Mustang Evolution Forum banner

H pipe with LT

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Joey8 
#1 ·
I'm looking at a JBA H pipe and it says it'll work with stock or shorties. Do all H pipes only work with shorties?

Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
#3 ·
I have a jba orhp I would sell half price, its made for jba longtubes, I used it for about 4 months then switched to the jba orxp

#6 ·
dugemac,

Most of the time if the mid-pipe doesn't specify what its' designed for, it's for factory manifolds or shorty headers. Typically mid-pipes designed for LT headers will specify that they're a "shorty Hpipe" (or Xpipe).

What kind of exhaust setup are you specifically looking for? Let me know if you need any assistance picking out the exhaust components!

Shane

#9 ·
If you live in CA look long and hard into the emissions laws if you want to keep it legal. I just moved from there and if I remember correctly the cats cannot be moved more than 1 inch back or front in the exhaust system. LTs will not fly and hi flow cats possibly. anything else that is from the cats- engine would be a no go to keep it legal. Now having said that I do believe that you are not required to actually test for emissions until 6 years after your car was built, just pay the smog fees when you re register.

#10 ·
Well, I'm in the Navy, and I'll be registering the car in FL, so I (mostly) play by FL rules. That being said, I do have to do a Smog check every 2 years for base access.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

The deeper sound the better IMO!

#12 ·
To bad you couldnt have a beater to drive to the base and have the stang somewhere and never drive it on base, i know alot of places in florida have gated storage and I cant imagine they are that terrible in price, that way you can build your car the way you want

#14 ·
Please post an exhaust clip when you get the headers and o/r x installed :bow:. Im leaning towards the xr-1 headers and o/r x but i really wanted an h pipe for the deep rumble and less rasp then the x. But I would like to hear how the s types sound with the x.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.