Mustang Evolution Forum banner

CARB legal shorties

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  GrabberBlue5.0 
#1 ·
Forum geniuses,

What are your thoughts on JBA Ceramic Cat4ward Shorty Headers (11-14 GT)

CARB Certified. Best of all these JBA Mustang Headers are 50-state smog legal under Carb EO# D-57-27?

#3 ·
A lot of money for a little horsepower.

#4 ·
I guess I should have been more clear. Do you think that this product would be as good as a non-CARB shorty? I live in CA, but the car will be registered in FL. I may eventually have to switch registration to CA, so if they do as well as regular shorties, they would be worth the price for me.

I'm really looking for a lower growl from my 'stang.

#6 ·
I guess I should have been more clear. Do you think that this product would be as good as a non-CARB shorty? I live in CA, but the car will be registered in FL. I may eventually have to switch registration to CA, so if they do as well as regular shorties, they would be worth the price for me.

I'm really looking for a lower growl from my 'stang.
I don't know that JBA makes CARB legal AND non CARB legal. I think the only thing that makes them CARB legal is that they do not move the catalytic converters down stream at all.

But as mentioned above, shorties are a waste of time for the most part. The stock manifold is extremely efficient, only real gain in exhaust are from removing the cats and installing long tube headers.

Kooks makes some new shorties that are supposedly good for 10-15 hp... I'm very hard pressed to believe that but I cannot say for sure.

#5 ·
If you're looking for a "lower growl," I would try changing the mufflers before switching to shorty's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.