2014 GT Suspension Adjustment - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #1

Region: Oklahoma
2014 GT Suspension Adjustment

Hello All, I am new on here but just bought a race red 2014 GT. I have always liked the look of a muscle car with the rear end that sits up higher than the front. Any simple ideas to jack up the rear end of my GT? In the old days they made air shocks. Any suggestions if they are still available? Thanks!!!
Drake2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake2014 View Post
Hello All, I am new on here but just bought a race red 2014 GT. I have always liked the look of a muscle car with the rear end that sits up higher than the front. Any simple ideas to jack up the rear end of my GT? In the old days they made air shocks. Any suggestions if they are still available? Thanks!!!
It sits higer in the back stock.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

If thats not enough. Then just lower the front if thats the look you really want
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Idk of they have coils in the back but coil spacers?
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 04:30 AM   #4
Road Trip!

The back sits lower than the front btw
Mustang_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:35 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Don't know why anyone would want the rear higher than it already sits stock, but if so, do what Rapinator said and drop the front if you want the extreme look.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Put a Turbo or supercharger on it...That will drop the front about 1 to 1.5 inches...then you have the look you want and the power to match it!!!

2012 6 speed GT with a 8psi Hellion Single Turbo Kit tuned by BBR, GFB Geforce II controller, ID1000 injectors, BAP, GT500 Mufflers no cats, MGW shifter, Dual Aeroforce Interceptor gauges and AMR Wheels. BMR upper control arm and bracket, Whiteline panhard brace, BBR LCA's and Panhard Bar. 552/597 at 7.8 psi
6SpeedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:36 AM   #7
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_5.0 View Post
Huh? My wheel gap has always been higher in the rear. That's why most lowering springs lower more in the rear than in the front.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
On the new 5.0s no it dosent
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
It you raise the rear end you are going to losen up the car that means the car is going to be tail happy in the corners, if you are going to drive this car aggressively, I would not do it unless you are an experienced driver, like in carrying a competition license, experience.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Wait a minute you talking about jacking up the rear of your car? You sure your not talking about jacking up the rear of some girl you just met. No one jacks these cars up man no one! Where are you from Mexico?
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #11

Region: Canada
That's is so weird to jack up the rear. This must be a joke.
Scrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Hes going for the classic rake look lots of people do it
Tyoung68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:47 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Huh?????
FastFord13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast12 View Post
Wait a minute you talking about jacking up the rear of your car? You sure your not talking about jacking up the rear of some girl you just met. No one jacks these cars up man no one! Where are you from Mexico?
It's called old school, in the day everyone did it. Many states passed bumper height laws to f with ppl. In the 70s, if you didn't have air shocks with tires sticking out, and a set of glass packs, you were a nerd!
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
It's called old school, in the day everyone did it. Many states passed bumper height laws to f with ppl. In the 70s, if you didn't have air shocks with tires sticking out, and a set of glass packs, you were a nerd!
Hey don't tell me about old school I'm 50 years old, my 1st car was a 72 dodge charger, i took the stock 383 smog motor out replaced is with a 425 horse speed shop built 383 magnum. I put a set of cragar ss wheels on it and air shocks in the back. i never jacked it up high in the back, and my friends had the same stuff they never did either. I sold that car after a while to a used car dealership because i needed money right away to buy my next project a 1970 challenger 383 mugnum. I saw the charger i had about a year later, and it was jacked up high in the back like your talking about, it looked stupid ugly. I went over to tell they guy that was my old car. He didn't speak a lick of english, yep you guessed it, He was a Mexican guy. The car even had the famed fuzzy dice on the mirror. The s197 is not gonna look good jacked up, but if you do it and i see you i will be laughing out loud!
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast12 View Post

Hey don't tell me about old school I'm 50 years old, my 1st car was a 72 dodge charger, i took the stock 383 smog motor out replaced is with a 425 horse speed shop built 383 magnum. I put a set of cragar ss wheels on it and air shocks in the back. i never jacked it up high in the back, and my friends had the same stuff they never did either. I sold that car after a while to a used car dealership because i needed money right away to buy my next project a 1970 challenger 383 mugnum. I saw the charger i had about a year later, and it was jacked up high in the back like your talking about, it looked stupid ugly. I went over to tell they guy that was my old car. He didn't speak a lick of english, yep you guessed it, He was a Mexican guy. The car even had the famed fuzzy dice on the mirror. The s197 is not gonna look good jacked up, but if you do it and i see you i will be laughing out loud!
I'm from Mexico. My first new car was a 70 Nova . I put a set of Kragars SS with Firestone Wide Ovals. If memory serves me right, only the dedicated drag strip cars were higher in the rear. At least around here. Even back then, I wouldn't get caught dead on a car like that. I upgraded the suspension (btw the Watts linkage is installed) and I love driving my GT. Even the looks make it look mean.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I am old enough to remember the 70's and the rake look, but the cars drove like **** and many of them wound up in the woods. I would rather have a car that handled well if I were given that choice.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT