Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Discovered a button right under the alarm light

8K views 28 replies 17 participants last post by  blackbeast12 
#1 · (Edited)
I was fiddling underneath the steering wheel then down to the the alarm LED light and noticed a button right under it. I accidentally pressed it and it felt like the click of a mouse. Not sure what it does but I've looked all over the manual, searched the forum and cannot find a thing about it. Alarm is not aftermarket (OEM) bought the car new from a dealership. Can anyone spare me some knowledge on what this button does? Thank you in advance.

See less See more
#15 ·
I have a button like that too; only I paid to have it installed.

If it's the same as mine, it's the Valet Switch to the AutoMate AM1.5 alarm. You can get the owner's manual from the web page here:
Automate - Automate AM1.5

#16 ·
I love how when someone finds a mysterious button like this they almost instantly press it having no idea what the outcome could be. Lol

#17 ·
"Auto-destruct sequence initiated" LoL

#22 ·
Most factory ford installed alarms have them. Well at our dealership at least. I usually only see them in f-150s but they do put them in a wide variety of cars/trucks. It's does temporarily disable the alarm if you don't have the fob with you and allows you to start the vehicle. Some of the older style keys won't start the vehicle if you don't have the fob to deactivate it hence the back up button. On our cars it's for vallet, or my key. Assuming your fob doesn't turn off your alarm and you can't start your vehicle because there is a flashing red light saying anti-theft, push the button and turn it off..... Hope criminals don't read this lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.