mgw ~vs~ barton short throw shifter - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #1

Region: Colorado
mgw ~vs~ barton short throw shifter

Which ones better and why?
nculp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
never had the barton but i cant imagine anything coming close to the mgw, end of story...
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
MGW changes lower components as well. Barton only the upper. I have ford racing and love it but its no MGW.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 09:16 PM   #4

I was pretty set on the barton but mgw seems to be all the greatness just needed to get some second opinions, thanks!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Anytime. Find BlackonBlack. He has the MGW and good advice about them.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I have the mgw also and i had a sr performance shfter with the barton bracket and im telling you, the mgw is a 100 times better than anything ive used or seen and you will love shifting again i promise you, just read all the threads that are on here and listen to the guys that are using them, nothing better than first hand experience from people who know cars
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
Old 06-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I love my Barton with the 2 post bracket.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
MGW is hands down the best!!! And if you live near Augusta GA they install it for you for free!!

2012 6 speed GT with a 8psi Hellion Single Turbo Kit tuned by BBR, GFB Geforce II controller, ID1000 injectors, BAP, GT500 Mufflers no cats, MGW shifter, Dual Aeroforce Interceptor gauges and AMR Wheels. BMR upper control arm and bracket, Whiteline panhard brace, BBR LCA's and Panhard Bar. 552/597 at 7.8 psi
6SpeedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:17 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Search "Mgw shifter question" on here and you'll see pictures and testimonies of everyones before and after installs. And just looking at the whole Mgw assembly makes you want to buy one right away, its a work of art, I love mine. I bust through gears at high r.p.m.s every chance I get without hitting that 2nd to 3rd brick wall.
LovinmyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinmyGT View Post
Search "Mgw shifter question" on here and you'll see pictures and testimonies of everyones before and after installs. And just looking at the whole Mgw assembly makes you want to buy one right away, its a work of art, I love mine. I bust through gears at high r.p.m.s every chance I get without hitting that 2nd to 3rd brick wall.
+1000
Old 06-28-2013, 10:58 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
One more day until I get mine installed
GT fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #12

Mgw or barton im going to assume mgw lol
Old 06-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by nculp9 View Post
Mgw, I think he ordered a couple weeks ago, which it took me about 3 weeks for mine to ship so he's getting it quicker than most lol, congrats dude!
LovinmyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I have been trying to figure out since I bought my 2013 if the clunky noise I hear when shifting is due to the shifter or transmission. I've got 900 miles on the car now and the shifting has smoothed out somewhat compared to new. But is isn't really fantastic/smooth. Is the consensus the OEM shifter is the problem or the MT82.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

oem shifter is JUNK, if you could see it in comparison to the mgw you would know why
Old 06-29-2013, 01:44 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by nculp9 View Post
Yeah I got the mgw, I have to drive 2 hrs for them to install, I'm only getting 4 hrs of sleep cause they're doin the install at 10 but I know it will be worth it
GT fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:09 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I have the Barton and I would go with the MGW
Fritzep is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT