headers shortys vs long tubes - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-29-2013, 12:24 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Just to let you guys know the gt500 mufflers weigh in at about 22lbs a piece, so if you can take 44lbs off your car and add muffler deletes which probably weigh in at ? maybe 10lbs a piece? maybe 5? anyway taking 30 lbs off your car is always good, does anyone have the slp loudmouths muffler deletes and how many lbs they are?, sound? raspy?
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2013, 12:41 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post
Just to let you guys know the gt500 mufflers weigh in at about 22lbs a piece, so if you can take 44lbs off your car and add muffler deletes which probably weigh in at ? maybe 10lbs a piece? maybe 5? anyway taking 30 lbs off your car is always good, does anyone have the slp loudmouths muffler deletes and how many lbs they are?, sound? raspy?
Yes thats what I have slp deletes guessing prolly 12 to 14 lbs total weight for both a lil bit of drone not that raspy imo sounds good I have a bbk after cat x pipe I want long tubes but im afraid it will be to loud with no cats
jaymoe5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoe5555 View Post
Yes thats what I have slp deletes guessing prolly 12 to 14 lbs total weight for both a lil bit of drone not that raspy imo sounds good I have a bbk after cat x pipe I want long tubes but im afraid it will be to loud with no cats
Yeah see I have longtubes and no cats with the orxp and its easy to get rasp when you delete the cats, but i love the sound of those slp's and i want to lose the 30 lbs, wish there was a way to try before you buy....lol
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post

Yeah see I have longtubes and no cats with the orxp and its easy to get rasp when you delete the cats, but i love the sound of those slp's and i want to lose the 30 lbs, wish there was a way to try before you buy....lol
Where are u located and what axle back are u running now
jaymoe5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #40
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
I'm running borla s types with Kooks LT's and quad hpipe. Sounds amazing.
Do you have cats? Got any sound clips?
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymoe5555 View Post
Where are u located and what axle back are u running now
I have JBA LT"S and ORXP and factory over the axle pipes with gt500's, I like the sound but I want to do a muffler delete but dont want a raspy sound any ideas?

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Im in the Tampa area
Old 09-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Eeeesh got the roush ab's and love them I just wish I would have gone with gt500's now that I'm looking for let's and off road x in the near future..
Mustang50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT