Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Running nitous a 5.0 with boss intake manifold

9K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  ddinn25 
#1 ·
I'm hearing a lot of **** that I'm gonna blow my motor for sure first time I spray it. Who has a nitrous kit and call give me some reassurance

#6 ·
This is my kit I added a fuel adapter with a TNT trottle switch I'm only spraying a 100 shot with a bama tune. Anything else you think I should get to be ok
i do not recommend nitrous with a email tune for it. the kit you posted i am not familiar with. i have the nx single nozzle kit. just make sure its a good kit. get the iridium ix plugs and gap them to .35. NGK LTR7ix-11. is the part number for them. in all honesty though with a 100 shot the stock plugs will be fine.

#4 ·
Lol another one of these. Nitrous is very reliable and safe if done right. Unfortunately it gets alot of bad rep because morons go out slap a kit on and think they are good to go. NO. You will need to get a good kit. I recommend a wet kit from a name brand like NX, ZEX, or NOS. NX is my personal favorite, although I've never seen any problems with the others. You will need to change your plugs to a colder plug. You will then need a custom tune to log your A/F ratio and have timing pulled. Make sure you get all the necessary accessories like a window switch and bottle pressure gauge. If you can i highly recommend a bottle warmer and purge kit. You can safely spray up to 150hp on these cars with the stock motor. Although i would HIGHLY recommend a 100 shot to start with for a nitrous beginner.
Im personally a huge nitrous fan, and have ran it on 3 of my last 4 cars, and when my warranty runs out will probably spray my 5.0.

#11 ·
I am running a 100 shot with a Boss 302 via a nitrous outlet kit on a Bama tune. Have about 2 bottles through it and everything is holding great. I plan to pro tune soon as I know I'm running a risk with the Bama tune. Until I can get a protune I'm gonna install a wideband so I can monitor my A/F ratios.

#20 ·
I have a zex blackout kit. Im adding a window switch, purge kit, bottle heater, remote opener,blow down, fpss, one step colder plugs, and maybe even a wide band with a gauge. Also a gauge on the bottle. I'm going to start with a 75 and go to 100.
I'm having issues locating 1 the nozzle in my airaid cai and 2 the color wire to tap on the TB wire harness for the TPS box. Can anyone help me with this? It's really the only thing from holding me back. I have supposed "safe" tunes from bama but will be dyno tuning later for the 100 shot.
Does anyone have pics of the wet kit nozzle location and the location of the TPS wire?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.