Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Looking for Advise

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  TooSlow4U 
#1 ·
Hello hope you are all well. was wondering if you fine people will be able to give me some advise.

I'm tempted to get a Mustang and have decided its down to 2 (unless you can convince me otherwise)

its between a 2013 Shelby GT500 and 2013 Roush RS3

been looking at the prosand came up with the following

GT500 Pro's
Quicker (660 bhp ish)
Longer Warrenty
seems to be quieter than the RS3 (from Youtube pics)
No Guzzler Tax (not even sure what this is)
Better Resale Value

RS3 Pro's
Better Handling
a better sounding Exhaust
better looks (imho)
still has a warrenty with (575bhp version)

Im not a quarter mile man but likely to take it on the odd Track Day

also when looking at the RS3 been looking at the VMP tuning kit to 675bhp aswell

its a question that i have seen before although that was on the SVT forum which is going to be slightly bias so thought id come ask you nice folks for your opinions.

Also (being in the uk at present) what is Gas Guzzler Tax and how does it work??? is it a premium you pay yearly or just one off upfront cost?

many thanks

lee

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Sorry.. good start realised i posted in wrong section.

please delete as reposted in Roush and SVT area

See less See more
#3 ·
cheer TC for that. much appreciated.

i plan on picking either one up second hand so Guzzler tax isnt an issue then.

guess its down to preference on test drive then. i really like the looks of the Roush especially as a convertible.

where is best place to pick up second hand cars in States?? i tried Autotrader

best i get this job in America then otherwise this is a dream that wont happen :(

#4 ·
cheer TC for that. much appreciated.

i plan on picking either one up second hand so Guzzler tax isnt an issue then.

guess its down to preference on test drive then. i really like the looks of the Roush especially as a convertible.

where is best place to pick up second hand cars in States?? i tried Autotrader

best i get this job in America then otherwise this is a dream that wont happen :(
Autotrader is one of the better sites, craigslist is another good one. There's a lot, I just can't remember them all right now. When searching expand your search to 500 miles and you'll get more options. Good luck with the job.

#5 ·
Id say go with the Shelby. More power with a warranty. If you get the RS3 and end up putting the VMP tune on there to get you to the Shelby power level, you're most likely going to void your powertrain warranty (unless VMP offers some kind of warranty, ive never used them).
Plus you listed better exhaust for the RS3. You can easily spend a bit of money on axlebacks for the Shelby and have an even better sounding exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.