my poor stang - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
my poor stang

So driving home from respiratory therapy orientation and I go under an overpass where they are doing construction and this **** gets strung all over my car!!!! I powerwashed it at the car wash got some off but not all. So now I have to file a claim with indot ::::

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130710_174237.png
Views:	481
Size:	347.1 KB
ID:	117610

Name:	ForumRunner_20130710_174305.png
Views:	487
Size:	320.0 KB
ID:	117611

Name:	ForumRunner_20130710_174347.png
Views:	482
Size:	292.0 KB
ID:	117612
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
That's terrible. I would not take any more steps to remove it until INDOT (I'm assuming that Indiana Department of Transportation?) completes the claim. I would also call your own insurance and let them know what is going on, they might actually be the ones that go after INDOT for damages.

Sucks, poor stang. The good news is that it appears to be just paint work at this point...
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok View Post
That's terrible. I would not take any more steps to remove it until INDOT (I'm assuming that Indiana Department of Transportation?) completes the claim. I would also call your own insurance and let them know what is going on, they might actually be the ones that go after INDOT for damages.

Sucks, poor stang. The good news is that it appears to be just paint work at this point...
Already called my insurance. They said I had to go after INDOT myself unless my paint starts chipping etc then they will get Involved. Yes it is just paint but yea sucks ive only had the car 3 months :: im not touching it anymore! These ******** can fix it!
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangchassy View Post

Already called my insurance. They said I had to go after INDOT myself unless my paint starts chipping etc then they will get Involved. Yes it is just paint but yea sucks ive only had the car 3 months :: im not touching it anymore! These ******** can fix it!
Sounds like you have an extremely poor insurance company. You pay a premium for their protection against accidents, uninsured drivers, acts of theft or vandalism, or damage from inclement weather. No insurance company that denied me the coverage from any of those situations would be receiving money from me. Your insurance company SHOULD be covering the damages and filing a law suit against the entity responsible for the damages. However, you would need to prove it is in fact their fault.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

Sounds like you have an extremely poor insurance company. You pay a premium for their protection against accidents, uninsured drivers, acts of theft or vandalism, or damage from inclement weather. No insurance company that denied me the coverage from any of those situations would be receiving money from me. Your insurance company SHOULD be covering the damages and filing a law suit against the entity responsible for the damages. However, you would need to prove it is in fact their fault.
We have USAA. they will cover it. But he recommended we try to get the construction company to pay for it so we arent paying for it out of our pockets (our deductible) or putting a claim on our insurance since its their fault.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Might read up on what INDOT is liable for. That may be nothing more than sand. Try WD-40 and try hosing it off. The longer you leave it the harder it may get. Trying to prove that INDOT is responsible might be like peeing against the wind.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

It is the foam that expands and hardens. I have some stuff im gonna try tonight. Hopefully it takes it off. This is what it looks like after I hosed it off with the power washer.

Name:	ForumRunner_20130710_185302.png
Views:	432
Size:	295.1 KB
ID:	117622

Name:	ForumRunner_20130710_185326.png
Views:	401
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	117623
Old 07-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It is the foam that expands and hardens. I have some stuff im gonna try tonight. Hopefully it takes it off. This is what it looks like after I hosed it off with the power washer.
Try using vinegar, I use it when I get cement on mine.
92mustang2.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I always thought you couldnt get rid of hardened poly foam, but upon research, check this out. Biodegradable too.
16 Ounce Caulk And Foam Sealant Remover
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
This will solve your problems:

Mustang GT Hoods, 13-14 Mustang Stalker Hood - Cervini's
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast12 View Post
Haha. Yes it would except its on my roof too! Not as bad tho! I do like that hood tho. Bad ***

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer View Post
I always thought you couldnt get rid of hardened poly foam, but upon research, check this out. Biodegradable too.
16 Ounce Caulk And Foam Sealant Remover
Ill check it out. I got some other stuff im gonna try tonight. If that doesnt work ill try it. Thanks! Wonder if I can pick that up at Lowes or something.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Update: this stuff is actually taking it off. A friend of mine works in a body shop and uses it to get everything off cars and recommended it. It strips my wax but I dont care. As long as it gets this **** off!!!! Just taking a lil elbow grease

Name:	ForumRunner_20130710_203108.png
Views:	364
Size:	337.3 KB
ID:	117632
Old 07-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Try to take it to a detail shop ASAP and have them cover the bill, it might not need paint work
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yea im calling INDOT first thing in the morning cuz this stuff has taken the majority off but my hood is still all rough and probably ruint. :/
Old 07-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I feel you pain!!! Going through the exact same thing right now. Im working with the contractors in charge of the construction to get it fixed, hopefully. If you can do what i did. Go back to the construction site and try and get the companies name of their equipment. Get the number off google and contact them. Much quicker then going through any DOT. Just gotta hope they are cooperative. Heres pics of mine.

Name:	ForumRunner_20130710_214535.png
Views:	320
Size:	431.2 KB
ID:	117642

Name:	ForumRunner_20130710_214548.png
Views:	290
Size:	467.6 KB
ID:	117643

Name:	ForumRunner_20130710_214607.png
Views:	293
Size:	373.1 KB
ID:	117644
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:47 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I wouldn't have touched it until it was assessed by either your insurance rep or whatever person at INDOT handles claims. They need to see that the damage was caused by their materials, not by you attempting to scrub it off...if it comes to a legal battle, you could have just screwed yourself.

I also use USAA, and generally they do a fine job. That said, I wouldn't have gotten off the phone with them until they agreed to pursue this.
Marcie; Black 2013 GT. MT82, .373, track + brembo, JLT CF CAI, Boss Manifold, MGW StS, Blowfish Trans Bracket & Driveshaft Loop, Whiteline trans bushing, RP motor & tranny oils, Flowmaster Outlaws, BMR UCA w/ mount, LCA w/ relo brackets, panhard, SR springs, KONI oranges, J&M CC plates, staggered leguna secas, MT street comps
***A good driver is the best method to get more performance out of any car. ***
AXLEBACKS THREADS =
Rynarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Ps if its the same crap thats on mine, nothing is gonna get it off. The contractor even had me take it to a professional detailer, on their dime, and he couldn't even get it off. Just waiting for the next step now. From what they told me, it's epoxy that they use to put the traffic light trip sensors into the ground. Meant to be 100% permanent.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 07-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
I feel you pain!!! Going through the exact same thing right now. Im working with the contractors in charge of the construction to get it fixed, hopefully. If you can do what i did. Go back to the construction site and try and get the companies name of their equipment. Get the number off google and contact them. Much quicker then going through any DOT. Just gotta hope they are cooperative. Heres pics of mine.
The problem is the site is about an hour and a half from me. And when it happened there was no where to pull off cuz we were in one lane of traffic on an interstate with the other lane completely closed :/ so I guess I could attempt to drive back tomorrow sometime. Yea I hope you get yours cleared up. I totally feel your pain now ::

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynarok View Post
I wouldn't have touched it until it was assessed by either your insurance rep or whatever person at INDOT handles claims. They need to see that the damage was caused by their materials, not by you attempting to scrub it off...if it comes to a legal battle, you could have just screwed yourself.

I also use USAA, and generally they do a fine job. That said, I wouldn't have gotten off the phone with them until they agreed to pursue this.
Well I have pics of everything so they can see that. Plus this is my DD and I dont really wanna be driving it around looking like this so im desperate but it isnt working completely so ive given up! Now that we are seeing more damage I might call USAA back.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

If its on a public street the contracting work is a public knowledge record. Go to your states DOT website, and go into the business section. You will be able to find, not only the name of the company, but every single little project detail. Down to the amount of money they are getting paid!
Old 07-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If its on a public street the contracting work is a public knowledge record. Go to your states DOT website, and go into the business section. You will be able to find, not only the name of the company, but every single little project detail. Down to the amount of money they are getting paid!
It was on a county highway. Would that be on there. Its a public road technically..
Old 07-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It was on a county highway. Would that be on there. Its a public road technically..
Yes ma'am.

Virginias DOT site is kind of a PITA to navigate, so if you cant find it, call customer service. Like i said, its public knowledge, so they should be able to give you all the info over the phone. Just be prepared to sit on hold for awhile.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Sweet! Thanks. Ill look that up! I dont mind sitting on hold all damn day but someone is gonna take care of this.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Sweet! Thanks. Ill look that up! I dont mind sitting on hold all damn day but someone is gonna take care of this.
I hear ya. I feel the same way about mine. So far they have been cooperative, so im keeping my fingers crossed that continues. Hope they take care of you too!
Old 07-10-2013, 09:09 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Hate to see this happen to such a nice car, hope it gets sorted out
Old 07-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I hear ya. I feel the same way about mine. So far they have been cooperative, so im keeping my fingers crossed that continues. Hope they take care of you too!
Thanks. Fingers crossed for both of us

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchRed03 View Post
Hate to see this happen to such a nice car, hope it gets sorted out
Thank you. I think I might drink some wine and cry myself to sleep :/ lol
Old 07-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #26
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Lol, you're silly.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I use that stuff to seal holes in walk in freezers and fridges.... I does not come out.. Expandable foam sucks
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:12 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G View Post
I use that stuff to seal holes in walk in freezers and fridges.... I does not come out.. Expandable foam sucks
Yea. Thanks ::: lol

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

INDOT says it can take 6 months to process a claim. So I have to pay to have it fixed myself and they will repay me. The supervisor was very nice but out of her hands cuz it goes through the attorney general. :/ so im gonna go see what the detailing shops say today
Old 07-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea. Thanks ::: lol

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

INDOT says it can take 6 months to process a claim. So I have to pay to have it fixed myself and they will repay me. The supervisor was very nice but out of her hands cuz it goes through the attorney general. :/ so im gonna go see what the detailing shops say today
Im telling ya, get in touch with the contractors if you can before you pay for any repairs. Its worth a shot.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Im telling ya, get in touch with the contractors if you can before you pay for any repairs. Its worth a shot.
Im going too. I ask for the company's name she wouldn't give it to me but im gonna try and look it up. I gotta go pick up my paycheck then go see my daughter. She had her tonsils out a couple of days ago.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Im going too. I ask for the company's name she wouldn't give it to me but im gonna try and look it up. I gotta go pick up my paycheck then go see my daughter. She had her tonsils out a couple of days ago.
Really? They wouldn't give you the name? Thats weird.
Whats the name of the road? Ill see if i can find anything for ya. Im bored at work haha
Old 07-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks cuz im driving. Lol. Its hwy 42. Terre haute in
Old 07-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Thanks cuz im driving. Lol. Its hwy 42. Terre haute in
Damn. Sorry couldn't find any info... From my cell phone atleast.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Damn. Sorry couldn't find any info... From my cell phone atleast.
Yea I looked on my cell. Ill have to look on the computer when I get home :/ thank you tho
Old 07-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #35
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
Try to take it to a detail shop ASAP and have them cover the bill, it might not need paint work
Now that you have a lot of it off, I'd do ^this and see if they can finish the job for you.

Damn sorry to see this happen to your stang!

*Edit*
Focus on your rides paint now and worry about who pays later. That's what you'll see every time you drive or even think about your Mustang. You can forget all about the money in a short period of time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT