Product to enhance throttle response? Anybody - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Product to enhance throttle response? Anybody

So I found this while searching the web. And was wondering if anyone has heard about it? Or does any one know if it works. It's supposed to change the computer delay in the mustang to three different settings of your choice. For your throttle.
Www.sprintboosterusa.com

SPRINT BOOSTER FORD MUSTANG - 2011
Fits the following vehicle applications:
Jsmorley81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 08:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Same here with a tuned car ?

New Orleans FaceBook Mustang Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewOrleansS550/
rm2092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Interesting never heard about that.
Xtian85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmorley81 View Post
So I found this while searching the web. And was wondering if anyone has heard about it? Or does any one know if it works. It's supposed to change the computer delay in the mustang to three different settings of your choice. For your throttle.
Www.sprintboosterusa.com

SPRINT BOOSTER FORD MUSTANG - 2011
Fits the following vehicle applications:
Be careful with stuff like this. Kinda looks like all the fake tuning crap you see on ebay. And $300???? For a little plug and harness??
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I'd just get a tune from Bama or something over that....
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I've got at tune and full bolt on stuff. Just wondering if anyone's ever tried it?
Jsmorley81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I've got some snake oil for sale, anybody need some? Limited time offer!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
What the eff??
sean5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Sell it to a Slomaro owner. They need all the help they can get.
ARfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #10
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
interesting product... Although, for the that price you're better of just getting a custom tune. You'll see the same affect with increased throttle response, on top of more power throughout the RPM range.

Increased throttle response is always welcome, but pair that will some extra pony's and you're really feet it with the butt dyno

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Lol. How much? Do you take Paypal? You should post in the classified section, make sure you have a pic with your name in it.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post

Lol. How much? Do you take Paypal? You should post in the classified section, make sure you have a pic with your name in it.
The Ford Racing ProCal Tuner actually claims to improve this...from the ProCal article: "In the area of automatic transmission calibration, they generally make extensive changes to improve shift quality and give the transmission a more performance-oriented feel, without compromising durability".
kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:47 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer View Post
The Ford Racing ProCal Tuner actually claims to improve this...from the ProCal article: "In the area of automatic transmission calibration, they generally make extensive changes to improve shift quality and give the transmission a more performance-oriented feel, without compromising durability".
There's a lot of marketing in there with a small shred of truth.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:42 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

There's a lot of marketing in there with a small shred of truth.
Do you have any experience with the ProCal or are you just cautioning against the marketing hype? I also have an automatic and this tune is the next on the budget list, partly because of the specific change to the automatic transmission, something badly needed and not offered with other tunes ( that may be better out of the box IF you have a manual tranny).
Old 06-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Do you have any experience with the ProCal or are you just cautioning against the marketing hype? I also have an automatic and this tune is the next on the budget list, partly because of the specific change to the automatic transmission, something badly needed and not offered with other tunes ( that may be better out of the box IF you have a manual tranny).
What do you mean not offered with other tunes? Every tuner changes the shifting characteristics. The procal is junk, stay away from it. The tune is weak and the vast majority of people are disappointed and have issues with it pinging - which for says is "normal."
Old 06-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What do you mean not offered with other tunes? Every tuner changes the shifting characteristics. The procal is junk, stay away from it. The tune is weak and the vast majority of people are disappointed and have issues with it pinging - which for says is "normal."
I didn't see shifting characteristics mentioned in any other tunes lit...will def investigate further...thanks for the heads-up...
Old 06-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I didn't see shifting characteristics mentioned in any other tunes lit...will def investigate further...thanks for the heads-up...
I think it's just a given that it's part of the tune. If they weren't touching the trans tuning, they wouldn't ask if you have an auto or manual.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
am states in there tuners that they greatly improve shift points and firmness...
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

I have a manual and have the procal tuner. I bought it mainly to get rid of skip-shift. I saw small low-end performance gains but nothing spectacular. I got bored with it, especially after changing to 410 gears. Now that I have a bama tuner with the three tunes they provide. I look back and see that I wasted money on the procal. I feel a huge difference with the bama performance tune. I live in CA so only 91 is generally available. I put some 94 in it once and played around with the race tune, fun.

I was told this earlier but I was afraid of voiding my warranty. I ended-up potentially voiding it anyway because I couldn't find a dealer around here to install a tune using the procal.

When I moved from the procal to the Bama tuner I put my car back to stock and drove it to get 94 octane before putting on the bama tune. I swear the stock tune felt like it ran better. It could have been the gas.

Other folks here say there are better tunes and tuners. I just like to play around on the street, so I'm happy with what I have now. You can look back at my noob postings and see the route I took. I wouldn't buy the procal. There's no comparison, just by looking at the quality of the tuner itself.
InfinibandGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinibandGT View Post

I have a manual and have the procal tuner. I bought it mainly to get rid of skip-shift. I saw small low-end performance gains but nothing spectacular. I got bored with it, especially after changing to 410 gears. Now that I have a bama tuner with the three tunes they provide. I look back and see that I wasted money on the procal. I feel a huge difference with the bama performance tune. I live in CA so only 91 is generally available. I put some 94 in it once and played around with the race tune, fun.

I was told this earlier but I was afraid of voiding my warranty. I ended-up potentially voiding it anyway because I couldn't find a dealer around here to install a tune using the procal.

When I moved from the procal to the Bama tuner I put my car back to stock and drove it to get 94 octane before putting on the bama tune. I swear the stock tune felt like it ran better. It could have been the gas.

Other folks here say there are better tunes and tuners. I just like to play around on the street, so I'm happy with what I have now. You can look back at my noob postings and see the route I took. I wouldn't buy the procal. There's no comparison, just by looking at the quality of the tuner itself.
Great info...appreciate the detail...wish I could hear the same from someone with an automatic...but you've convinced me to seriously check out the BAMA before taking the plunge. Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
interesting product... Although, for the that price you're better of just getting a custom tune. You'll see the same affect with increased throttle response, on top of more power throughout the RPM range.

Increased throttle response is always welcome, but pair that will some extra pony's and you're really feet it with the butt dyno

Shane
Shane...do you know if the BAMA tune actually alters the automatic transmission's shifting calibration?
Old 06-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #21

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Opinions vary....

In my opinion, the ProCal provides the kind of driving experience the Mustang should have come with from the factory.

A ProCal in your Automatic 2011+ Mustang may be for you if:

1) You don't have a personal Money tree growing in your backyard and can't afford to cough up the cold hard cash to replace a $8,000 -10,000 engine should you end up with a Cyl# 8 issue from a "aftermarket" tune.

2) You like Improved gas mileage (I have seen MPG's of "mix" driving go from 14-16mpg up to 16-19mpg)

3) You live in the Midwest (KC for example) and only have crappy 91 oct Premium (95% of which is loaded with crappy Ethanol).

4) You prefer a "Drivability" Tune over a "All-out, on the ragged edge, Race" tune. Sure an "aftermarket" tune will get you an extra Tenth or Two at the drag strip, but unless you "live your life a 1/4 mile at a time" then its not a huge deal.

Now....in regards to the ProCal tuning of the Automatic Transmission its self.

True, ProCal does not "Program" per say, but the Auto's have adaptive learning (like most modern day vehicles) so if driven "hard", down shifts happen much faster, shifts happen with less "lag" and overall the car just feels a lot more alive (if you slow down and shift the car down to "1st" manually, and then hammer it, the car will break the tires loose from a low roll).

Also read the Second section of this article called "All Natural" Ford Racing 2011 Mustang GT - Pack Attack - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine
KC Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:18 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Henry View Post

Opinions vary....

In my opinion, the ProCal provides the kind of driving experience the Mustang should have come with from the factory.

A ProCal in your Automatic 2011+ Mustang may be for you if:

1) You don't have a personal Money tree growing in your backyard and can't afford to cough up the cold hard cash to replace a $8,000 -10,000 engine should you end up with a Cyl# 8 issue from a "aftermarket" tune.

2) You like Improved gas mileage (I have seen MPG's of "mix" driving go from 14-16mpg up to 16-19mpg)

3) You live in the Midwest (KC for example) and only have crappy 91 oct Premium (95% of which is loaded with crappy Ethanol).

4) You prefer a "Drivability" Tune over a "All-out, on the ragged edge, Race" tune. Sure an "aftermarket" tune will get you an extra Tenth or Two at the drag strip, but unless you "live your life a 1/4 mile at a time" then its not a huge deal.

Now....in regards to the ProCal tuning of the Automatic Transmission its self.

True, ProCal does not "Program" per say, but the Auto's have adaptive learning (like most modern day vehicles) so if driven "hard", down shifts happen much faster, shifts happen with less "lag" and overall the car just feels a lot more alive (if you slow down and shift the car down to "1st" manually, and then hammer it, the car will break the tires loose from a low roll).

Also read the Second section of this article called "All Natural" Ford Racing 2011 Mustang GT - Pack Attack - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine
This sounds oddly familiar. I'm having Dejavu, it's almost like I read this exact post somewhere else. Didn't like the responses you got on s197 did you?

Opinions vary, but facts remain...
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 11:32 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Our tunes will increase the throttle response of the car for quicker take-offs.
We alter the transmission shift points at part and WOT.
We alter the firmness of the shift at part and WOT
(Our shift firmness is different for different throttle settings. Some of the other tuners out there use the same “ neck-snapping” settings for full and part-throttle. WE DON’T)

Our tune will increase the power throughout the enter RPM Range.

We will set you up with a couple of different tunes. 89 Octane, plus a higher-octane tune for more power. (91 or 93, depending on what’s available in your area).

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
Our tunes will increase the throttle response of the car for quicker take-offs.
We alter the transmission shift points at part and WOT.
We alter the firmness of the shift at part and WOT
(Our shift firmness is different for different throttle settings. Some of the other tuners out there use the same “ neck-snapping” settings for full and part-throttle. WE DON’T)

Our tune will increase the power throughout the enter RPM Range.

We will set you up with a couple of different tunes. 89 Octane, plus a higher-octane tune for more power. (91 or 93, depending on what’s available in your area).

Best Regards,

TJ
Thanks TJ.

I'm running the road coarse at Lime Rock (CT) July 15th to see how the recently installed Michelin Pilot Super Spots and HPS brakes work out. Next outing planned is end of August and will probably go for the tune prior to that. I'll talk to a few guys in in the local Mustang Club and get a few hundred more opinions and decide then.

THANKS TO ALL FOR THE INPUT!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2248078580.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	591.6 KB
ID:	115450  
Old 06-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
This sounds oddly familiar. I'm having Dejavu, it's almost like I read this exact post somewhere else. Didn't like the responses you got on s197 did you?

Opinions vary, but facts remain...
He's posted this same exact thing on 5-6 other sites. No one is buying his sales pitch there also.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
He's posted this same exact thing on 5-6 other sites. No one is buying his sales pitch there also.
Lmao +1 Scott
sean5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

The best mod I ever found to increase throttle response was wearing steel toe boots while your driving. You can't feel the pedal so you don't know how hard you push. So bam, increased throttle response!
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Lol, sounds like a plan.

Let me know if you need support when you decide.

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
I think there would be a market for a steel cable setup - traditional, old style. Throttle plates open up as fast as I can mash the pedal, just like it should be. If someone made this to eliminate the e-throttle, I would be inclined to buy it.
"I'm not new to driving. I've been doing it for a couple of years now." - Aphex
Compstall is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT