H pipe with LT - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
H pipe with LT

I'm looking at a JBA H pipe and it says it'll work with stock or shorties. Do all H pipes only work with shorties?

Thanks
dugemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by dugemac View Post
I'm looking at a JBA H pipe and it says it'll work with stock or shorties. Do all H pipes only work with shorties?

Thanks
No. There are some specifically designed for LT headers. It should clarify all that in the description of the part you're looking at.

If you want JBA. Heres the one you will need for long tubes.
http://www.cjponyparts.com/jba-h-pip...013/p/HPJL6-V/
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have a jba orhp I would sell half price, its made for jba longtubes, I used it for about 4 months then switched to the jba orxp
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post
I have a jba orhp I would sell half price, its made for jba longtubes, I used it for about 4 months then switched to the jba orxp
Where would you be shipping from?
Old 07-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post
Why did you switch? Sound quality?
Old 07-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

Thanks
dugemac,

Most of the time if the mid-pipe doesn't specify what its' designed for, it's for factory manifolds or shorty headers. Typically mid-pipes designed for LT headers will specify that they're a "shorty Hpipe" (or Xpipe).

What kind of exhaust setup are you specifically looking for? Let me know if you need any assistance picking out the exhaust components!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Shane,

Still up in the air about exhaust. I know I want a low grumble. So I know I want an H-pipe. I'm thinking about the GT500, Roush, or Borla S.

I kinda want to keep everything CARB legal.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Where would you be shipping from?
I bought the xp and liked it better with gt500's you can get away with the orxp and not have a raspy sound, but the hp is a deep rumble and doesnt get raspy, im in florida
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
Old 07-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
If you live in CA look long and hard into the emissions laws if you want to keep it legal. I just moved from there and if I remember correctly the cats cannot be moved more than 1 inch back or front in the exhaust system. LTs will not fly and hi flow cats possibly. anything else that is from the cats- engine would be a no go to keep it legal. Now having said that I do believe that you are not required to actually test for emissions until 6 years after your car was built, just pay the smog fees when you re register.
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Well, I'm in the Navy, and I'll be registering the car in FL, so I (mostly) play by FL rules. That being said, I do have to do a Smog check every 2 years for base access.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

The deeper sound the better IMO!
Old 07-13-2013, 05:30 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Then long tubes and high flow cats are out as you will not pass smog with either. A catback system or ABs are really your only option.
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Well, I'm in the Navy, and I'll be registering the car in FL, so I (mostly) play by FL rules. That being said, I do have to do a Smog check every 2 years for base access.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

The deeper sound the better IMO!
To bad you couldnt have a beater to drive to the base and have the stang somewhere and never drive it on base, i know alot of places in florida have gated storage and I cant imagine they are that terrible in price, that way you can build your car the way you want
Old 07-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I'm glad I live in canada and have no emission laws. Which is was I went for the Borla s type catback. Have a Borla o/r X pipe and Borla xr-1 headers coming in can't wait to hear it!
Bladezx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladezx View Post
I'm glad I live in canada and have no emission laws. Which is was I went for the Borla s type catback. Have a Borla o/r X pipe and Borla xr-1 headers coming in can't wait to hear it!
Please post an exhaust clip when you get the headers and o/r x installed . Im leaning towards the xr-1 headers and o/r x but i really wanted an h pipe for the deep rumble and less rasp then the x. But I would like to hear how the s types sound with the x.
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT