2013 exhaust upgrade - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
YOU will not gain hp from a axle back!
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker79 View Post
Sound clip with high flow cats, heartthrob w/flowpacks, and RTRs.
That is a perfect example of why I wouldn't use this setup. The car sounds great at idle, but all the coughing and sputtering when it is rev'ed up sounds terrible.
skramblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by skramblr View Post
That is a perfect example of why I wouldn't use this setup. The car sounds great at idle, but all the coughing and sputtering when it is rev'ed up sounds terrible.
Coughing and sputtering? Maybe I just wasn't revving it up enough. I can make another video. In person, it sounds incredible. No popping, no drone, and it's deep.
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Here is another video I just made. There is a little popping now that I added the Kooks headers and H-pipe.

Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
Old 07-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Just from experience, I would not go wish the Roush axle backs. You will not gain any hp. One thing to look for is the inlet diameter. Roush are stock 2 3/4. The only axle backs that you will gain hp, if any, would be a 3" diameter. I had roush and thought they sounded great, but they were too raspy once you get in the higher rpms. It really became annoying. I then added 3" heartthrob cat back with flowpacks. This helped a tad bit, but I still didn't like the rasp. I then added the RTR mufflers, and man are they SICK! They are deep, and don't rasp or drone at all. My next addition was the kooks 1 7/8 with kooks boss 302 h pipe and side pipes. It is just straight mean!

Sound clip with high flow cats, heartthrob w/flowpacks, and RTRs.

Sound clip with kooks setup
Your car sounds on point
Finkikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkikus View Post
Your car sounds on point
Thank you.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #42
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkikus View Post

Your car sounds on point
Yep! They sound just as good as my borla s. actually, I'm jealous.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Yep! They sound just as good as my borla s. actually, I'm jealous.
I actually looked at getting the Borla S when I first got the car, but I went with Roush instead, and after adding the Heartthrob cat to axle pipes it got really raspy. That is when I went with the RTRs. I needed something to tone it down a bit.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Here is another video I just made. There is a little popping now that I added the Kooks headers and H-pipe.

That last one sounded pretty good to me. At about the 35sec mark there is only a small hiccup when it's over rev'ed a bit. My stock exhaust doesn't make noises like that. Of course, overall the exhaust note on that setup is head and shoulders above the stocker.
skramblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skramblr View Post
That last one sounded pretty good to me. At about the 35sec mark there is only a small hiccup when it's over rev'ed a bit. My stock exhaust doesn't make noises like that. Of course, overall the exhaust note on that setup is head and shoulders above the stocker.
Yeah. I rev'ed it a littler higher than I meant to. Can't help but have a heavy foot.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #46

Region: California
Thanks for all the input! The RTRs sound great! Don't know if I wanna go with headers yet.
Twampa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twampa1 View Post
Thanks for all the input! The RTRs sound great! Don't know if I wanna go with headers yet.
What all do you think you will want to do to the car? If you aren't going forced induction or aren't trying to push the engine to over 500 hp you really don't need to get headers. The factory headers are known to flow really well. Many people only gain ~15 hp with headers. Not to mention they are a pain in the a$$ to install. if you do get headers, I would go with 1 3/4 headers instead of 1 7/8. The 1 7/8 headers really only help the exhaust flow if the engine is forced induction, or if you have a boss in which the heads flow about 4% better than the 5.0.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:43 PM   #48

Region: California
Right now I'm just looking at exhaust and tinting the windows. Also looking at blacking out the emblems, hood vents, marker lights and headlights. I'm on a budget. I'm a single parent. All my time and money(ABA therapy) goes towards my 12 yr old autistic son who I have custody of. His Mom basically bailed. I wanna do something for me if you know what I mean.
Twampa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:05 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Check our granatelli motorsports axle back video on YouTube. Looks and sounds like a great product for under $400 on stage3motorsports.com & summit racing

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

It's also on livernois website for $386 but I don't know if they have free shipping.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twampa1 View Post
Right now I'm just looking at exhaust and tinting the windows. Also looking at blacking out the emblems, hood vents, marker lights and headlights. I'm on a budget. I'm a single parent. All my time and money(ABA therapy) goes towards my 12 yr old autistic son who I have custody of. His Mom basically bailed. I wanna do something for me if you know what I mean.
In your situation, I would just get the FRPP GT500 mufflers. They sound great, and can be purchased at a very affordable price.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT