28" W/ 3.15 gears - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
So now that i have these 275/60/15 mt street radials on 15x10 rim, should i try to get 275/50/15 instead? Or what would be the smartest option?
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Just run what you have and go from there.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
My advice is to stop spending money until you internalize some of the advice you've received here and chart a proper course ahead. Now you're talking about another set of tires and spending 6000 bucks + on a blower kit without any sense of the implications of either decision, as far as I can tell.

If you insist on going for another set of tires, go with a real drag slick this time. That will maximize your traction, repeatability and support future changes of plan, even FI.

I see guys like you at the track all the time. Mortgaged the kids' college fund into pretty but not so well thought out modifications, rather than maximizing what they have and working from there.

Understand me, if I hadn't done exactly the same thing repeatedly, I wouldn't be so hard on you for making the same mistakes.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2013, 03:33 PM   #39
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
You eat a lot of popcorn.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #40
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5LHO View Post

I see guys like you at the track all the time. Mortgaged the kids' college fund into pretty but not so well thought out modifications, rather than maximizing what they have and working from there.
You mortgaged your kids college fund to mod your mustang?
Old 07-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Nope...I'm smarter than that...no kids.

Left me plenty for my own Masters' plus a little fun with the 5.0. I'm about doing it well, for as little $$$ as possible. So far, so good. I'm into this car for about $1000 bucks in perf mods and I'm knocking right on the door of 11s. Pretty happy to keep chasing that 11 with what little I have on the car, as it'll come on the right day.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My advice is to stop spending money until you internalize some of the advice you've received here and chart a proper course ahead. Now you're talking about another set of tires and spending 6000 bucks + on a blower kit without any sense of the implications of either decision, as far as I can tell.

If you insist on going for another set of tires, go with a real drag slick this time. That will maximize your traction, repeatability and support future changes of plan, even FI.

Understand me, if I hadn't done exactly the same thing repeatedly, I wouldn't be so hard on you for making the same mistakes.
Well im 21, not married, not planning for kids just yet, but i will agree that at first i was like a crazy hungry man trying to do everything on this car. Fi is what i would like to do in the near future, but in this world and life, decision can change so idc about that right now. What i will do is call bama for a tune for this set of new wheels, ill run the car and well see what happens and ill get back on you guys on that, Grabber blue did show me that their is more to these 3.15s, thanks, i need to do more research and starting writing down everything.
I want this car to last, and for now its my luxury/weekend nicest thing i got, so converters are not an option yet, but getting my car to run better after the mods i put, is the goal.

The fact that i ran 8.4 stock on all season tires was great, but running 8.5 after xpipe, lca, and bama tune really pissed me off.
I want to be proud again of my stang so running a better et na without a converter is the goal!
Old 07-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #43
Road Trip!

Quote:
Nope...I'm smarter than that...no kids.

Left me plenty for my own Masters' plus a little fun with the 5.0. I'm about doing it well, for as little $$$ as possible. So far, so good. I'm into this car for about $1000 bucks in perf mods and I'm knocking right on the door of 11s. Pretty happy to keep chasing that 11 with what little I have on the car, as it'll come on the right day.
Hmm...so you got some slicks, lca's, 55d springs and called it a day?
Old 07-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #44
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post

Well im 21, not married, not planning for kids just yet, but i will agree that at first i was like a crazy hungry man trying to do everything on this car. Fi is what i would like to do in the near future, but in this world and life, decision can change so idc about that right now. What i will do is call bama for a tune for this set of new wheels, ill run the car and well see what happens and ill get back on you guys on that, Grabber blue did show me that their is more to these 3.15s, thanks, i need to do more research and starting writing down everything.
I want this car to last, and for now its my luxury/weekend nicest thing i got, so converters are not an option yet, but getting my car to run better after the mods i put, is the goal.

The fact that i ran 8.4 stock on all season tires was great, but running 8.5 after xpipe, lca, and bama tune really pissed me off.
I want to be proud again of my stang so running a better et na without a converter is the goal!
Honestly man, you know all of the information. I would take what people say with a grain of salt and do what you really want to do. I agree with everything you've done to your car so far. I just think that if you want those 20's, you need to get a gear ratio that can get them going.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

Honestly man, you know all of the information. I would take what people say with a grain of salt and do what you really want to do. I agree with everything you've done to your car so far. I just think that if you want those 20's, you need to get a gear ratio that can get them going.
I agree aswell
Old 07-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Now this question is to learn.
With low gears like mine, searching for the best tire/gear combo is looking for which criteria?

Low gears like 3.15 need a rev of atleast 740?

3.73 would 720?

Im just throwing example, but i would like to learn this
Old 07-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hmm...so you got some slicks, lca's, 55d springs and called it a day?
...and the roush upper I got first. Honestly, probably could have done w/o the 100 bucks for the LCAs, the main gain was already done up top.

The 55ds were for looks and didn't help any at the track.

But yeah, that was the plan. Keep it cheap; It was mostly about tires and traction.

I have the mild Procal tune, too and at 12.0/114 I think I am close to maxing this setup out at the full load race weight and mph I'm making. I'm hoping for a good day to shave a tenth off and stick it in the 11s.

These cars have a lot to offer and what I see at the track and here is that people don't really know what to focus on to make the most of what they have.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:45 PM   #48
Road Trip!

Quote:

...and the roush upper I got first. Honestly, probably could have done w/o the 100 bucks for the LCAs, the main gain was already done up top.

But yeah, that was the plan. Keep it cheap; It was mostly about tires and traction.

I have the mild Procal tune, too and at 12.0/114 I think I am close to maxing this setup out at the full load race weight and mph I'm making. I'm hoping for a good day to shave a tenth off and stick it in the 11s.

These cars have a lot to offer and what I see at the track and here is that people don't really know what to focus on to make the most of what they have.
I get that...but at least for me, some of the fun is the trial and error. That's how you really start to learn and understand how everything works. And down here in Miami, it's a necessity to have a pretty car : ) you can't skimp on the appearance mods lol.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I get that...but at least for me, some of the fun is the trial and error. That's how you really start to learn and understand how everything works. And down here in Miami, it's a necessity to have a pretty car : ) you can't skimp on the appearance mods lol.
I love the fact that no one has my front thats why i forget my last rough track day, i get atleast 2 compliments a day, kind of miss it since im dd it any more, girls have stop breaking neck, so much for thinking i was cute hahahaha!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130707_234723.png
Views:	83
Size:	1,017.3 KB
ID:	117199
Old 07-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #50
Road Trip!

Quote:

With the roush pieces using stock rubber bushings, did you really see that much of an increase in handling? I considered the roush upper because I heard nvh was low. Is it adjustable?
Old 07-08-2013, 05:04 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Who do you have your car tuned with?
Old 07-08-2013, 05:08 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Who do you have your car tuned with?
VMP and me. I've been doing some of my own tuning lately but it's never as good as my VMP tune. So I switch back and forth as I learn.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:44 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
VMP and me. I've been doing some of my own tuning lately but it's never as good as my VMP tune. So I switch back and forth as I learn.
Did you see that guy casper and his black 5.0, he had great times
Old 07-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did you see that guy casper and his black 5.0, he had great times
He didn't have great times, the shop he dropped off his car did. He wasn't even driving it. A few things about his car. Lots of weight reduction. It was done on a closed track with excellent track prep. And in -1500 DA. That's some incredible DA. With normal DA they've been unable to get his car out of the 11's now.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
With the roush pieces using stock rubber bushings, did you really see that much of an increase in handling? I considered the roush upper because I heard nvh was low. Is it adjustable?
They aren't "stock rubber bushings". The piece is a complete redesign of the factory part. See them side by side and you'll understand. NVH increases are nonexistent, the arm is NOT adjustable but is set up for a a slightly lowered car.
Handling wasn't the issue, the Brembo wheel hop was and it reigned in that very nicely. Only the slightest tickle of it remains on wet/cold days.

Before changing that, I could 0-60 the car in the magazine time of low 4 seconds...about 2 times in 10. After that, I could get it right about 8 times out of 10. That's a perfect fit with the philosophy earlier stated: Make the most of what you have.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #56
Road Trip!

Quote:

They aren't "stock rubber bushings". The piece is a complete redesign of the factory part. See them side by side and you'll understand. NVH increases are nonexistent, the arm is NOT adjustable but is set up for a a slightly lowered car.
Handling wasn't the issue, the Brembo wheel hop was and it reigned in that very nicely. Only the slightest tickle of it remains on wet/cold days.

Before changing that, I could 0-60 the car in the magazine time of low 4 seconds...about 2 times in 10. After that, I could get it right about 8 times out of 10. That's a perfect fit with the philosophy earlier stated: Make the most of what you have.
So are they poly bushings?
Old 07-08-2013, 09:53 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

They are elastomer rubber but much smaller than stock with heavier sleeve and no voids in them to soften them up.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #58
Road Trip!

Quote:
They are elastomer rubber but much smaller than stock with heavier sleeve and no voids in them to soften them up.
I see. Hmm...I might have to look into that piece more. Do you think that piece will correct a pinion angle with a 1.5 drop?
Old 07-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

It should be within reason. Roush cars are set up with about a 1+" drop at the rear from the factory anyway and this piece is engineered for a lowered car. Every car is slightly different in this regard of course.

On 55D springs on my car, pinion angle measures about -1.5, for what that data point's worth, especially since I didn't do any before and after measuring. Regardless, the much stiffer bushing much more strongly resists the wrap up effect anyway so one doesn't need as much negative pinion angle.

Keep in mind also, this link articulates both up and down, side to side and rotationally around the yaw axis. This is murder on a poly bushing and can lead to weird handling effects or breakdown of the bush itself. Poly likes to stay in one plane, if possible and, over time, they need to be monitored carefully for lubrication and damage. This part is in and forget it; it passes Ford's stringent oem durability testing, same as the stock part, because it is a stock part.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

I am writing this to those who are frustrated with their cars, i got a solution. Bama are great ppl but honestly when it comes to Automatic 2013 5.0s, blowbyracing are the best! They tune your tranny which is the most important thing. I ran 11.979 @ West Palm Beach Raceway Florida on November 27, 2013 with 65* weather and i continue to range from 12.0 to 11.9 with different launches. Mods to do this? Jlt Intake, JBA Off-road X Pipe, 275/60/15 Street Radials and BBR EMAIL TUNE. No im not sponsored by them, i just finally found the best Auto Tuners that wont charge you $300 for some 10 min work. I hope BBR gets to help you like they help me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20131128_095905.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	139480  
Old 12-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
I am writing this to those who are frustrated with their cars, i got a solution. Bama are great ppl but honestly when it comes to Automatic 2013 5.0s, blowbyracing are the best! They tune your tranny which is the most important thing. I ran 11.979 @ West Palm Beach Raceway Florida on November 27, 2013 with 65* weather and i continue to range from 12.0 to 11.9 with different launches. Mods to do this? Jlt Intake, JBA Off-road X Pipe, 275/60/15 Street Radials and BBR EMAIL TUNE. No im not sponsored by them, i just finally found the best Auto Tuners that wont charge you $300 for some 10 min work. I hope BBR gets to help you like they help me.
BBR is not the best good luck with that. Revolution automotive is who you need to go with. BBR has been called out plenty of times on svt for not knowing there ****
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
How are you only cutting 1.837 60ft times on 15" radials? I'm cutting 1.90's on 19" street tires with a manual trans.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post

How are you only cutting 1.837 60ft times on 15" radials? I'm cutting 1.90's on 19" street tires with a manual trans.
28" tire is killing my 60 foot, I need gears or converter
Old 12-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

BBR is not the best good luck with that. Revolution automotive is who you need to go with. BBR has been called out plenty of times on svt for not knowing there ****
I used them on my 4.6, BBR couldn't tune a piano.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Well I came back to the forum just to share my experience and that I'm finally content, to each his own, take care guys
Old 12-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Well I came back to the forum just to share my experience and that I'm finally content, to each his own, take care guys
Hey man if it works for you then have at it! Nice times! I've yet to turn over a sub 12 second run in my 5.0 but I haven't tried either. So you're doing better than me!
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

Hey man if it works for you then have at it! Nice times! I've yet to turn over a sub 12 second run in my 5.0 but I haven't tried either. So you're doing better than me!
Thanks!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT