Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Full Exhaust

Tags
exhaust
981 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Bladezx 
#1 ·
I have just ordered the Borla off road X pipe and soon Borla long tube headers and then a Diablo sport tuner. Was wondering will I be able to use the stock o2 sensors still or will I have to get longer aftermarket ones. Also will it be alright to run without a tune for awhile as I'm saving up for that or am I better off waiting til I get the tuner to install it all.

#4 ·
When I look up the headers doesn't say anything about coming with longer o2 sensors etc. Wasn't worrying the exhaust hurting anything a friend was saying that they might sound and feel sluggish without a tune. Will I lose compression with the headers? Someone was telling me not to get headers because of compression loss etc and you won't gain much with a full exhaust system and what not

#6 ·
Don't see why you would get an offroad x pipe and no tune. Kinda defeats the purpose. You'll be dumping lots of fuel and will have no power gains, which is the only benefit of taking off the cats, and dollar per hp probably one of the best mods.

As far as o2 extensions, don't mess with them, period. Too many issues with them. You o2 sensors can be disconnected from the trans housing to make them longer. It takes 2 minutes to find it, reach it, and remove it.

With LT's there is a bit less back pressure, and on a boosted car you will actually be running less boost, but still making the same power, if not more. As far as a drop in compression? You were misguided my friend. I have LT's and I can assure my car did not lose any power when I installed them

#11 ·
I already have the Borla s type catback I can't find many places that have the Borla X pipe besides carid that I can get shipped to Canada got a good deal through carid. Probably should have waited til I had enough to order both at same time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.