exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #1

Region: New York
exhaust

looking for the best bang for my buck with exhaust,

flowmaster outlaw or fordracing gt500 style axle backs, also what will work better with my headers?

also open to other suggestions

2012 5.0 bone stock
6 speed manuel
mustangdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Get the Roush, you will love them. I was in your exact position and after all the reviewing I went with the roush. Best decision especially for the money.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Go with the Roush axle back! They sound amazing under WOT but 0 drone on the highway
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

Got this done this weekend. Cost me 140 dollars and 2 hrs wait becuase I'm not that good with a welder. Let me tell you this car is as quiet as a mouse if you drive her light. Then she roars like a lion race car if you give it some go go.

Heartthrob is the cheapest version of straight pipe axel back replacements and they are 235.00 plus shipping. I love the way my car sounds now. Below 2K RPM or cruise control super quiet, go go time it's like a race car. I have all stock exhaust, other than muffler deletes. Using Ford Pro Cal tune.

Gonna finish painting the tips black next weekend.
GWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangdriver View Post
looking for the best bang for my buck with exhaust,

flowmaster outlaw or fordracing gt500 style axle backs, also what will work better with my headers?

also open to other suggestions

2012 5.0 bone stock
6 speed manuel
Stay Away from Pype's Pype Bombs, they look great and sound great on start up; but have a Bad Drone in the 1800-2000 rpm range under load--this is 65-75 mph range on the highway (SelectShift--2013-GT).
dlstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
Mok
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWraith View Post

Got this done this weekend. Cost me 140 dollars and 2 hrs wait becuase I'm not that good with a welder. Let me tell you this car is as quiet as a mouse if you drive her light. Then she roars like a lion race car if you give it some go go.

Heartthrob is the cheapest version of straight pipe axel back replacements and they are 235.00 plus shipping. I love the way my car sounds now. Below 2K RPM or cruise control super quiet, go go time it's like a race car. I have all stock exhaust, other than muffler deletes. Using Ford Pro Cal tune.

Gonna finish painting the tips black next weekend.
That's pretty much what I had on my car. Great sound, but then i went ahead and deleted the cats! Holysmokes! Its loud. Imo sounds great until you go over 4k rpm then its just too much.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlstang View Post
Stay Away from Pype's Pype Bombs, they look great and sound great on start up; but have a Bad Drone in the 1800-2000 rpm range under load--this is 65-75 mph range on the highway (SelectShift--2013-GT).
Got that rt I have them on my 10gt.although they do sound mean but having them for a year I'm bored but the drone is kinda annoying.going to save and get the roush offroad catback.but I've heard the roush on a 13 in my area and its sounds good.
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchred2010gt View Post
Got that rt I have them on my 10gt.although they do sound mean but having them for a year I'm bored but the drone is kinda annoying.going to save and get the roush offroad catback.but I've heard the roush on a 13 in my area and its sounds good.
I got these a couple of months ago and they sounded louder than the American Muscle video comparison to the Stock muffler. I was pretty happy with the sound for in town driving, though that's when I noticed the drone at that special range. It's odd, if you just rev the engine through that range, there's nothing; but put it in gear and 'there it is'. But on the highway, that's where it's Unbelieveable !
I don't have the $$$$ to sink into a different exhaust system right now, so I'm going to investigate some possible solutions, in between my Summer time projects. I may consult a prof at the local university, in the Fall. I'll be sure to share any positive solutions I stumble on to.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:16 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I got these a couple of months ago and they sounded louder than the American Muscle video comparison to the Stock muffler. I was pretty happy with the sound for in town driving, though that's when I noticed the drone at that special range. It's odd, if you just rev the engine through that range, there's nothing; but put it in gear and 'there it is'. But on the highway, that's where it's Unbelieveable !
I don't have the $$$$ to sink into a different exhaust system right now, so I'm going to investigate some possible solutions, in between my Summer time projects. I may consult a prof at the local university, in the Fall. I'll be sure to share any positive solutions I stumble on to.
They say the m80s would help with the drone.and as much as I want to buy a tuner don't have the money fix the motor or computer if anything god wrong so I'm just buying the roush cb and then sell the bombs.but they do sound good but the drone is annoying to me now an want a different exhaust note
Torchred2010gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Another axleback thread. Hmmm.... Did a quick search for you...
http://www.mustangevolution.com/foru...archid=2689134

Search button is your friend.
PS. i love my Roush. Stay away if you're planning on getting rid of the cats though.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:28 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
^Or look at the other 5 exhaust threads literally on the first page. Out of control. exhausting....
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty5.0 View Post
^Or look at the other 5 exhaust threads literally on the first page. Out of control. exhausting....
IIIIII see what u did there........ lol.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 07-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I would go with FRPP. They have many great review, and will not give you any drone. They are also the most affordable.
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker79 View Post
I would go with FRPP. They have many great review, and will not give you any drone. They are also the most affordable.
What's FRPP?
Old 07-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What's FRPP?
Ford Racing Performance Parts. No its not same as OEM Ford parts and No its not the same company, and Yes they will affect your warranty just like any other brand would (Although you dont have to worry about that with axlebacks, just letting ya know for the future).
Old 07-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Ford Racing Performance Parts. No its not same as OEM Ford parts and No its not the same company, and Yes they will affect your warranty just like any other brand would (Although you dont have to worry about that with axlebacks, just letting ya know for the future).
Thanks for all that Info, and anticipated furhter questions. That's how Newbies get educated.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks for all that Info, and anticipated furhter questions. That's how Newbies get educated.
No problem man!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

SLP is where to be !!!
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
SLP is where to be !!!
I would not recommend going with a straight pipe muffler design such as the SLP, heartthrob, pypes, etc. These types of mufflers are less expensive, but they tend to have a lot more drone, especially if you look at adding other exhaust parts down the road.
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:05 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker79 View Post

I would not recommend going with a straight pipe muffler design such as the SLP, heartthrob, pypes, etc. These types of mufflers are less expensive, but they tend to have a lot more drone, especially if you look at adding other exhaust parts down the road.
+1. They sound good at start or and lower rpms, but not for me up top. And as he already mentioned, these cars really tend to drone with a straight pipe.
Old 07-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

To each his own ya'know, I love the sound of my pipes cant wait to put an x on their next !!!!
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
To each his own ya'know, I love the sound of my pipes cant wait to put an x on their next !!!!
I hear ya man. A lot of people hate the Roushs too. No sweat of my back either. I love um haha.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust