Mustang Evolution Forum banner

O2 Sensor question

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Evil2014GT 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Kooks Mustang Header and Off-road X-pipe Combo (Manual 05-10 GT) 6021-OX - Free Shipping!

I was looking at getting these at some point, with no cats won't you get some kind of dash light. Can anyone shed light on this?
One trick is to get some spark plug non fowlers. These fit over the O2 sensor and allow the computer to read less fumes. You would install them where the sensors after the cats would normally work. I did this when I got high flow cats and it worked flawlessly. I don't know if it would work that well with no cats, but it is a cheap fix. Worth a shot. :thumb:

#4 · (Edited)
Technically that MIGHT work to prevent a code from being thrown, but the 11+ models also have a COT feature that you also have to deal with. So even if you use this method, the car would still be dumping gas into the would be cats trying to cool them down. Hence the reason they dont make mil eliminators or o2 sims for our cars. Without a tune, the car will not run correctly. And you wont see any gain in HP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.