Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Hey guys im thinking of buying a 2011 gt! I have a few questions

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Redstang1 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm in the market for a 2011 gt 5.0. I just want clarification on the myths about these cars. First off I have heard the transmission has had problems, I'm talking about the manual one. I have seen it on YouTube that the shifter gets thrown out of 2&3. Is this fixable with a short trow kit or is it the syncros? Also is it true the transmission is made in china? I don't care that much as long as it lasts and the housing& components were made in us/Canada/Mexico. Also is there any thing to look out for on these cars. I found 2 I'm interested in one is 23,000 with 8,000 miles on it and one is 23,000 with 65,000 on it. Is that too good to be true? Thanks for all your help

#2 ·
A 2011 GT, with 65 THOUSAND miles on it? How is that even a realistic option?

#3 ·
23000 for one with 65k on it is extremely overpriced. I bought my 2012 premium with everything but a spoiler and only 7k miles for 27999. The transmissions have problems just like any other cars transmission has problems. I had a stock shifter on my car for about 9k miles before switching to the Barton shifter and bracket. This set-up has gotten rid of all the shifting issues I had a higher rpms. The only other complaint people have had is increased noise in the cab. I put in dyno mat and if anything the car is quieter now

#6 ·
Its l blown out of proportion, u will be fine... If there were any major problems, it all happens very early. Once its past 5-10k and hasn't had any issues, its bulletproof after that... Don't let the rumors scare u from getting one, this is the best GT to date!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.