Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Car dying

2K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  TooSlow4U 
#1 ·
Well trying to work a kink I just installed the vortech as we know but know having issues . When coming off throttle and putting car in neutral and slowing down the car dies and the little battery light come up meaning car died lol it smells really rich when it does and it will fire right back up. Also when the ac is on full blast it gets worse like it wants to die and idles really low . I checked the vaccum lines and everything is tight . I have no idea what to do :(

#3 ·
Your maf is more than likely fine. Just needs tuning adjustment to your idle air. Went through same issue and know several other sc guys that have to. Tune just needs tweaking.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Op, clean out your pm box. Just tried to send you a message

#18 ·
So brenspeed sent me a revised tune to help trouble shoot and now this is what came up

P0016 and p052a both have to deal with camshaft postin timing Over advanced wtf !
Did you make sure the camshaft position sensors are plugged in? You might have them swapped or not plugged in.

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Ya ya but what's done is done and if a Dyno tune doesn't fix it blower is coming off and in trading in car that's how pissed I am . Shouldn't be one issue after another the vortech tune should have been fine why else would they send it
It's likely not in the tune. It could be something simple as a loose connection somewhere. These cars are computers

#16 ·
This has turned into a friggin nightmare for you. I know we all want to learn and be able to say " I did this myself "
But this is why you pay a professional to install and tune something. Because if something goes wrong it's their problem and you don't take your car off their property till it's done and done right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.