Full Exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-04-2013, 01:11 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Full Exhaust

I have just ordered the Borla off road X pipe and soon Borla long tube headers and then a Diablo sport tuner. Was wondering will I be able to use the stock o2 sensors still or will I have to get longer aftermarket ones. Also will it be alright to run without a tune for awhile as I'm saving up for that or am I better off waiting til I get the tuner to install it all.
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx View Post
I have just ordered the Borla off road X pipe and soon Borla long tube headers and then a Diablo sport tuner. Was wondering will I be able to use the stock o2 sensors still or will I have to get longer aftermarket ones. Also will it be alright to run without a tune for awhile as I'm saving up for that or am I better off waiting til I get the tuner to install it all.
you will be fine without a tune for a offroad x pipe. you will just throw a code thats all. with the longtubes they will come with extensions for your o2's.
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:26 AM   #3
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Yeah, you won't hurt anything. But a tune should be the next thing on your list.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

When I look up the headers doesn't say anything about coming with longer o2 sensors etc. Wasn't worrying the exhaust hurting anything a friend was saying that they might sound and feel sluggish without a tune. Will I lose compression with the headers? Someone was telling me not to get headers because of compression loss etc and you won't gain much with a full exhaust system and what not
Old 07-04-2013, 06:11 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
You won't need any extensions as your stock harness will reach. Do not use any extensions. I would NOT run the off road x-pipe without a tune as the cat protection will just dump fuel to protect the cats that are no longer present.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:28 AM   #6
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Don't see why you would get an offroad x pipe and no tune. Kinda defeats the purpose. You'll be dumping lots of fuel and will have no power gains, which is the only benefit of taking off the cats, and dollar per hp probably one of the best mods.

As far as o2 extensions, don't mess with them, period. Too many issues with them. You o2 sensors can be disconnected from the trans housing to make them longer. It takes 2 minutes to find it, reach it, and remove it.

With LT's there is a bit less back pressure, and on a boosted car you will actually be running less boost, but still making the same power, if not more. As far as a drop in compression? You were misguided my friend. I have LT's and I can assure my car did not lose any power when I installed them

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

If you read I said I would be getting a tuner after the long tubes because I don't have the money for it yet. Then I asked if I should wait to install it after I get s tuner.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:14 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
If you read I said I would be getting a tuner after the long tubes because I don't have the money for it yet. Then I asked if I should wait to install it after I get s tuner.
Wait until you get the tuner.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #9
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Chill out, no need to act that way. I read your entire post, and it's silly to get an offroad x pipe without getting a tune. Maybe you should save your money to buy it all at once. It'll cost more to get an offroad x pipe and go back and buy LT's separately than it would cost you to buy it all together.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
When I look up the headers doesn't say anything about coming with longer o2 sensors etc. Wasn't worrying the exhaust hurting anything a friend was saying that they might sound and feel sluggish without a tune. Will I lose compression with the headers? Someone was telling me not to get headers because of compression loss etc and you won't gain much with a full exhaust system and what not
You can't lose compression with headers as you aren't modifying the pistons or heads. Like others have said the only thing that may change is back pressure. X
NuckChorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I already have the Borla s type catback I can't find many places that have the Borla X pipe besides carid that I can get shipped to Canada got a good deal through carid. Probably should have waited til I had enough to order both at same time

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust