Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Shop messed up my wheels

3K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Ravnus 
#1 ·
So...long story short, I get to have my wheels powder coated. Trying to decide between matte black or matte charcoal. What do you think? I'm thinking matte black or even gloss black actually.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Mikey, if you choose gloss black, finish them (over the basecoat) with Diamond Clear Coat. It is hard as nails. IMO, get a professional to apply it. Application steps are critical to ensure you get a perfect finish. You'd love it. If you want to see what it looks like, check the gloss black decklid panel on a late model Mustang. It takes a lot of effort with 320 grit paper to scuff the surface, if that gives you any idea how tough the coating is. I'm currently going through a decklid panel color change and the surface wet sanding/scuffing process was extremely difficult.

DiamondFinish ClearCoat - Clear Coat - Non-Yellowing - High Gloss

#19 · (Edited)
Between the two, I'd go with gloss black. But if it were my car, I would take a serious look at Hyper Black. That looks super sexy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.