need help deciding wich suspension parts to get - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-01-2013, 02:49 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
need help deciding wich suspension parts to get

Hello everyone so I've been doing some research on improving my handling on my 2014 mustang GT I'm would like to lower the front about an 1 to 1.5 inches in the front and 2 or 2.3 inches the rear. I have been looking at the
Eibach Multi-Pro R2 Coil Over Kit and the
KW Suspension V3 Coilover Kit I have also read that steeda and koni are good choices as well but I haven't done too much reading on those beside guy liking them on the mustangs.

I'm also looking into getting whiteline adjustable front strut tower brace, complete watt link rear suspension,rear upper control arms,rear lower control arms,adjustable anti dive kit,ball joints & bumpsteer kit, and a panhard bar.

On the tires I'll probably go with Nitto Invo or Nitto 555 but I have been looking at some sumitomos as well open to other choices.

I'm pretty sure I'm going a tad bit overkill with the suspensions parts sorry if I'm probably going at this the wrong way need advice
scarlett10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 03:00 AM   #2
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

I went with the BC type BR Coilovers. What sold me on them over the eibach was that the BC coilovers came with upper camber adjustments and a pillow ball mount. It's a very quiet suspension, it's very firm. The watts link would be pretty sweet! Kinda pricy but it replaces your current pan hard setup so you won't be needing to buy a pan hard bar. I went with BMR for all my control arms. Check out my thread...
http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru....php?p=1662065
Let me know if you have any questions.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlett10 View Post
Hello everyone so I've been doing some research on improving my handling on my 2014 mustang GT I'm would like to lower the front about an 1 to 1.5 inches in the front and 2 or 2.3 inches the rear. I have been looking at the
Eibach Multi-Pro R2 Coil Over Kit and the KW Suspension V3 Coilover Kit I have also read that steeda and koni are good choices as well but I haven't done too much reading on those beside guy liking them on the mustangs.

I'm also looking into getting whiteline adjustable front strut tower brace, complete watt link rear suspension,rear upper control arms,rear lower control arms,adjustable anti dive kit,ball joints & bumpsteer kit, and a panhard bar.

On the tires I'll probably go with Nitto Invo or Nitto 555 but I have been looking at some sumitomos as well open to other choices.

I'm pretty sure I'm going a tad bit overkill with the suspensions parts sorry if I'm probably going at this the wrong way need advice
Very nice car. And are y'all hiring wherever your working. Lmao. Sounds like you have an awesome expensive list. I feel rich when I have enough money to fill mine up with gas. Lol. Good luck with the suspension. Sounds like you have done your research and know a pretty good bit. Love to see it when it's finished.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 05:18 AM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I don't know enough about coil overs to tell you one is better than the other, and with all of the other mods you're researching it seems that you want to get the most out of your car possible. I am personally running Koni strt dampers with the Steeda sport springs. The konis eliminate about 70% of the body roll, brake dive, and squat out of the car and quite frankly I believe this is what the mustang should have been from the factory.

As far as watts link, primer was on point about not needing the PHB with it. They seem to be pretty awesome from what I hear, it prevents side to side movement of the LRA.

Control arms? I personally am running BMR/UPR parts for my control arms. WHiteline makes good stuff but they currently are having a recall on the upper control arms due to lack of structural rigidity. Another thing I would look into would be a torque arm. The watts link prevents side to side movement while the torque arm prevents front and back movement of the axle and also prevent rotation of the axle. Again, no personal experience but it was described as the "supercharger" of suspension when I asked about it.

Tires? Nittos are for a budget build. They aren't bad but if you want to push the limits (your parts list would suggest so lol) then go with michelin tires for street tires. Long life and amazing handling. Either the ps2 or the pilot super sport IMO.

Hope this helps, good luck

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I don't know enough about coil overs to tell you one is better than the other, and with all of the other mods you're researching it seems that you want to get the most out of your car possible. I am personally running Koni strt dampers with the Steeda sport springs. The konis eliminate about 70% of the body roll, brake dive, and squat out of the car and quite frankly I believe this is what the mustang should have been from the factory.

As far as watts link, primer was on point about not needing the PHB with it. They seem to be pretty awesome from what I hear, it prevents side to side movement of the LRA.

Control arms? I personally am running BMR/UPR parts for my control arms. WHiteline makes good stuff but they currently are having a recall on the upper control arms due to lack of structural rigidity. Another thing I would look into would be a torque arm. The watts link prevents side to side movement while the torque arm prevents front and back movement of the axle and also prevent rotation of the axle. Again, no personal experience but it was described as the "supercharger" of suspension when I asked about it.

Tires? Nittos are for a budget build. They aren't bad but if you want to push the limits (your parts list would suggest so lol) then go with michelin tires for street tires. Long life and amazing handling. Either the ps2 or the pilot super sport IMO.

Hope this helps, good luck
Yeah the watt links I'm hearing is a big improvement for handling I was reading some comments from a couple of guys that got them and their very happy with them but I think I might look at steeda and fay to do a comparison.

I didn't know that thanks for the heads up yeah I read from the 5.0 magazine that whiteline is good stuff but I think I'm going to look at BMR now thanks for the advice. Yeah I haven't looked into the torque arms yet but I did look at the panhard bar a lot of the guys says its a day and night difference when you get those two installed its going to be great to not get any wheel hop.

Yeah the tires I haven't looked to in depth I've had one of my buddies recommend the nittos but I look into those tires for sure.

Thank you for the advice now I have more looking and reading to do
Old 07-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post

Very nice car. And are y'all hiring wherever your working. Lmao. Sounds like you have an awesome expensive list. I feel rich when I have enough money to fill mine up with gas. Lol. Good luck with the suspension. Sounds like you have done your research and know a pretty good bit. Love to see it when it's finished.
Thank you ill be posting parts and the installation when I get them in and yeah dude the refineries inspection jobs are the way the go so it helps a lot with the hobbies when we have a lot of free time lol and I gotcha I remember when i felt rich by having 30 bucks to fill up my old civic I had lol
Old 07-01-2013, 07:09 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
I went with the BC type BR Coilovers. What sold me on them over the eibach was that the BC coilovers came with upper camber adjustments and a pillow ball mount. It's a very quiet suspension, it's very firm. The watts link would be pretty sweet! Kinda pricy but it replaces your current pan hard setup so you won't be needing to buy a pan hard bar. I went with BMR for all my control arms. Check out my thread...
http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru....php?p=1662065
Let me know if you have any questions.
Sweet thank you so much ill read up on it for sure cause I know one guy with the kw suspension was hearing noise from the cabin but not sure if other people are getting the same thing but I for sure will look into BC. Yeah I've been reading about the watt links and it's a great improvement for the handling so it's a must on my list and ill check into BMR for control arms especially with the recalls on the whitelines control arms.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #8
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Excellent! The watts link would be a good upgrade I wanted to do this mod as well but the 3 main ones like Steeda, Fays2 and Whiteline are very different from each other as well as in price. I'm gonna have to do my research before I jump into one.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I guess the first question I would ask is what are your goals and plans with the car? From the looks I would say either having a beefed up street car or road course.
As far as coilovers, take a look at ground control. I'm running a custom valved kit from them with 440lbs spring rate front and 200lbs rear, to add to this I'm running the Whiteline wattslink, METCO UCA and LCA. If you plan on beefing up your suspension you might as well add a few things to your brakes like Dot 6 600 series fluid, stainless lines and pads. If you plan on tracking your car invest in some brake ducts. Your brakes and suspension work in sync with one another. Having a great suspension but sloppy brakes will get you nowhere and typically will aggravate you.

KW coilovers are pretty nice, harsh, but nice. Plus their customer service is stellar. Personally I would stay away from Eibach strut and shock bodies, I've never seen positive reviews from people who don't have the capability to revalve their own coilovers.

I guess the next step is trying to figure out your budget. I've ran and tested many different setups, many of which tend to be different than the norm.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
I guess the first question I would ask is what are your goals and plans with the car? From the looks I would say either having a beefed up street car or road course.
As far as coilovers, take a look at ground control. I'm running a custom valved kit from them with 440lbs spring rate front and 200lbs rear, to add to this I'm running the Whiteline wattslink, METCO UCA and LCA. If you plan on beefing up your suspension you might as well add a few things to your brakes like Dot 6 600 series fluid, stainless lines and pads. If you plan on tracking your car invest in some brake ducts. Your brakes and suspension work in sync with one another. Having a great suspension but sloppy brakes will get you nowhere and typically will aggravate you.

KW coilovers are pretty nice, harsh, but nice. Plus their customer service is stellar. Personally I would stay away from Eibach strut and shock bodies, I've never seen positive reviews from people who don't have the capability to revalve their own coilovers.

I guess the next step is trying to figure out your budget. I've ran and tested many different setups, many of which tend to be different than the norm.
Yeah I've been looking at upgrading my brakes as well forgot to mention it in the post. I'm been looking at the brembo,baer and will wood conversions kits since after the suspension work I want to increase hp and torque I will be needing something stronger than what I have now. As for brake pad I've been looking at akebono performance ceramic and hawk performance ferro-carbon plates as well.

Thank for the heads up on eibach and yeah I've heard a lot of good thing on kw suspension from other guys on the v3 and yeah it's a little harsh but i like that you can adjust it in many different ways.

I sent you a message earlier with what my goal for my car is tell me what you think.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:39 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I have set of shelby baer extreme 6s new black with red lettering 2450 shipped
koni STR.T RTR wheels NT555/ Shelby Baer 6P
DSS Aluminum 3.5/3.73 gears
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cm4Di-zmZA
Schram1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
You should send Fair a message. He's done a lot of testing with different suspension setups and can guide you in the right direction. I haven't heard much good about the Eibach coilovers ...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT