Who's Running Nitrous - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SoCal
Region: California
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
They will be fine if not then I will go built. Either way its all good to me. And a custom kit from nx
Ok that's makes sense, I'll look forward to seeing the numbers if you post them.
Molonlabemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molonlabemike View Post

Cost to fill up a ten pund bottle is $30 and I should be able to get about 11 runs in before I'm SOL with a 100 shot. YMMV
That's cheaper than I thought it would be. I'll have to start researching systems.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SoCal
Region: California
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
That's cheaper than I thought it would be. I'll have to start researching systems.
Yup, find out what kit works best. I feel the plate setup is better from what I have researched.
Molonlabemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molonlabemike View Post

Ok that's makes sense, I'll look forward to seeing the numbers if you post them.
I will post them as soon as it done.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SoCal
Region: California
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
I will post them as soon as it done.
Great, looking forward to it. I have been on the fence myself of switching over to E85 for a race tune.
Molonlabemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mweigt07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: North Dakota
Posts: 322
What extra fuel mods would you need on top of the 47s for nitrous and e85?
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweigt07 View Post
What extra fuel mods would you need on top of the 47s for nitrous and e85?
A boost a pump
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mweigt07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: North Dakota
Posts: 322
Just a 18v?

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Going with nitrous outlet plate system with the JMS progressive controller
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweigt07 View Post
Just a 18v?
Kenne bell 40 amp will be perfectly fine.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mweigt07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: North Dakota
Posts: 322
I have the vortech sitting in the garage
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:01 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
There is no need for a progressive controller unless you are looking at 200+ shot. That way you can adjust nitrous per gear. A window switch will be just fine

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweigt07 View Post
I have the vortech sitting in the garage
That will work also
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:04 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mweigt07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: North Dakota
Posts: 322
Yeah I was looking at them still seeing the options on the tps switches.
Mweigt07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mweigt07 View Post
Yeah I was looking at them still seeing the options on the tps switches.
Just get a window switch and you will be good. Your kit will come with a full throttle switch
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:08 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular
 
FortyBrandon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,057
Can someone explain to me about nitrous? I just feel like its sort of a cheating way to go faster as its not really your car doing it but the nitrous doing it for you. I guess I'm more of an original man I guess :/
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
Can someone explain to me about nitrous? I just feel like its sort of a cheating way to go faster as its not really your car doing it but the nitrous doing it for you. I guess I'm more of an original man I guess :/
Its no diff from a turbo/supercharger. They are all power adders. Nitrous is usually more consistent at the track also as long as you watch your bottle pressure. There is no heat soak with the bottle either

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Alot of people think its cheaper but if you do it right with all the things you need and tunning you can easily have about 4k in you investment
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Its no diff from a turbo/supercharger. They are all power adders. Nitrous is usually more consistent at the track also as long as you watch your bottle pressure. There is no heat soak with the bottle either

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Alot of people think its cheaper but if you do it right with all the things you need and tunning you can easily have about 4k in you investment
+1. Ive yet to spray the 5.0 but have gave it serious thought. I was spraying a 150 shot on my heads/cam Ls1 camaro when i sold it. Awesome power when you need it, but unlike a sc or turbo, you're not putting the extra wear and tear on the motor when you don't need it. Just be careful, nitrous is like crack. Very addicting. I started with a 75 shot, then a 100, then a 150. Luckily for me i had free tunes for life from my tuner after i had the dyno tune for the heads/cam done. I was running a Wet NX kit with a WOT switch, with a window switch. I also had a purge, bottle warmer, and blown down tube as my track required one. NX makes great products
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

+1. Ive yet to spray the 5.0 but have gave it serious thought. I was spraying a 150 shot on my heads/cam Ls1 camaro when i sold it. Awesome power when you need it, but unlike a sc or turbo, you're not putting the extra wear and tear on the motor when you don't need it. Just be careful, nitrous is like crack. Very addicting. I started with a 75 shot, then a 100, then a 150. Luckily for me i had free tunes for life from my tuner after i had the dyno tune for the heads/cam done. I was running a Wet NX kit with a WOT switch, with a window switch. I also had a purge, bottle warmer, and blown down tube as my track required one. NX makes great products
You will love it on the coyote also. I am curently spraying 150
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

You will love it on the coyote also. I am curently spraying 150
Lol i know i would. Ive had the bottle on my last 4 cars. Im a huge fan of n2o, just tough to void my warranty so soon with only 6k on the clock. If i do decide to go with a power adder tho, it will def be the spray. Mines a DD, so the biggest selling point for me again, is the fact the powers there when you need it, otherwise your not putting the extra strees on the motor.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Lol i know i would. Ive had the bottle on my last 4 cars. Im a huge fan of n2o, just tough to void my warranty so soon with only 6k on the clock. If i do decide to go with a power adder tho, it will def be the spray. Mines a DD, so the biggest selling point for me again, is the fact the powers there when you need it, otherwise your not putting the extra strees on the motor.
I only have 7k on mine now and started spraying with 2k on it. I had tune/intake and offroad x at 500 miles.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

I only have 7k on mine now and started spraying with 2k on it. I had tune/intake and offroad x at 500 miles.
I hear ya man. If mine wasnt my DD I'd be right there with ya. But the warranty was one of the main reasons i decided to drop the money on a new car. Hopefully my bonus is good this year, and i can pick up a beater to drive around. Then its balls out on the GT haha
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:32 AM   #56
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
I think nitrous also helps cool the motor too, but I'd like confirmation from one of the nitrous gurus on that lol
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I think nitrous also helps cool the motor too, but I'd like confirmation from one of the nitrous gurus on that lol
Yes it does. Quite a bit actually
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:15 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Martinsville
Region: Virginia
Posts: 227
Thanks for all the info guys! Keep it coming! Is there an advantage to running the plate system vs. nozzle system or visa versa?
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular
 
rick9550's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dallas
Region: Texas
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

I only have 7k on mine now and started spraying with 2k on it. I had tune/intake and offroad x at 500 miles.
Do you have 2 tunes? One for nos and one for when just DD? If not, does it run worse if not on nos than it would if you had just it tuned for NA? Just wondering about the timing ****** needed for nos.
__________________
2011 GT Premium Black on Black, Eibach Sportline, Eibach Camber Bolts, BMRAdjustable Pan-hard bar, 19 x 9 Replica Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 275/35-19, GT/CSFront Fascia, C&L CAI, SCT SF3 w/ Bama Tune, Bassani Axle backs.
rick9550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstone94 View Post
Thanks for all the info guys! Keep it coming! Is there an advantage to running the plate system vs. nozzle system or visa versa?
Some test show that there is better atomization with the plate system vs the nozzle. I am running the nozzle system and have had no problems. They are both the same price so in all honesty is really personal preference.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick9550 View Post

Do you have 2 tunes? One for nos and one for when just DD? If not, does it run worse if not on nos than it would if you had just it tuned for NA? Just wondering about the timing ****** needed for nos.
Yes my tunner gives me 2 tunes. You can run your nitrous tune all the time if you want, you will just be down on power NA. The power loss is from the timming being pulled out.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Yes my tunner gives me 2 tunes. You can run your nitrous tune all the time if you want, you will just be down on power NA. The power loss is from the timming being pulled out.
Just outta curiosity if i do decide to spray, what kind of plugs are you using? Do you know how much timing your tuner pulled?
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Just outta curiosity if i do decide to spray, what kind of plugs are you using? Do you know how much timing your tuner pulled?
I am using the NGK iridium IX's, gaped at .35. He pulled out 5 degrees.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

I am using the NGK iridium IX's, gaped at .35. He pulled out 5 degrees.
Good deal thanks for the info. I think i had 3 degrees pulled when i was running the 100 shot on my camaro... Is that about right for the coyote as well?
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Good deal thanks for the info. I think i had 3 degrees pulled when i was running the 100 shot on my camaro... Is that about right for the coyote as well?
Yes 3 degrees would work perfectly
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Yes 3 degrees would work perfectly
Awesome. Man i cant believe how cheap you can get the nitrous for! Here in Northern Virginia it was already up to $4.50 a pound 2 years ago when i sold my camaro, just called around now and the cheapest i could find it for was $6 a lb!
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Awesome. Man i cant believe how cheap you can get the nitrous for! Here in Northern Virginia it was already up to $4.50 a pound 2 years ago when i sold my camaro, just called around now and the cheapest i could find it for was $6 a lb!
It actually went up out here also. I am paying $6 a pound right now. Someone posted on here that they could get it cheap but not sure who. I have seen it as high as $10 a pound though
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

It actually went up out here also. I am paying $6 a pound right now. Someone posted on here that they could get it cheap but not sure who. I have seen it as high as $10 a pound though
Wow $10 a pound?? Thats pricey.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Wow $10 a pound?? Thats pricey.
Yes luckily its not that high where I am at right now. $6 isnt to bad right now.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Make sure you get you a real good set of drag radialls for the bottle though.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #70
Registered Member
Regular
 
Evil2014GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern VA
Region: Alabama
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

Yes luckily its not that high where I am at right now. $6 isnt to bad right now.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Make sure you get you a real good set of drag radialls for the bottle though.
Oh yeah for sure haha. Those are a must either way lol
__________________
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
nitrous

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:04 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.