Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Switching to the aluminator motor

18K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  chefron50 
#1 ·
Would the stock PCM and alternator from my 2013 5.0 work for the aluminator (supercharged not n/a) motor ??? And how much hp is the motor capable of? And how much would it put out without a supercharger installed?

#3 ·
The aluminator is the aluminator and the roadrunner is the road runner. The aluminators are good for quite a bit of horsepower, but it's hard to day how much it can handle. The higher compression NA motor will create more power per pound of boost than the lower compression FI motor. Hell the stock motor can take about 800 hp if you throw in some forged internals and replace piston rings and skirts.

It's more about what your goal are and what exactly you're looking to do. If you want to keep it under 600 whp stock motor will be fine

#5 ·
Yes, they will. The s/c version without a blower make about the same HP as a stock coyote. Basically what you loose in compression can be gained back by being able to adjust timing more aggressively. I was told by frpp that the motor is good for ~1000 HP crank. Btw, I have one:)

#20 · (Edited)
I'm pretty sure that even the newer 11.0:1 aluminators have billet oil pump gears... Let me see if I can verify that, but I'm about 87.3% positive they do

Edit: after doing some research I can't find anywhere that says the 11:1 includes billet oil pump gear but everything says that the timing cover is machined for use with the PD blowers. While this doesn't prove that they have the oil pump gears it's definitely suggesting there would be

#30 ·
11.1:1 have standard gt oil pump gears,. only the 9.5:1 have tss billet oil pump gears.. It has been covered and talkied about for some time.. it's not listed as having them and ford never updated the web if they did have them which is pretty current. It's also been confirmed from people that actually have them that they had to replace the gears with billet pieces. 1 guy out of 100's or even 1000's who have replace the gears in the 11.1:1 motor is not a reliable source! Read the parts list and breakdown of the motors and realize that they are not on the N/A motor

#32 ·
I've searched high and low for a parts list for a 2013 5.0 aluminator NA motor and have found nothing. Like I said only the 2013 production ones have been claimed to have them, and unfortunately the only data I can find is someone on the interwebz saying they talked to FRPP (which leads me to believe you didn't even read the link I posted). You haven't proven me wrong any more or less than I have proven myself right, unfortunately for all of us.

Do you happen to have a parts list or know where to find one for 2013 5.0 aluminator? Again, it would seem to me that FRPP would include the TSS billet oil pump gears even in the NA model is they are going to machine the timing cover for use with a PD blower.

#35 ·
It's not listed, you are correct, doesn't mean it's completely up to date either. And machining a timing cover has nothing to do with producing different blocks. I mean hell if they really wanna keep from producing different motors why even have more than one version of the aluminator?

How is taking more time and energy to price different timing covers more cost efficient. The roush rs3 now has the aluminator as an option... The high compression version at that.

I could very well be chasing my own tail here but it would seem to me that there's more truth to the oil pump gears being billet in the newer one than you may think. In the mean time I'll keep searching, just because up until now they haven't been usin steel oil pump gears doesn't mean they haven't upgraded them

#36 ·
You may be right but they originally did not offer billet oil pump gears with the sc version and now that they do the have indeed updated the website so I don't see why they wouldn't have updated the na version as well. My opinion is because they don't come with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.