Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Bbk short headers

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Konawin 
#1 ·
Are they any good for the 5.0 2012

My friend has an 03 cobra he said he had bad experience on BBK headers that it broke on him

#4 ·
Yankee5.0,

We've had a lot of good feedback with BBK's headers, plus we've used them on a few Project Cars without any issues. They make a great product for an affordable price, plus they have awesome customer service.

That being said, I think you're better off with getting LT headers, instead. You'll see a much larger increase of power and sound with LT's. Plus, BBK makes a popular LT header for your 2012 GT!

If you have any other questions, let me know!

Shane

#6 ·
As mentioned previously, shorties are a waste of money. You should just shell out the little extra money for LTs. The factory headers are actually known to flow really well. I can't remember where I saw it, but shorties really only gain like 5hp. LTs gain ~15.

#10 ·
My comment on this concerns exhaust fit meant in general, of BBK products. I do not have their shorty headers BUT I have the X-pipe and then I added the cat delete pipes later on. I've had those cat delete pipes and x-pipe on and off trying to adjust out the misalignment like 3-4 times. I ended up welding them up.
Considering that the stock exhaust flows as well as shorty's anyway, I'd stay with it until you go to LT's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.