Brenspeed 650R Roush supercharger package - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Brenspeed 650R Roush supercharger package

Im getting this kit installed at Brenspeed the week of July 8th. I was going to get the Vortech system installed but after emailing and chatting with Brent I was convinced that this package for almost the same $$ is for me. (install is less). That being said I will post Pics/ dyno results and also have some parts for sale after the install that I will post to the classified section: Boss Manifold and Steed CAI. I'm having a hard time controlling myself waiting for the install date, I would buy the kit and put it on myself but Im pretty sure it is beyond my level of "mechanicalism". I've done all my mods myself to date minus the gears but I really want this to be done perfectly and that's why I went with Brenspeed!!

special shout out to my wife.. YOU are the kewlest, devil dog!!! I love you!!
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Love to see the numbers. I just checked it out. Looks awesome. My wife just gave me the OK to start pricing. Believe it or not that's a huge step.
bigsmitty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yeah, wife gave me the green light when I bought mine. The deal is, if I spend 10k on my car she gets to spend 10k on a mods of her own, wink wink. Upgraded headlights if you catch what I'm saying.

So it's a win win for me!!!!

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

I was actually thinking of doing Brenspeed as well. Make it a vacation. Haul her up from Texas,
SystemCritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemCritical View Post
Yeah, wife gave me the green light when I bought mine. The deal is, if I spend 10k on my car she gets to spend 10k on a mods of her own, wink wink. Upgraded headlights if you catch what I'm saying.

Nice
Old 06-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 PM ----------

I was actually thinking of doing Brenspeed as well. Make it a vacation. Haul her up from Texas,
Now that's Ironic, Quit living my LIFE!! LOL. my wife went to her 1st appointment for her "upgrades"/"chesticles" this morning. they go in the end of August. I cant wait to get those installed as well!!
Old 06-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post

Now that's Ironic, Quit living my LIFE!! LOL. my wife went to her 1st appointment for her "upgrades"/"chesticles" this morning. they go in the end of August. I cant wait to get those installed as well!!
No way, too damn funny right there. Congrats!!!

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Mike, please keep us informed as to your experience with Brenspeed and this install. Good luck! B
Old 06-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

Sounds pretty awesome for you! Why truck it from Texas to Indiana for brenspeed? They opened a 2nd location in the DFW area I believe

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

Sounds pretty awesome for you! Why truck it from Texas to Indiana for brenspeed? They opened a 2nd location in the DFW area I believe
What what??!!!! That would be fantastic.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No way, too damn funny right there. Congrats!!!

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Mike, please keep us informed as to your experience with Brenspeed and this install. Good luck! B
Will do, it's all positive this far..
Old 06-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #10
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

What what??!!!! That would be fantastic.
I know they have a second location in Texas, I don't know exactly where but I know there's one down there

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I know they have a second location in Texas, I don't know exactly where but I know there's one down there
Yup, looked it up. It's in Cedar Hill. About a four hour drive for me. It's decided. I haven't been able to find a place in Houston that specializes in the specific wants that I have.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Didn't mean to hijack the thread Mike. Proceed!!! Lol. I just got excited.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yup, looked it up. It's in Cedar Hill. About a four hour drive for me. It's decided. I haven't been able to find a place in Houston that specializes in the specific wants that I have.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Didn't mean to hijack the thread Mike. Proceed!!! Lol. I just got excited.
Nah, man. I hear ya I'm excited also. Brenspeed is top notch, i don't think either of us will be disappointed.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Do you have a Boss? I have gathered over tons of post that it is not wise to go over 600 with the GT stock bottom end. What does Brenspeed have to say about that?
Old 06-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #14
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Do you have a Boss? I have gathered over tons of post that it is not wise to go over 600 with the GT stock bottom end. What does Brenspeed have to say about that?
The power level is all about the tune. There are a few guys running over 700 rwhp on the stock block. They all have spot on tunes as well

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 09:22 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The power level is all about the tune. There are a few guys running over 700 rwhp on the stock block. They all have spot on tunes as well
I guess the best thing would be to talk to Brenspeed about what I want then.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:07 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I guess the best thing would be to talk to Brenspeed about what I want then.
Keep in mind also the 650r and 710 are at the crank not the wheels. When Brent emailed me back, about the vortech he said that even though the 2300 would be producing less rwhp overall it would walk on the vortech because it can produce max boost at 3000rpm. The torque is insane with this kit. People have recorded 10s with this kit and nothing else but exhaust.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

So when they state the gt bottom end is safe in the area of 600-650 with the tune they are referring RWHP not crank? You would have to be in the 700's to produce over 600 RWHP.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:31 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Not Guna walk a vortech lol if u get traction off line you will get out quicker but by no means u Guna walk a vortech there 650 at wheels lol
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So when they state the gt bottom end is safe in the area of 600-650 with the tune they are referring RWHP not crank? You would have to be in the 700's to produce over 600 RWHP.
That 710 kit would get you 600 plus to the wheels. Hard to say what the max the bottom end can take on this coyote. I see Guys ruining 800 +rwhp for the last 2 to 3 years with no problems. Read an interesting article called big bad boost in muscle mustangs and fast fords last month. about running lower boost with more mods = greater results and safer on your engine. Personally I'm going with the 650 kit b/c it think 560+ rwhp will make me happy. And if it's not enough or i feel the need for speed again, i can always do a pulley swap and add the open intake. My neighbor runs the 710 kit on his roush.. No problems except I'm jealous
Old 06-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto111 View Post
Not Guna walk a vortech lol if u get traction off line you will get out quicker but by no means u Guna walk a vortech there 650 at wheels lol
Not my words bro, Brent from brenspeed said that. Also the 2300 is more reliable, runs smoother, and gives you more power earlier, hence why you can beat someone running that 650 rwhp. I believe him bc he's very reputable here in Indy.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:48 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's far from true. Peak horsepower doesn't not win drag races. No doubt the vortech makes a higher peak number just due to efficiency over the roots style blower, but the torque that the roots style blower makes will always give the advantage over a the vortech powered car. The vortech car and the roush car will both be very respectable 10 second rides, but the roush will be just as fast with nearly 100rwhp less. That's neither a good or bad thing for the vortech owner, but to say that the vortech making 650 would keep it from being competition for the roush would be false.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Oh oh... Is this turning into a PD vs Centri thread already? Lol....

PD! PD! PD!!!!!
Old 06-15-2013, 10:57 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh oh... Is this turning into a PD vs Centri thread already? Lol....

PD! PD! PD!!!!!
Haha personally I wouldnt get the roush or the vortech..

WHIPPLE ALL DAY!

Sorry for thread jacking! I stops now
Old 06-15-2013, 11:02 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Haha well wasn't a competition by I just meant to say there is no way one will walk the other lol
Old 06-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
Im getting this kit installed at Brenspeed the week of July 8th. I was going to get the Vortech system installed but after emailing and chatting with Brent I was convinced that this package for almost the same $$ is for me. (install is less). That being said I will post Pics/ dyno results and also have some parts for sale after the install that I will post to the classified section: Boss Manifold and Steed CAI. I'm having a hard time controlling myself waiting for the install date, I would buy the kit and put it on myself but Im pretty sure it is beyond my level of "mechanicalism". I've done all my mods myself to date minus the gears but I really want this to be done perfectly and that's why I went with Brenspeed!!

special shout out to my wife.. YOU are the kewlest, devil dog!!! I love you!!
Have you been to their shop in Pierceton yet? I would love to take a visit up there sometime! What part of Indy you live in? I'm over in the Geist area. PM me if you're interested in a possible local sale for your CAI..
DirtyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:03 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quick question, dont want to bash thjs thread, isnt paxton better then vortech? Or the same thing, thought i heard paxton bought vortech.
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Theyre essentially the same company. Paxton/ vortec/ lysholm
Old 06-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

It's vortech who bought Paxton and the kits are 99 % same head unit is only thing that's different
Old 06-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Looks like someone will have to put it to the test when they get it installed. You all can talk hypothetical and argue based on theory, but have you all tested by racing over and over with each kit? Walk? No way, theoretically speaking. Does it happen? All the time, both ways. I personally have walked many centrifugals at the track, and vice versa. So technically "walking" can happen. It comes down to the most important aspect of drag racing,...THE DRIVER.

Do you have aftermarket tires yet? When you get your sc installed, you aren't going to walk anyone if you still have the stockers.

OP, brenspeed isn't a bad tune but if you're going tvs you should seriously think VMP before you decide. Did a mail order with them and then sent them data logs and both my old tuners here were shocked at how spot on the tune was. Vmp didn't have to change or adjust anything.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
Looks like someone will have to put it to the test when they get it installed. You all can talk hypothetical and argue based on theory, but have you all tested by racing over and over with each kit? Walk? No way, theoretically speaking. Does it happen? All the time, both ways. I personally have walked many centrifugals at the track, and vice versa. So technically "walking" can happen. It comes down to the most important aspect of drag racing,...THE DRIVER.

Do you have aftermarket tires yet? When you get your sc installed, you aren't going to walk anyone if you still have the stockers.

OP, brenspeed isn't a bad tune but if you're going tvs you should seriously think VMP before you decide. Did a mail order with them and then sent them data logs and both my old tuners here were shocked at how spot on the tune was. Vmp didn't have to change or adjust anything.
thanks, always looking for good tunes. I don't have drag radials if that's what you mean. maybe next year, my car came with Pzeros and they were garbage, I've had the mickey comp street tire as well. switched to the michelin pilot sport a/s plus most recently and they are awesome. IMO the best street tire I've had.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

I just checked out vmp. Gotta say now I'm torn. I may just get up with Fastlane Motorsports and have them hook me up. Not much else round here in NC.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #32
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
I have to give VMP props, I ordered a few things from them and one came wrong. I emailed Justin the owner. It was about 11:30 pm. He was at a drag strip and still took time to talk to me. Not gotten anything as big as a blower from them but sometime when I go down that way, I'm stoppin in there. Not to mention he had silver stripes painted on his 816 horse Shelby. It's identical to mine except his originally came with white stripes. He had silver painted on. Sick car!
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry for thread jack with my vortech I was Guna order Bren speed tune does Vmp do email tunes as well
Old 06-16-2013, 07:26 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sorry for thread jack with my vortech I was Guna order Bren speed tune does Vmp do email tunes as well
Yes they do. They do require data logging though
Old 06-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

Yes they do. They do require data logging though
They don't REQUIRE data logging. I didn't data log mine for a year, and did it because I wanted too.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT