muffler deletes - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Wink muffler deletes

Hey guys Im looking for some input on muffler deletes for my 2012 gt. I have off road xpipe and gt500 axel back now . I want something a lil louder . Will they free up any hp ? Thanks in advance
125oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 125oh View Post
Hey guys Im looking for some input on muffler deletes for my 2012 gt. I have off road xpipe and gt500 axel back now . I want something a lil louder . Will they free up any hp ? Thanks in advance
I have Flowmaster Outlaws. They don't free up any HP, but I love the aggresive sound. They are pretty loud by any standard. There is a fair bit of drone on the highway but I've learned to drive around it, so to speak.
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Going with muffler deletes and having a off/road X is race car. You'll get a ticket everytime you go to the quick-sack for some beer and cigerettes.

I'd try to search some videos on YouTube for Flowmaster 10 series, Magnaflow Magnapacks, maybe the small sized one's from Loudmouth - with and off/road X or H pipe. They really don't do justice for how load they are, but maybe help you with the tone. The smaller the muffler, the better (not pipe size, over-all size).
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

My car isn't my dd it only comes out of the garage on the weekend . I have drag radials and a 100 shot . It almost is my race car besides going to car shows .
Old 07-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
What ever you do stay away from muffler deletes. I have pypes super system and o/r xpipe and when it's floored it's cool but literally every other time it's nothing but rasp. It's EXTREMELY loud but that's about it. I'm a big fan of corsa & bassani but look into granatelli exhaust. Found a video on YouTube and it sounds awesome
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Muffler deletes + offroad midpipe = poop.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Alright thanks guys ill just stick with my gt500 . Spend the money else where
Old 07-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Alright thanks guys ill just stick with my gt500 . Spend the money else where
A wise decision imo. The gt500s are one of the few cheap exhausts that sound good to me. I'd rather spend my money on something that actually helps me go faster than something that makes my car subs faster than it is.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
If u want a little extra sound for cheap, find an exhaust place and delete the resonators if u haven't done so yet
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

I did already . Not a big difference but some
Old 07-17-2013, 01:35 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
I have Flowmaster Outlaws. They don't free up any HP, but I love the aggresive sound. They are pretty loud by any standard. There is a fair bit of drone on the highway but I've learned to drive around it, so to speak.
Do you have a Stick or Automatic?
dlstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlstang View Post
Do you have a Stick or Automatic?
Stick
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Stick
The reason I asked was because I was told by Pypes (another Muffler Delete w/ added resonator--"Pype Bomb"), that the Automatic Trans (like I have on my 2013 GT) are More prone to have a Drone problem, than a Stick. I don't know why that would make a difference, the problem seems to be RPM specific. But I was just curious. The advantage of a Stick is you control the Gear and the RPM, so you can work around it for In Town driving. Now for Highway driving, you're going to be in 6th Gear, just like me. And I'm not really impressed w/ the "Sport Shift" on my Select Shift Trans--I expected the Gear Change to be just about instantaneous, when you hit the button--it's Not.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
These "Pype Bombs" on an Automatic have a "Deafening Drone", which I found out 'after the Fact', is typical w/ any 'muffler deletes'. I like the Sound and the Looks of these, out of the 1800-2000rpm range. I've looked into Dynamats (expensive) and Exhaust Wraps, but I had an idea after reading a number of different ways to reduce the noise getting into the Cabin--and it worked to some extent. I had a '70's Bean Bag chair w/ a heavy vinyl covering that I hadn't really used since I moved to my current house. I flattened it, on it's side and worked it into the Trunk. It lowers the Drone level and is easy to put in and take out--(unfortunately, it does reduce some of the "Good Sounds"; but rolling down the windows helps that out--except during this 'Heat Wave'). Well, just wanted to pass that along.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:04 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlstang View Post
These "Pype Bombs" on an Automatic have a "Deafening Drone", which I found out 'after the Fact', is typical w/ any 'muffler deletes'. I like the Sound and the Looks of these, out of the 1800-2000rpm range. I've looked into Dynamats (expensive) and Exhaust Wraps, but I had an idea after reading a number of different ways to reduce the noise getting into the Cabin--and it worked to some extent. I had a '70's Bean Bag chair w/ a heavy vinyl covering that I hadn't really used since I moved to my current house. I flattened it, on it's side and worked it into the Trunk. It lowers the Drone level and is easy to put in and take out--(unfortunately, it does reduce some of the "Good Sounds"; but rolling down the windows helps that out--except during this 'Heat Wave'). Well, just wanted to pass that along.
I'm pretty sure the pype bomb cat back is the pypes m-80 mufflers with resonator tips

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT