Your opinion is apprieciated. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Your opinion is apprieciated.

Ok, next question... I'm looking to spend about $1500 on mods.

If like to do either:

1. LT's, Catted X-pipe, and exhaust (not sure which)
2. Coilovers and axelbacks

I'm not "looking" for more HP, but I'm not opposed to it.

I want my Mustang to be different right away, then work on bigger mods later.

Thoughts? Comments?
dugemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Cant go wrong with LT's and it will be different
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Agreed ^^^. LT's will give you more power and a beautiful tone. I don't think you can go wrong with that!

Although coil-overs aren't the most common mod on the market, they don't stand out too much externally. Since lots of enthusiasts have lowering springs, they can look very similar as far as stance goes. That being said, I'm all about lowering the ride height of any Mustang!

Good luck with your decision!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

what have you done already to the car ?
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Id go 2 but add an x too
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Sorry to burst your bubble but unless you know somewhere to get crazy good deals, $1500 is not gonna buy you lts, a catted x, and axlebacks. Nor a coilover system and axlebacks.
IMO, go with nice set of axlebacks, and spend the other $900 or so on suspension, including springs, dampeners, cc plates, and panhard bar.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
what have you done already to the car ?
I haven't done anything yet. It's still in pieces in Flat Rock!
Old 06-26-2013, 03:42 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but unless you know somewhere to get crazy good deals, $1500 is not gonna buy you lts, a catted x, and axlebacks. Nor a coilover system and axlebacks.
IMO, go with nice set of axlebacks, and spend the other $900 or so on suspension, including springs, dampeners, cc plates, and panhard bar.
Uh... you're not buying from the right place then!!
Old 06-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

1500.00 will buy a full exhaust, maybe not a Borla exhaust but LT's and orxp and axle backs, my exhaust cost me about 1100.00, jba headers and orxp and gt500 axle backs, andthat inlcudes 50.oo for the resonator removal, and in my opinion doesnt mean much but i personally would keep the over the axle factory pipes, they will not rattle like aftermarket pipes do, aftermarket pipes dont have all the little bends and things like the factory ones do, atleast the magnaflow's didnt....just my two cents, and when you lower it if you do, things get tighter..

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

A full exhaust will make evry performance mod you do, ALOT BETTER...!
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
Old 06-26-2013, 03:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post
1500.00 will buy a full exhaust, maybe not a Borla exhaust but LT's and orxp and axle backs, my exhaust cost me about 1100.00, jba headers and orxp and gt500 axle backs, andthat inlcudes 50.oo for the resonator removal, and in my opinion doesnt mean much but i personally would keep the over the axle factory pipes, they will not rattle like aftermarket pipes do, aftermarket pipes dont have all the little bends and things like the factory ones do, atleast t magnaflow's didnt....just my two cents, and when you lower it if you do, things get tighter..
On off road x yes, not a catted x like he originally said he wanted.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 06-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
catted is only couple hundred more, roughly
Old 06-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post
1500.00 will buy a full exhaust, maybe not a Borla exhaust but LT's and orxp and axle backs, my exhaust cost me about 1100.00, jba headers and orxp and gt500 axle backs, andthat inlcudes 50.oo for the resonator removal, and in my opinion doesnt mean much but i personally would keep the over the axle factory pipes, they will not rattle like aftermarket pipes do, aftermarket pipes dont have all the little bends and things like the factory ones do, atleast the magnaflow's didnt....just my two cents, and when you lower it if you do, things get tighter..
So I can keep the (mid pipes?) stock and add axelbacks?
Old 06-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugemac View Post

Yes.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #14
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post

Uh... you're not buying from the right place then!!
^this lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yes and it really makes it easier to swap axle backs if you dont like the sound of your current mufflers, and like i said they fit much better
Old 06-26-2013, 04:03 PM   #16
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

I know a guy that can get LT's and offroad x for right at $1000

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

It will be close depending on what brands you go with. Keep in mind he said CATTED x. So you figure $5-600 for lts, $4-500 for catted x, and $4-800 for axlebacks. It would be close. Unless you're like Grabber and can get everything at 50% off retail haha.
Not to mention the fact that he will need a tune. Which is another $380 or so.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It will be close depending on what brands you go with. Keep in mind he said CATTED x. So you figure $5-600 for lts, $4-500 for catted x, and $4-800 for axlebacks. It would be close. Unless you're like Grabber and can get everything at 50% off retail haha.
I agree, but if he went the cheaper route he could almost get the tuner too...
Old 06-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #19
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Crap, I meant catted, catted x pipe and LT's for $1000 or so.

Same place I got my LT's for under $850 brand new from vendor btw

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you all for the opinions. I like hearing everything so I can make (hopefully) the best decisions.

I no I mentioned the Catted X, but what is everyone's opinion on a Catted H? I'd prefer a lower growl
Old 06-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

Crap, I meant catted, catted x pipe and LT's for $1000 or so.

Same place I got my LT's for under $850 brand new from vendor btw
Lol ill be hitting you up when im ready to buy some, thats for sure.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thank you all for the opinions. I like hearing everything so I can make (hopefully) the best decisions.

I no I mentioned the Catted X, but what is everyone's opinion on a Catted H? I'd prefer a lower growl
*know
Old 06-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

All about what you like. Like you said, the h-pipe will give you a lower deeper rumble, as opposed to the x which will give you a more loud raspy, nascar sound. Someone correct me if im wrong, but i believe the x pipe will also fetch you a few more hp.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

get the h then, it will be more rumble, ive had both
Old 06-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #25
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

To my knowledge, American racing headers, MBRP, JBA, and kooks make off road h for LT's, BBK and SW do not. I'm sure I'm missing one or two other brands though

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #26
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

All about what you like. Like you said, the h-pipe will give you a lower deeper rumble, as opposed to the x which will give you a more loud raspy, nascar sound. Someone correct me if im wrong, but i believe the x pipe will also fetch you a few more hp.
Those few extra hp are well within a margin of error, so I wouldn't take that into consideration when making a purchase

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

1500$ I would Say Borla S-Types + JBA O/R H With a tune, or a short shifter. then suspension to grip some of that power /:
Old 06-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

I need to stay Catted. I live in CALI, even though I'll be registering it in FL, I may eventually have to register it in CA.
Old 06-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #29
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
I need to stay Catted. I live in CALI, even though I'll be registering it in FL, I may eventually have to register it in CA.
I'm pretty sure that will not save you in Cali. You are not allowed to modify the emissions system in any way in California, which includes moving the cats further downstream

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 05:37 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
that's no fun
Old 06-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Ok... New thread
Old 06-26-2013, 07:36 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
BC coilovers.... You cant go wrong
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT