Car problems after repairs at dealership - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Angry Car problems after repairs at dealership

So I just got my car back from the shop after being I'm there for three weeks. They had to completely replace 2nd gear. I know it probably feels tight because every other gear is broken in except for 2nd but it just doesn't feel right. When going into first from neutral I have to hold the shifter up and barely release the clutch until I feel it go into gear or it will just grind. There's also a ticking noise from underneath the cars driver side. I think it's just a small exhaust leak due to them not clamping down the exhaust properly. Last problem is that my advance trac and trunk buttons don't work :/ Any ideas or suggestions?
2013Coyote5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013Coyote5.0 View Post
So I just got my car back from the shop after being I'm there for three weeks. They had to completely replace 2nd gear. I know it probably feels tight because every other gear is broken in except for 2nd but it just doesn't feel right. When going into first from neutral I have to hold the shifter up and barely release the clutch until I feel it go into gear or it will just grind. There's also a ticking noise from underneath the cars driver side. I think it's just a small exhaust leak due to them not clamping down the exhaust properly. Last problem is that my advance trac and trunk buttons don't work :/ Any ideas or suggestions?
Not sure about the trans. I would take it back and have them look at it again.
As for the advance track and truck buttons, i bet they just forgot to plug them back in when reinstalling everything. Just pull up on the panel around the shifter and look. It pops right out.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Take it back. If it doesn't shift right, they didn't fix it.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Ok so I got under my car and felt for what I thought was an exhaust leak from the ticking noise but there's no leak...it's almost like it's coming from the tranny. Sound like its near where the headers connect to the mid pipe.
2013Coyote5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #5

Region: Virginia
Sorry to hear this, best to bring it back to dealership. Hope you have another car to use while your Mustang is in the shop.

Good luck.
Uncoolron is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT