Mustang Evolution Forum banner

my poor stang

4K views 64 replies 17 participants last post by  mustangchassy 
#1 ·
So driving home from respiratory therapy orientation and I go under an overpass where they are doing construction and this **** gets strung all over my car!!!! I powerwashed it at the car wash got some off but not all. So now I have to file a claim with indot :::::(

Land vehicle Vehicle Hood Grille Car

Vehicle Hood Car Automotive exterior Vehicle door

See less See more
#2 ·
That's terrible. I would not take any more steps to remove it until INDOT (I'm assuming that Indiana Department of Transportation?) completes the claim. I would also call your own insurance and let them know what is going on, they might actually be the ones that go after INDOT for damages.

Sucks, poor stang. The good news is that it appears to be just paint work at this point...

#3 ·
Already called my insurance. They said I had to go after INDOT myself unless my paint starts chipping etc then they will get Involved. Yes it is just paint but yea sucks :( ive only had the car 3 months :::( im not touching it anymore! These assholes can fix it!

#6 ·
Might read up on what INDOT is liable for. That may be nothing more than sand. Try WD-40 and try hosing it off. The longer you leave it the harder it may get. Trying to prove that INDOT is responsible might be like peeing against the wind.

#9 · (Edited)
#11 · (Edited)
Haha. Yes it would except its on my roof too! Not as bad tho! :) I do like that hood tho. Bad ass

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

I always thought you couldnt get rid of hardened poly foam, but upon research, check this out. Biodegradable too.
16 Ounce Caulk And Foam Sealant Remover
Ill check it out. I got some other stuff im gonna try tonight. If that doesnt work ill try it. Thanks! Wonder if I can pick that up at Lowes or something.

#12 ·
Update: this stuff is actually taking it off. A friend of mine works in a body shop and uses it to get everything off cars and recommended it. It strips my wax but I dont care. As long as it gets this **** off!!!! Just taking a lil elbow grease

Liqueur Room Fire extinguisher Whisky Distilled beverage

#35 · (Edited)
Now that you have a lot of it off, I'd do ^this and see if they can finish the job for you.

Damn sorry to see this happen to your stang! :(

*Edit*
Focus on your rides paint now and worry about who pays later. That's what you'll see every time you drive or even think about your Mustang. You can forget all about the money in a short period of time.

#15 ·
I feel you pain!!! Going through the exact same thing right now. Im working with the contractors in charge of the construction to get it fixed, hopefully. If you can do what i did. Go back to the construction site and try and get the companies name of their equipment. Get the number off google and contact them. Much quicker then going through any DOT. Just gotta hope they are cooperative. Heres pics of mine.

Automotive exterior Bumper Vehicle door Auto part Vehicle

Rim Metal

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Auto part Wheel

#18 ·
I feel you pain!!! Going through the exact same thing right now. Im working with the contractors in charge of the construction to get it fixed, hopefully. If you can do what i did. Go back to the construction site and try and get the companies name of their equipment. Get the number off google and contact them. Much quicker then going through any DOT. Just gotta hope they are cooperative. Heres pics of mine.
The problem is the site is about an hour and a half from me. And when it happened there was no where to pull off cuz we were in one lane of traffic on an interstate with the other lane completely closed :/ so I guess I could attempt to drive back tomorrow sometime. Yea I hope you get yours cleared up. I totally feel your pain now :::(

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

I wouldn't have touched it until it was assessed by either your insurance rep or whatever person at INDOT handles claims. They need to see that the damage was caused by their materials, not by you attempting to scrub it off...if it comes to a legal battle, you could have just screwed yourself.

I also use USAA, and generally they do a fine job. That said, I wouldn't have gotten off the phone with them until they agreed to pursue this.
Well I have pics of everything so they can see that. Plus this is my DD and I dont really wanna be driving it around looking like this so im desperate but it isnt working completely so ive given up! Now that we are seeing more damage I might call USAA back.

#16 ·
I wouldn't have touched it until it was assessed by either your insurance rep or whatever person at INDOT handles claims. They need to see that the damage was caused by their materials, not by you attempting to scrub it off...if it comes to a legal battle, you could have just screwed yourself.

I also use USAA, and generally they do a fine job. That said, I wouldn't have gotten off the phone with them until they agreed to pursue this.

#17 ·
Ps if its the same crap thats on mine, nothing is gonna get it off. The contractor even had me take it to a professional detailer, on their dime, and he couldn't even get it off. Just waiting for the next step now. From what they told me, it's epoxy that they use to put the traffic light trip sensors into the ground. Meant to be 100% permanent.

#19 ·
If its on a public street the contracting work is a public knowledge record. Go to your states DOT website, and go into the business section. You will be able to find, not only the name of the company, but every single little project detail. Down to the amount of money they are getting paid!

#23 ·
I hear ya. I feel the same way about mine. So far they have been cooperative, so im keeping my fingers crossed that continues. Hope they take care of you too!

#28 ·
Yea. Thanks ::::( lol

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

INDOT says it can take 6 months to process a claim. So I have to pay to have it fixed myself and they will repay me. The supervisor was very nice but out of her hands cuz it goes through the attorney general. :/ so im gonna go see what the detailing shops say today

#33 ·
Damn. Sorry couldn't find any info... From my cell phone atleast.

#36 ·
Taking it to ziebart in the a.m. they said they could get it off and they give military discounts. Over by where my hubby works. They said they could have it looking new by the end of the day tomorrow. Ill just have to wait for INDOT to reimburse me :/

#46 ·
#48 ·
I have charcoal amrs already. 19x10 in the rear. Just upgrading from the 275/40/19s they came with. I need more meat to hook! Lol. Got them at like 50% so i had to jump on them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.