Official Mods and Warranty thread - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
1.) Mine has been in for the plastic screen on the base console screen starting to crack (the base console, not the navigation premium screen).

Fixed with no issues, they did not care that it obviously had exhaust work.

2.)SCT tuner wiped my PCM (long write up here )
Dealer restored stock settings the first time, and I was warned that if I came back with the same issue, Ford wasn't gonna pay to fix it.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok View Post
1.) Mine has been in for the plastic screen on the base console screen starting to crack (the base console, not the navigation premium screen).

Fixed with no issues, they did not care that it obviously had exhaust work.

2.)SCT tuner wiped my PCM (long write up here )
Dealer restored stock settings the first time, and I was warned that if I came back with the same issue, Ford wasn't gonna pay to fix it.
Wow, glad they took care of you, and were nice enough to give a warning . I remember reading that thread.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:49 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Yep, and the SCT tuner managed to wipe it again after that (I'm a slow learner sometimes...) I *****ed to SCT about it and SCT actually restored the stock config under that warranty instead. No issues since then, but it's something to stay aware of.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
took mine in for the same cracked plastic piece on my center console and some paint scratches and my first free oil change supposed to pick up the car today can't wait to see if they actually took care of everything
2013 FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

update from earlier post... was told car would be ready at 5 and arrived at that time to find out car wasn't ready .. 30 mins later car comes out and no oil change or plastic console piece replacement had to wait another hour and a half just to change oil and still no plastic console piece replacement debating if I should return to that same ford dealership
Old 07-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 FiveO View Post
update from earlier post... was told car would be ready at 5 and arrived at that time to find out car wasn't ready .. 30 mins later car comes out and no oil change or plastic console piece replacement had to wait another hour and a half just to change oil and still no plastic console piece replacement debating if I should return to that same ford dealership
Id be complaining. Did they even call you to let you know they were running behind??
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 07-13-2013, 08:39 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

they sure didnt
Old 07-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

No deductible really? I've never had to take any car in for warranty work. This is the first. I WILL have to ask about that. Thanks for the heads up
Jsmorley81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmorley81 View Post
No deductible really? I've never had to take any car in for warranty work. This is the first. I WILL have to ask about that. Thanks for the heads up
Yeah if they try and charge you ANYTHING for warranty work laugh at them, tell shop manager, walk out, and go to another dealer.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

UPDATE. Just picked up my stang from dealer. There was never any mention of my mods. Complete tranny rebuild was coverd under warranty. Did not have to pay a single penny. It runs like a champ
Old 07-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
UPDATE. Just picked up my stang from dealer. There was never any mention of my mods. Complete tranny rebuild was coverd under warranty. Did not have to pay a single penny. It runs like a champ
Awesome man. Glad they took car of you. And that was with full bolt ons and tune? They didnt mention anything?
Old 07-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Yes. Full bolt on's full exhaust. No headers thou. Boss intake, gears, tune, and full suspension. Not one word was ever asked. From hillcrest ford dealership in Huntsville texas
Old 07-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes. Full bolt on's full exhaust. No headers thou. Boss intake, gears, tune, and full suspension. Not one word was ever asked. From hillcrest ford dealership. In Huntsville texas.
Awesome. I really want a tune, but obviously am afraid of losing my warranty. Hopefully a few more tuned cars will chime in. Thanks man! Glad you got it taken care of!
Old 07-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Awesome. I really want a tune, but obviously am afraid of losing my warranty. Hopefully a few more tuned cars will chime in. Thanks man! Glad you got it taken care of!
If your over 10k and your motor hasn't blown up yet, I think u will be fine... I used to say the same when I first got mine, reading these forums made me get impulsive and I did a Bama tune at 5k and I have no regrets, its been great!! That whole #8 cylinder thing was a thing in the past... But I would understand your concern since it is your DD
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

If your over 10k and your motor hasn't blown up yet, I think u will be fine... I used to say the same when I first got mine, reading these forums made me get impulsive and I did a Bama tune at 5k and I have no regrets, its been great!! That whole #8 cylinder thing was a thing in the past... But I would understand your concern since it is your DD
Yeah thats my plan. Im at 8 now, kinda wanna wait until 10k. Its nice to hear stories like this one though, that they are covering repairs even with a tune. Persuades me even more haha.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

Cyl 8 is not in the past just blew mine at 30k and was tuned by Bama at 24k
Old 07-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post

Cyl 8 is not in the past just blew mine at 30k and was tuned by Bama at 24k
That sucks!! Is yours an early 2011 build? Mine was one one of the job 2 2011s and I've been solid on everything so far... I guess it's the luck of the draw, I'd say about 95% of coyote owners haven't had major issues, obviously the ones that had them, report them on forums and others see them and scares them... Every make and model of any cars has a few bad lemons, I guess were all enthusiast and it may all get blown out of proportion... There's also tons of ppl here that right out of the dealer and tuning/tracking these cars WOT for a good while w/o issues
Old 07-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

That sucks!! Is yours an early 2011 build? Mine was one one of the job 2 2011s and I've been solid on everything so far... I guess it's the luck of the draw, I'd say about 95% of coyote owners haven't had major issues, obviously the ones that had them, report them on forums and others see them and scares them... Every make and model of any cars has a few bad lemons, I guess were all enthusiast and it may all get blown out of proportion... There's also tons of ppl here that right out of the dealer and tuning/tracking these cars WOT for a good while w/o issues
+1
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:44 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
That sucks!! Is yours an early 2011 build?
His signature says 2012.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
His signature says 2012.
I'm on the mobile app, it doesn't say anything other than he's from Georgia
Old 07-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Cyl 8 failed on my 2012 5.0 I was tuned with bama using the intune. No traces of the tune found.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
Cyl 8 failed on my 2012 5.0 I was tuned with bama using the intune. No traces of the tune found.
Were u covered by Ford? I know Bama has a warranty with cylinder 8 failure
Old 07-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Boy Bama sure seems to have had a lot of failures.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Boy Bama sure seems to have had a lot of failures.
thats bc bama sucks as far as email tuning goes.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
thats bc bama sucks as far as email tuning goes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Laughing_Hysterically.gif
Views:	79
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	118333  
Old 07-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

everyone i l know has had issues with there email tunes. they are good for basic mods such as coldair/tune. just seems like they have trouble with them with more serious mods. now there actual dyno tunes are probably good.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Were u covered by Ford? I know Bama has a warranty with cylinder 8 failure
Wondering this as well? Who picked up the bill? Ford or Bama?
Old 07-15-2013, 01:05 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Wondering this as well? Who picked up the bill? Ford or Bama?
Ford.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:59 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
1. What problems have you taken your vehicle to the dealer for?
Rear end clunking under accel/decel, front left control arm popping

2. What were your mods at the time?
1pc. drive shaft from DDS, FRPC tuner, Tokico shock and struts, aftermarket short shifter(TBD)

3. Did the dealer cover the work under warranty?
Ford dealer asked for $200 to run my chassis through a machine called the "CHASSIER" which is suppose to show signs of wear in the suspension. Refused to do work w/o any sort of payment at first. They drove my 2012 two times now and still swear they cannot FEEL or HEAR any clunk from the rear "BULL".

4. Did they hassle you about your mods or driving style?
YES!! Paperwork straight from ford corporation (or so they say) requires me to replace everything back to stock for them to confirm it is truely worn. No remark was given on how i drive my vehicle.

5. Any other relative information such as location of dealer, approx date, etc?
Chino Hills Ford, Late May drop off and early July drop off as well.

I'm rather quite unhappy with my first experience with Ford, and to think my entire family has 06-2012 mustang gt's. Of course my first mustang would get me hassled because I look so young even though I'm 25.
draxxus131 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT