Whiteline relo's - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Whiteline relo's

Has anyone heard about any issues with whiteline relocation brackets? I've read about the issues with the bmr piece making the axle off center...something about the passenger side having more built in play which causes the unit to shift and shift the axle to one side.

Has anyone heard of any issues like that with the whiteline relo's? I'm sure bmr has fixed this issue, but I don't want to take the chance because I'm sure some vendors still have the old units. Let me know what you guys think.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

haven't had any problems with mine at all. but since other those or the O/R H which I doubt it is that, I have lower clearance and bottom out easier but no other issues

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by acornsmoke View Post
haven't had any problems with mine at all. but since other those or the O/R H which I doubt it is that, I have lower clearance and bottom out easier but no other issues
and by bottom out I mean one of the two hitting the bottom
acornsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I haven't had nor heard any issues with WL relos whatsoever. I love them! The clearance thing is evident, but I'm more conscious of it now (after a couple obvious screeeeetches lol).

If you're contemplating on getting them, go for it! Personally I noticed a major change in the control of the back end on...ehem, exuberant launches. Say, my first ride after throwing them on: I punched it hard in a turn, kicked the back end out a little, but it was extremely controllable. Mind you, I also have WL's panhard bar and bracket. I'm fairly certain that makes a difference.

Besides, if there HAVE been issues with the brackets messing with the axle, then that gives you a reason to grab an adjustable panhard AND relos!
Please dear God, protect my sweet ride.

2013 California Specil GT "Tater"
jdemK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 10:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
No issues at all with mine, they see all of my 622 hp every day...
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Good to know. I'm leaning towards whiteline relocation brackets and their adj lca's as well.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Has anyone heard about any issues with whiteline relocation brackets? I've read about the issues with the bmr piece making the axle off center...something about the passenger side having more built in play which causes the unit to shift and shift the axle to one side.

Has anyone heard of any issues like that with the whiteline relo's? I'm sure bmr has fixed this issue, but I don't want to take the chance because I'm sure some vendors still have the old units. Let me know what you guys think.
Hey man I am or haven't done a search but it's been a long time since I have been on the board much.

So, whats this about BMR relocation brackets? They have a recall? Any heads up will be appreciated. I can call Kelly at BMR tomorrow if they have a known problem.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
The shifting you're referring to is really not brand specific IMO. Most of the brackets are basically the same design, and the only way to prevent the shifting would be to have them welded in. I have the BMR relo brackets and love them. And have had no problems what so ever.

I would suggest not getting adjustable lcas as well. Unless you're able to install them on a lift its going to be hard to adjust them correctly , since they need to be under load when installing. Plus you are opening yourself to more issues in the future. I originally was planning on going with an adjustable set as well, but some very knowledgeable people on here talked me out of it, and im glad they did.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
^ agreed! If you are not big into racing or if your car is a DD or w/e driver I would stay away from Solid-Ends. I had a nice set of BMR TCA-020 that they even use on there track car but I made a deal later and never even put them on.I am Happy with all the susp. parts I currently run. I ordered the MGW today so looking forward to that. I am currently trying to decide which Adjustable UCA is the best bang for the buck. I have always been partial to BMR so I may go that way but I know with Bracket too, that it's gonna climb up there. I am lucky if a make 1 to 3 passes a year.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:04 AM   #9
Road Trip!

An adj lca will fix the relo issue if one side is off. That's the only reason I would get adj lca's
Old 07-02-2013, 06:32 AM   #10
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post

Hey man I am or haven't done a search but it's been a long time since I have been on the board much.

So, whats this about BMR relocation brackets? They have a recall? Any heads up will be appreciated. I can call Kelly at BMR tomorrow if they have a known problem.
I guess one side has more play in the holes and it can shift and cause the axle to be not straight. If it were welded it would be fine. I think bmr redesigned the one side with play, but I wouldn't trust bolting them in with bmr. From what I have seen and heard, the whiteline relo's don't have this problem. An adjustable lca would easily fix this issue if it were to arise.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I run BMR and love their products also and I have zero issues with the relo brackets, theyve been on for 8 months, and it helps that I live 20 minutes from their shop so I get a cash discount when I drive over and buy stuff..
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:28 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
An adj lca will fix the relo issue if one side is off. That's the only reason I would get adj lca's
My original thinking as well. But again do you have a lift to install them? An adjustable lca needs to be measured and installed while under load on a completely level surface. If you're that worried about the brackets moving you're better off getting a fixed set on lcas and having the brackets welded in. Then theres absolutely 0 room for play.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 07-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

My original thinking as well. But again do you have a lift to install them? An adjustable lca needs to be measured and installed while under load on a completely level surface. If you're that worried about the brackets moving you're better off getting a fixed set on lcas and having the brackets welded in. Then theres absolutely 0 room for play.
Yeah. That's true. I'm not comfortable with using lca's to fix rear axle positioning unless its a very small amount like 1/8 on an inch. So I think I'll just bolt them in and have them welded if I run into issues.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah. That's true. I'm not comfortable with using lca's to fix rear axle positioning unless its a very small amount like 1/8 on an inch. So I think I'll just bolt them in and have them welded if I run into issues.
Smart move. Especially for a daily driver. Thats what my plan is as well. Ive had no problems so far.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT