Thinking about lowering - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Im lowerd on eibach prokit with panhard bar and LCA... You dont really notice the rear being out until you add new rims and wider tires.. Thats when you will notice it... My ride quality is still comfortable with the eibach prokit
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #37
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Not arguing that at all. I just PERSONALLY don't want their parts on my car. Not trying to steer anybody else away from them though. And you are 100% correct in regards to the way they handled the situation. They proved that they are committed to providing good quality products for their customers. Again, i personally just prefer BMR. Mainly being because, whiteline is pretty new to the mustang world and i dont have any "real life" experience with their parts. I have had alot of BMR parts on past cars, without ever having a single problem. My philosophy is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Agreed with the BMR thing, I love their parts and I wouldn't hesitate to put any BMR or UPR parts on my car

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

Eh, IMO that's not a fair judgement. WL came out and admitted that there was an issue and is replacing all the failed components with a more sturdy piece at no charge to their customers. I don't base a company on how well they handle success but rather how they handle adversity. They admitted they were wrong and are making it right. They have been making performance suspension for quite some time for many different cars. They know their stuff
Well I agree, but here's my issue. A uca install costs more than the uca itself in some cases, so what about the people who paid for an install and now have to pay for another? I'm sure whiteline isn't going to front that bill. I still like whiteline though, and I would totally give them another chance.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:

Agreed with the BMR thing, I love their parts and I wouldn't hesitate to put any BMR or UPR parts on my car
I have some experience with UPR, and i agree, they make top quality stuff as well. I would put UPR products on my car any day as well.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

Well I agree, but here's my issue. A uca install costs more than the uca itself in some cases, so what about the people who paid for an install and now have to pay for another? I'm sure whiteline isn't going to front that bill. I still like whiteline though, and I would totally give them another chance.
Very good point. I install all my stuff personally, but im sure a lot of people out there don't. And like you said, a UCA install isnt the easiest thing in the world to do, and can probably get pretty pricey.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #40
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

Yea, it's a shame. However I don't know that WL is legally bound to anything, so the fact they're doing anything at all is good.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:

Yea, it's a shame. However I don't know that WL is legally bound to anything, so the fact they're doing anything at all is good.
Yeah that's true.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Ended up going with the GoPro Hero. Just not enough Bandwidth for Dropping.

Sounds similar to boost. All or nothing, not something to piece meal. Understand that it's pay to play so I made the responsible decision.
slonison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonison View Post

Sounds similar to boost. All or nothing, not something to piece meal. Understand that it's pay to play so I made the responsible decision.
Fair enough. Plenty of people piece together their suspension, as long as you do everything in a fairly short span, you're not going to hurt anything. You just may not have the nicest quality ride for that period of time haha. I personally just think its a waste of time to do the same job multiple times.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 06-27-2013, 05:05 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by slonison View Post

U made the right decision, if u wanna do it right gather the correct parts and have some nice wheels lined up and do all at once when your ready
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:45 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Here is a trick that will straighten the fronts up. Take your shocks out to put in your springs, but when you put the fronts back in, flip the shock bolt position 180 degrees. The arrow will face the other way. The 2 bolts tha were closer to the fender will be along the engine bay and vice versa.

And I have a brand new Panhard Bar in the box if you need.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

And let me know if you need rims.
MELLOWYELLOW06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:56 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06 View Post
Here is a trick that will straighten the fronts up. Take your shocks out to put in your springs, but when you put the fronts back in, flip the shock bolt position 180 degrees. The arrow will face the other way. The 2 bolts tha were closer to the fender will be along the engine bay and vice versa.

And I have a brand new Panhard Bar in the box if you need.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

And let me know if you need rims.
I got rims. But what kind of panhard bar do you have.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Scott Drake Muscle Cars

MELLOWYELLOW06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I ended up going with Vogtland lowering springs. They are perfect IMO. .8 inch front. 1.2 inch in the back. I did a lot of research before getting these, and only read good reviews. Vogtland manufacturers springs for nascar (from what i read).

I also took into consideration that I was putting a 3" exhaust on, going from 2 3/4 stock. If you lower the car more than an inch or 2 you may find that you get rattling from the exhaust.

These fit my situation the best, and handle wonderful! No added noise or adjustments needed. I only put on a pan hard bar because it was only like $150.

2005-2011 Ford Mustang Vogtland Sport Lowering Spring Kits (V6 & GT Select Your Option) - J&M Products
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah. I'm going for lower. I order eibach sportlines which are a decent drop (can't remember the exact drop) and koni shocks and struts, mm camber plates and panhard bar. Suppose to all be here Tuesday. So I'll let y'all know.
Old 07-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

I lowered mine 1.7 in the front and 1.9 in the rear with H&R Super Sport springs , I wanted that ultra low look and I got it , my mustang looks awesome now and I'm very happy with the look. H&R are made in Germany and are high quality springs this gave me a very agressive stance with my 20" bullitt staggered rims and TOYO tire package.
Next I'll be adding Koni fully adjustable racing shocks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My Silver Bullitt Lowered 002 (640x361).jpg
Views:	171
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	116870  
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
Yeah. I'm going for lower. I order eibach sportlines which are a decent drop (can't remember the exact drop) and koni shocks and struts, mm camber plates and panhard bar. Suppose to all be here Tuesday. So I'll let y'all know.
Sounds like a good setup. Very similar to mine. You will love the konis, and the mm plates are a great quality part.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladiatoro View Post
I lowered mine 1.7 in the front and 1.9 in the rear with H&R Super Sport springs , I wanted that ultra low look and I got it , my mustang looks awesome now and I'm very happy with the look. H&R are made in Germany and are high quality springs this gave me a very agressive stance with my 20" bullitt staggered rims and TOYO tire package.
Next I'll be adding Koni fully adjustable racing shocks.
Looks good. Bet the ride is pretty harsh on stock dampeners though. Better get those konis quick haha
Old 07-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sounds like a good setup. Very similar to mine. You will love the konis, and the mm plates are a great quality part.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Looks good. Bet the ride is pretty harsh on stock dampeners though. Better get those konis quick haha
Wellllll.... I went with pretty much everything you and Mikey told me. So if I like it. Thank you. If it sucks. Well.
\~o~/
Old 07-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wellllll.... I went with pretty much everything you and Mikey told me. So if I like it. Thank you. If it sucks. Well.
\~o~/
Hahaha fair enough. Ive never heard a bad thing about the konis, or the mm plates. Unfortunately i dont have any hands on experience with the springs you got. Cant go wrong with eibach tho. What panhard bar did you get?
Old 07-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Hahaha fair enough. Ive never heard a bad thing about the konis, or the mm plates. Unfortunately i dont have any hands on experience with the springs you got. Cant go wrong with eibach tho. What panhard bar did you get?
Whiteline adj. due to sound. Which I have been told theirs none with it.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Whiteline adj. due to sound. Which I have been told theirs none with it.
Thats cool. Yeah I've heard whiteline is quite quit as well. Just wouldn't recommend their UCA until the new designed piece comes out haha.
You doing the install yourself??
Old 07-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thats cool. Yeah I've heard whiteline is quite quit as well. Just wouldn't recommend their UCA until the new designed piece comes out haha.
You doing the install yourself??
Sure as hell gunna try. Me and a friend that has air tools on his work truck.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

And yeah. Uca and lca will probably be next. But don't they have to have the suspension "loaded" for correct install.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

And do I have to have brackets for both??
Old 07-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sure as hell gunna try. Me and a friend that has air tools on his work truck.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

And yeah. Uca and lca will probably be next. But don't they have to have the suspension "loaded" for correct install.
Its cake with air tools, just let us know if you have any questions. Lcas dont need to be under load as long as you get non adjustable. You just need to torque them down under load which is easy to do. As far as the uca goes, yes, in order to set your correct pinion angle the rear needs to be under load. Just place jackstands on the rear axle.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Its cake with air tools, just let us know if you have any questions. Lcas dont need to be under load as long as you get non adjustable. You just need to torque them down under load which is easy to do. As far as the uca goes, yes, in order to set your correct pinion angle the rear needs to be under load. Just place jackstands on the rear axle.
Good to know. Glad to have people like you on this forum. You've helped a lot.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Good to know. Glad to have people like you on this forum. You've helped a lot.
Anytime man. Im no pro, but i have picked up a lot on here myself. Kinda went through the exact same scenario you did with the konis, so i get how overwhelming it can be when it comes to suspension at first. This part will work with this part, but this part wont work with this part yadda yadda yadda. Gets very confusing. Wait until you install it all though, soon you will be schooling somebody about the same thing haha.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Anytime man. Im no pro, but i have picked up a lot on here myself. Kinda went through the exact same scenario you did with the konis, so i get how overwhelming it can be when it comes to suspension at first. This part will work with this part, but this part wont work with this part yadda yadda yadda. Gets very confusing. Wait until you install it all though, soon you will be schooling somebody about the same thing haha.
I hope to one day pass on my knowledge. Haha
Old 07-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Who wants to help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4199003488.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	572.2 KB
ID:	117454  
Old 07-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Who wants to help.
Bring it to VA. Ill help ya. You buy the beer haha

One question though.... How much HP does the dog get ya??
Old 07-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Dynoed at 517hp with dog as my only mod. So yeah. Best bang for your buck.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Dynoed at 517hp with dog as my only mod. So yeah. Best bang for your buck.
Damn. Need to get myself one of those! Lol. When you doing the install?
Old 07-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Damn. Need to get myself one of those! Lol. When you doing the install?
Behind at work so probably working 7 straight this week. But next weekend is my birthday and I took off. So hopefully next weekend
Old 07-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Behind at work so probably working 7 straight this week. But next weekend is my birthday and I took off. So hopefully next weekend
Good deal. Well good luck, let us know if u need any help!
Old 07-10-2013, 07:04 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Who wants to help.
I'll give the dog a bone.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

I'll give the dog a bone.
Lol. Her spoiled @$$ has to many bones as is.
Old 07-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Hey guys. Starting my suspension upgrade around 830 tomorrow morning. I was thinking I'd be able to pull up the install guides on AM. But I was wrong. For everything. So is it pretty self explanatory. Doing shock struts camber plates panhard bar springs. Any help is much appreciated.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT