Lower my stang!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-13-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Lower my stang!!

looking to lower my stang but wondering what additional parts do I need besides just the springs
2013 FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 FiveO View Post
looking to lower my stang but wondering what additional parts do I need besides just the springs
I did springs, shocks, struts, upper and lower control arms, lca relo bracket, adj panhard bar and cam plates. There are a couple of very detailed threads in here that I used as my guide and have had no issues. Good luck
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

I did springs, shocks, struts, upper and lower control arms, lca relo bracket, adj panhard bar and cam plates. There are a couple of very detailed threads in here that I used as my guide and have had no issues. Good luck
wow that's a lot more than I thought I was gonna need but sounds like a sick setup .. thanks for the input
2013 FiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 FiveO View Post

wow that's a lot more than I thought I was gonna need but sounds like a sick setup .. thanks for the input
Of you want to do it right there's a lot of stuff to get lol, if you're just going for the look its real cheap to get springs and pan hard bar (that keeps the rear wheels aligned after a drop) but you'll lose performance off the line and eventually thing will wear out a lot faster
Old 07-13-2013, 01:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post

+1. I did all this as well. You will also need a adjustable UCA and new mount to correct your pinion angle after lowering. Save yourself time and do it right the first time. LCAs and brackets can wait until later if need be. The stockers will not hurt anything in the mean time, you just wont hook as well. I would recommend doing a UCA and mount before the LCAs. I did LCAs first and regret not doing the UCA first. after only 5k miles ended up blowing my pinion seal. Not sure if it was 100% because of the wrong pinion angle, but im sure it didnt help.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

+1. I did all this as well. You will also need a adjustable UCA and new mount to correct your pinion angle after lowering. Save yourself time and do it right the first time. LCAs and brackets can wait until later if need be. The stockers will not hurt anything in the mean time, you just wont hook as well. I would recommend doing a UCA and mount before the LCAs. I did LCAs first and regret not doing the UCA first. after only 5k miles ended up blowing my pinion seal. Not sure if it was 100% because of the wrong pinion angle, but im sure it didnt help.
I thought it was the other way around... As per this link, LCA angle is 90% of the problem

http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/LCA%20_adj.htm
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

I thought it was the other way around... As per this link, LCA angle is 90% of the problem

http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/LCA%20_adj.htm
You are correct. LCAs will throw off your angle as well. But obviously you need an adjustable UCA to correct it. Thats the only reason i recommend doing the UCA first. So you can set the angle right away, even with the stock LCAs, and then when you get LCAs and brackets, you can correct it again.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT