Eibach springs 2014 GT - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStang77 View Post

Sorry second paragraph didn't make sense. Stupid iPhone correction.

"I got the Sportlines with a 1.3" front drop. From what I remember [both] shops gave the same degree on the camber [after the drop]." Said camber is within spec.
I went with camber bolts...
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yea I plan on just getting the bolts and if need be with further modding and whatnot I'll get the plates
Rselsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #38

Region: Virginia
Where did you get your 20s from? What else did you do besides eibach springs and pan hard bar? Thanks, I like how your ride sits.
sn1per28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn1per28 View Post
Where did you get your 20s from? What else did you do besides eibach springs and pan hard bar? Thanks, I like how your ride sits.
Me? Mine are Shelby CS40 black machined silver and I bought them from cruzinconceptswholesale.com. Heap eat price by far (almost $400 less for wheels and tire package).

I'm running stock struts and shocks with BMR lower control arms and FRPP relocation bracket.

For the most part the cars livable with the nearly stock suspension. I'm not running any camber plates or bolts. Two shops said my front camber is within factory specs and I haven't had any uneven tire wear on two sets of tires so far.

I was going to get adjustable sway bars and shocks/struts but shoot I'm saving money for the time being.

Have had this set up for a while now. Stock dampers are holding up. Still too soft but still working so I figure I'll change it out when it goes.
DallasStang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:12 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Me? Mine are Shelby CS40 black machined silver and I bought them from cruzinconceptswholesale.com. Heap eat price by far (almost $400 less for wheels and tire package).

I'm running stock struts and shocks with BMR lower control arms and FRPP relocation bracket.

For the most part the cars livable with the nearly stock suspension. I'm not running any camber plates or bolts. Two shops said my front camber is within factory specs and I haven't had any uneven tire wear on two sets of tires so far.

I was going to get adjustable sway bars and shocks/struts but shoot I'm saving money for the time being.

Have had this set up for a while now. Stock dampers are holding up. Still too soft but still working so I figure I'll change it out when it goes.
Can this set up be run comfortably in 18's?
laxmunkey26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I have the Eibach Pro System Plus, that's the whole kit. I called Eibach regarding the Pan-hard bar and LCA relocation brackets and they said they felt it wasn't needed. They said they had heard of those items, but testing the kit prior to sale, they didn't think I needed them.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmunkey26 View Post

Can this set up be run comfortably in 18's?
It would be the same except your 18s would make your car ride lower and you would probably have slightly more wheel gap unless you run higher profile.

When I ran 19s the ride was just a cm or so lower I think and gap was also bigger.

Comfort wise it should also be more comfortable.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzep View Post
I have the Eibach Pro System Plus, that's the whole kit. I called Eibach regarding the Pan-hard bar and LCA relocation brackets and they said they felt it wasn't needed. They said they had heard of those items, but testing the kit prior to sale, they didn't think I needed them.
Really? Pro kit has like 1.3-1.5 drop which definitely changes the angles.

I'm surprised the said no. This is one advice from an expert company I will vehemently not follow.

I have the sportlines and the angle of the LCA was way off.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It would be the same except your 18s would make your car ride lower and you would probably have slightly more wheel gap unless you run higher profile.

When I ran 19s the ride was just a cm or so lower I think and gap was also bigger.

Comfort wise it should also be more comfortable.

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Really? Pro kit has like 1.3-1.5 drop which definitely changes the angles.

I'm surprised the said no. This is one advice from an expert company I will vehemently not follow.

I have the sportlines and the angle of the LCA was way off.
Thanks. In the pictures yiu uploaded earlier in the thread are those 19 or 20's
Old 10-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks. In the pictures yiu uploaded earlier in the thread are those 19 or 20's
Those are Shelby CS40 and those are 20 inchers
Old 10-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Those are Shelby CS40 and those are 20 inchers
Ah those look great. I'm trying not to break the bank on buying wheels and tires now and in the future. I was planning in staying with 18's. I've seen some dogs with 18 s and they look great. Decisions decisions
Old 10-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ah those look great. I'm trying not to break the bank on buying wheels and tires now and in the future. I was planning in staying with 18's. I've seen some dogs with 18 s and they look great. Decisions decisions
Thanks for the compliment! They look much better in real life.

18s would give you overall better performace and comfort. And they're cheaper. I would run 18s but I'm not too much of a performance junky anymore. I love the stance and looks of 20s so I figure since I don't race at all I could live with the performance and ride penalty.

Which rims were you considering? And what size tires?
Old 10-24-2013, 09:41 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thanks for the compliment! They look much better in real life.

18s would give you overall better performace and comfort. And they're cheaper. I would run 18s but I'm not too much of a performance junky anymore. I love the stance and looks of 20s so I figure since I don't race at all I could live with the performance and ride penalty.

Which rims were you considering? And what size tires?
I really like AMR's charcoal 18x9/10. They run Nitto Nt555 front 255/45 back 275/40.

I know I can proabably find.better tires but, i'm pretty much bald in the rear as is. I need tires asap

http://www.americanmuscle.com/charco...itto-stag.html
Old 10-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I really like AMR's charcoal 18x9/10. They run Nitto Nt555 front 255/45 back 275/40.

I know I can proabably find.better tires but, i'm pretty much bald in the rear as is. I need tires asap

http://www.americanmuscle.com/charco...itto-stag.html
Those are one of the 18s I would get if I got 18s. 5 spokes look too weak.

I have the Nitto 555. They're decent. Straight line is better than cornering grip.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Those are one of the 18s I would get if I got 18s. 5 spokes look too weak.

I have the Nitto 555. They're decent. Straight line is better than cornering grip.
That's great to hear. I plan on making her a weekend awrrior.on.the track every once in a while.

Think I'll stick with the 18's then.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:50 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That's great to hear. I plan on making her a weekend awrrior.on.the track every once in a while.

Think I'll stick with the 18's then.
Oh and I believe Nitto tends to run narrow. My 285 barely fits into my 10 inch wide rim. The sidewall isn't perfectly straight up and down. Seems 295 would provide that optimum sidewall position but there aren't 555s in that size.

You might ask if 285 would be a better fit depending on your wheel size.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:27 AM   #51
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Oh and I believe Nitto tends to run narrow. My 285 barely fits into my 10 inch wide rim. The sidewall isn't perfectly straight up and down. Seems 295 would provide that optimum sidewall position but there aren't 555s in that size. You might ask if 285 would be a better fit depending on your wheel size.
Nittos do run a little narrow. You could probably put 315s on a 10" since normally a 10" can fit 305 regular.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:53 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh and I believe Nitto tends to run narrow. My 285 barely fits into my 10 inch wide rim. The sidewall isn't perfectly straight up and down. Seems 295 would provide that optimum sidewall position but there aren't 555s in that size.

You might ask if 285 would be a better fit depending on your wheel size.
Yea seems like a lot of people are putting 285 or 295 on the 10' . I'll call AM and ask them about sticking a fatter tire on there.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:15 PM   #53

Region: Maryland
Finally put on my Eibach pro springs. After I installed the springs it gave me the drop I was looking for not slammed just right. I had to go back and install camber bolts I cant stand the wheels tilted in look. Anyway I did the aliginment in my garage ended up with .02/.05 camber and I squared the car for the toe in 1/16. Know panard bar needed, too me the car rides much better a lot smoother.
Teebone is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT