X pipe or h pipe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:05 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
X pipe or h pipe

Just wondering witch one will give you more hp with roush mufflers o/r 3 inch cutting the cats and res X or H?
GypsyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 04:46 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
X will give you more HP, but only by low single digits at most. Increases are negligible at best though. The differences are in sound more than anything. X will give you more of a raspy/racecar sound while a H tends to give you a deeper more muscle car sound. Don't buy either one if these based upon power increases, be more concerned about the sound you're trying to achieve. A ORX with no resonators and Roush Axle backs will be LOUD and raspy to say the least. It may be the sound you're looking for, but it's not for the weak at heart.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:16 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
The xpipe complements the roush mufflers the best
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 09:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post
The xpipe complements the roush mufflers the best
Like mentioned before though. Be ready for ALOT of noise and rasp.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
So since I'm looking for more of a low rumblish noise with borla s types I should go h pipe?

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post
So since I'm looking for more of a low rumblish noise with borla s types I should go h pipe?
Correct.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I like the H-pipes better, as they have a lower rumble to them and don't sound as raspy. If you go with a x-pipe with those Roush axlebacks you are going to have some serious rasp, especially if you do a resonator delete. I would advise you don't do that. As soon as I swapped in high flow cats and a 3" cat to axle pipe, my roushes became unbearable.

Roush mufflers sound goo, but I think they are made for a stock car. Once you add stuff that increase the exhaust flow, they get out of hand. I sold mine for RTRs.
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT