Mustang Evolution Forum banner

FURIOUS at Dealer!!

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  2012Vader5.0 
#1 ·
WOWWWWWWWWWWW is all I have to say.

Has anyone ever heard anything like this?

So every 3000 miles iv done my own oil changes and rotated my tires. Overkill maybe? Sure? So I take my car in for some warranty transmission work and a squeak in the left rear. Iv never had rear end problems (.....HAHA.....) sorry that was comical. So they warranty the transmission and tell me that I have a left rear bent axle. This is NOT covered by a warranty....oh. When I dropped off the car it rode just fine minus the squeak. They said that I have damage to the inside of my left rear rim causing the axle to bend...........wait what???? I just recently had those rims up for sale as no damage to them yata yata so im kinda dumfounded. Even if the inside of the rim had a small amount of damage is that enough to have bent the axle? I have been trying to contact the dealership for 3 days with 0 call backs......something isn't adding up here am I correct? Im going to drive on over tomorrow and see if my car is in one piece still. Moral of the story has anyone ever heard of a nicked rim bending an axle??

Thanks everyone. :(

#2 ·
WOWWWWWWWWWWW is all I have to say.

Has anyone ever heard anything like this?

So every 3000 miles iv done my own oil changes and rotated my tires. Overkill maybe? Sure? So I take my car in for some warranty transmission work and a squeak in the left rear. Iv never had rear end problems (.....HAHA.....) sorry that was comical. So they warranty the transmission and tell me that I have a left rear bent axle. This is NOT covered by a warranty....oh. When I dropped off the car it rode just fine minus the squeak. They said that I have damage to the inside of my left rear rim causing the axle to bend...........wait what???? I just recently had those rims up for sale as no damage to them yata yata so im kinda dumfounded. Even if the inside of the rim had a small amount of damage is that enough to have bent the axle? I have been trying to contact the dealership for 3 days with 0 call backs......something isn't adding up here am I correct? Im going to drive on over tomorrow and see if my car is in one piece still. Moral of the story has anyone ever heard of a nicked rim bending an axle??

Thanks everyone. :(
Visually verify their claim by inspecting it with the tech. Let him show you where damage exists, then try to remember back and figure out how it happened. May be nothing more than a bent wheel.

#3 ·
Get in the shop and ask to see the damage. How does the damage occur on the inside of the rim? Did you balance the tires before putting them on? It would have been obvious with the excess weights on it or it wouldn't zero out on the balancer. Plus it would be easy to see the tire machine shake like hell with a bent rim. Did u have excessive vibration at high speeds?

#9 ·
I bought a 2010 track pack gt brand new and it had a bent left rear axle. The dealership accused me of driving it off a ramp because they couldn't believe it came like that. They wouldn't repair it and made me take it back to the dealer who sold it to me, who ultimately did replace the axle. Small world

#10 ·
This may not help you on this problem but when you have part failures this is what i do. 1st i get on the internet to the federal sites the DOT and other consumer sites that record consumer complaints and see if there are other reported problems like mine if so. I argue that its a design problem.
Example, I had a ford product with a plastic intake, after 50,000.00 miles it cracked, they wanted me to pay for a new one. I said this is not a wear item this is a design defect. Found that many others also had this problem.
so the next important step, is that if the dealer will not step up and do the right thing ask to speak to the Ford Regional service rep. this is the guy who has the authority to authorize warranty repairs. he is the decision maker. state your case to him.
You will get further than with a dealer.

#11 ·
I have had that problem, only difference is I know for a fact I hit the curb enough force to bend the axle shaft. They may be metal, hit them just right the axle shaft will bend and driving it like that will only make it worse. Be glad your Differential is still good along with your gears.

#12 ·
iv had the car 15,000 miles and driven every single one of them except for the first 5-6. I NEVER have hit a curb with this car which is why I am so perplexed. like I said in the beginning I rotate the heck outta these tires and rebalance them so the marks on the inside of the rim may have been on a different spot before I took the car being I changed the oil before I went. They're sending out a ford field rep to look at it. Its weird because I googled it and noticed im not the only one with this issue.

#13 ·
I would get as many of those other examples as you can. Bending an axel in normal road driving sounds like a design defect to me. It could be limited to one batch of axels. I road race with guys who drive the FR 500, run over curbs and go off track, never seen a bent axel.

#14 ·
Don't mean to make ya paranoid, but make sure they aren't swapping out your axle. You buy a new one or they "do you a favor for being a good customer" and cover it this "one time"under warranty and make you feel better about the whole thing. Then your old bent axle is sold out back as slightly used with what ever good gears you have.

I think if you bent your axle you would know when you did it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.