2012 nitrous outlet kit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Question 2012 nitrous outlet kit

Does anyone use a nos window/wot switch with their nitrous setup ? I could us some pointers on how to set wide open throttle.
125oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 125oh View Post
Does anyone use a nos window/wot switch with their nitrous setup ? I could us some pointers on how to set wide open throttle.
you can use a window switch. or you can get a full throttle switch that goes under your gas peddle. that activates when the gas peddle is all the way down.
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Right I'm setting it with the window dwitch wired to brown wire on the throttle body (falling voltage).I found wot throttle by opening throttle blade with my hand at .07 volts so that's what I set it too . But the pedal will not push the voltage that low . Thats what I'm stumped on .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 125oh View Post
Right I'm setting it with the window dwitch wired to brown wire on the throttle body (falling voltage).I found wot throttle by opening throttle blade with my hand at .07 volts so that's what I set it too . But the pedal will not push the voltage that low . Thats what I'm stumped on .
not sure on that one bud. i have a full throttle switch. and only use my window switch to start nitrous at 3,500 and stop at 7,500. i don'tj use the window switch for full throttle.
Rapinator126 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Ok I think I can help as I made the same mistake as you. Using your hand to open the TB will cause your Voltage to drop way to low, lower then what your TB actually opens.

Simply adjust your WOT to 1.5. Settings should be xxxx start, xxxx off, I set stage 2 to 0000 start, 0000 off. WOT 1.5, and the last peramitor (forgot its name) 00.

If you need any help let me know, went though the same headache but finally figured it out.
Molonlabemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I have a zex TPS nmu. Which wire should I tap for the WOT signal? The kit instructions say green/violet? But I've been told brown works better. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I'm also using a msd "pill" window switch tapped to a fuel injector and a 40amp relay.
I just need clarification on what wire will work best at the TB?
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
ddinn25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:29 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It depends if the unit reads rising or falling voltage. The brown wire is what I used its falling voltage. Closed its at 4.1 open it, it falls to 1.2 . You can email me if ya want kennady12@gmail.com . I can help more

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
nitrous