Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Future Mustang Owner

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  katynthor 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Im new to this forum. I plan on buying a mustang 5.0 in the near future. I'm wondering if there's any recurring problems. I am enlisted in the Marine Corps, as a poolee I'm waiting to ship out but I want the 5.0. I do plan on gettin one when I come home from Parris Island and have my family work on it, as they have offered. I was wondering if I should buy one BRAND NEW or certified pre-owned. Ik that's a rhetorical question but I wanna hear it from the mustang owners. And I do plan on doing little mods here and there until the warranty is up but any little pointers would be great :)

#2 ·
Welcome! 3 weeks ago, I went from driving a '00 v6 Camaro for 7 years, to a new 5.0 6spd and of course, I've NEVER BEEN HAPPIER! I grew up with Camaros and Mustangs (divided family), but the family '93 5.0 still runs perfectly, so I've always wanted my own. It's clunky and the transmission is noisey, but it's all normal, based on all of the research I've done (and got better once I got a better feel for the car). Definitely a BIG upgrade! My personal opinion, if you buy a used sports car, you're buying someone else's problems/ragged on car, most likely, but hey with good research, you can get great deals. Sometimes you can get good deals at auto auctions on repos. Anyway, my warranty covers EVERYTHING, even door dings...one of the perks of buying new, plus I'm proud to make the payments on the car from my dreams :) Good luck!

#5 · (Edited)
def buy new! you want your own car not someone else's. plus the CPO's around here are just as much almost as brand new. Bought my 13 GT brand new in may and have beat on it as well especially lately and NO problems at all. I LOVE IT!

#10 ·
Agreed with the possibly tuned. I bought mine used and it had a JLT intake which means it must have been tuned right. No tuner was I the car though. I guess that leaves me with a must have mod being a handheld tuner. Car was in perfect condition and ran perfectly smooth so I bought it. Good deal too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.