Clutch Engagement - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-11-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: Arizona
Clutch Engagement

First off, I've been driving 3 pedal cars for over 40 years, so I'm not speaking as a newbie here.
I recently picked up my 2014 GT premium with manual trans. In comparison to my wife's 2013 GT, it seems as though the clutch pedal engagement on my '14 is at the very top of the pedal travel. It seems to come in all at once & takes a lot of concentration to drive smoothly in traffic. I know all clutches have a different feel, but this difference seems a little unusual to me in that both cars are identical except for color. I haven't talked to my dealer yet, but will to see if there is any adjustment.
Just throwing this out there for comments @ this time.
Both cars are equipped with 3.55 rear, MGW shifter, Bondra clutch pedal extender, & GT500 AB's.

graystone2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Delaware
I'd let he dealer look at it, and if they cant fix the issue i'd look into removing the clutch pedal assist spring which will give a better feel of clutch engagement! I had the same issue with my stock clutch but when i added a supercharger i replaced my clutch and no longer have the issue!

2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Georgia
I replaced my clutch and also replaced the flywheel with a aluminum flywheel and everything feels a lot smoother. The stock clutch and flywheel did not engage/disengage well at all.
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:13 PM   #4
Registered Member
Region: Texas
My 2014 feels the same way
Nasty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:28 AM   #5
Registered Member
Region: Kentucky
I've read of quite a few cases of this. I guess I got lucky on mine, the clutch engages early and has a pretty nice feel to it. My previous car felt like it had an on/off switch for a clutch so I can sympathize with your aggravation. Since it's clearly not a driver issue, it never hurts to have it checked out, especially since it's a brand new car.
larrimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT