Comparison - Not All Control Arms Are Created Equal - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Comparison - Not All Control Arms Are Created Equal

Hello All:

The problem most consumers face when purchasing suspension upgrade components for their vehicle is often whether or not they are purchasing the right product and will it live up to their performance expectations.

Oftentimes, faced with cost and brand considerations, consumers may inadvertently purchase a product from a source that they think is a quality supplier/manufacturer, only to find out that the part they purchased for their American pony car lacked proper engineering and performance/safety validation, was built with substandard materials and with inferior quality processes. As a result, the “deal” they thought they had ends up being a disaster.

In the ensuing paragraphs and pictures, we are going to expose a HUGE quality difference that you must consider when purchasing ANY performance part for your vehicle. Like the proverb says:

“Let the Buyer Beware”…

Check out the following release we did to show the Steeda difference!

Not All Control Arms Are Created Equal Steeda Blog

Best Regards,

TJ
Private Message Me About Special Discount Codes
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
tj@steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2013, 04:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
Hello All:

The problem most consumers face when purchasing suspension upgrade components for their vehicle is often whether or not they are purchasing the right product and will it live up to their performance expectations.

Oftentimes, faced with cost and brand considerations, consumers may inadvertently purchase a product from a source that they think is a quality supplier/manufacturer, only to find out that the part they purchased for their American pony car lacked proper engineering and performance/safety validation, was built with substandard materials and with inferior quality processes. As a result, the “deal” they thought they had ends up being a disaster.

In the ensuing paragraphs and pictures, we are going to expose a HUGE quality difference that you must consider when purchasing ANY performance part for your vehicle. Like the proverb says:

“Let the Buyer Beware”…

Check out the following release we did to show the Steeda difference!

Not All Control Arms Are Created Equal
Pretty easy to tell what product "x" is...
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
I just have to say this. As a consumer I am well aware of the whiteline issues that have come up. I really think its kind of cheesy for steeda to market off of whitelines failure by comparing your uca to brand "x" when it's painstakingly obvious that its a whiteline uca. You could have at least changed the bushing color to make it less obvious. Or maybe compared it to a stock uca. Comparing your product to a well known failed design isn't saying much. A better and more interesting comparison would be between you and BMR. On a positive note, I can't wait to get my steeda uca on Tuesday : ) I'm sure its a great product.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I actually thought this was going to help me figure out what I wanted lol
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Delaware
I was one the guys who had the under engineered, whiteline mount, whiteline reimbursed for the install fees for my new mount, and a full purchase refund, and rightfully so. I replaced it with this steeda uca and mount, and now i will be replacing the steeda mount with the roush anti hop mount. My experience with the steeda has been less then favorable. Its a stronger mount then the Whiteline but it also radiates higher levels of nvh then expected. I know its not the mount creating the noise but its transferring more of whats already there into the cabin. The Whiteline bushings was bigger and better for noise and vibration reduction i had none when it was in. I've already figured out where my noise and vibration is coming from, its my current drive shaft. Which i will be replacing with a dss unit where pinion angles have no bearing on my lowered car. I know i will have no problem selling both of these parts after i remove them. The key is the roush mount radiates no noise yet is built for strength, a win win for me. Anyway thats been my experience.
2016 Gt/Cs autowith 3:55', mbrp cat back and a n/a build on the way!...
blackbeast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast12 View Post
I was one the guys who had the under engineered, whiteline mount, whiteline reimbursed for the install fees for my new mount, and a full purchase refund, and rightfully so. I replaced it with this steeda uca and mount, and now i will be replacing the steeda mount with the roush anti hop mount. My experience with the steeda has been less then favorable. Its a stronger mount then the Whiteline but it also radiates higher levels of nvh then expected. I know its not the mount creating the noise but its transferring more of whats already there into the cabin. The Whiteline bushings was bigger and better for noise and vibration reduction i had none when it was in. I've already figured out where my noise and vibration is coming from, its my current drive shaft. Which i will be replacing with a dss unit where pinion angles have no bearing on my lowered car. I know i will have no problem selling both of these parts after i remove them. The key is the roush mount creates no noise yet is built for strength, a win win for me. Anyway thats been my experience.
Yep I get what your saying. I considered the roush, but it's not adjustable. I'm worried that my pinion angle will be off with this mount. How much nvh do you have with the steeda uca?
Old 07-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

The noise is more like a loud hummm , it can be heard and felt mostly in 5th gear at 2200 rpm -2900. There's no noise or vibration above 2900 rpm. Wot there's no Vibration from 0 rpm to 7500 rpm. This was only noticeable after i changed over to the steeda uca. My installer installed and set both mounts the whiteline and the steeda, using the same pinion angle with my Shaftmasters driveshaft. I haven't installed my new dss because I'm waiting on an off road x from stainless works and my roush mount is on its way!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
You could go with a better UCA than both and get a METCO. There are reasons companies and track teams use METCO.... and whiteline. Didn't PAS use all whiteline last year and get 2nd place in Iron Horse? The original story of the broken UCA was a used UCA in which WL still refunded the buyer of the used UCA while also reimbursing him all labor costs. I just heard a story of a guy who broke a Steeda spring.. I'm sorry.... rebranded Vogtland springs and Steeda didn't replace for free oh, they gave him a "good" deal.

You're taking advantage of a situation in which only makes YOU look bad. You don't really hear about the WL issue all that much and why? WL handled the situation professionally and quickly. A company trying to save money wouldn't refund everyone or issue a recall. Last I also checked, WL is world wide... Steeda isn't. What racing teams use Steeda? None.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Old 07-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
indeed.
I love the "good" deal part. Lol
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Got my roush mount today .. Its a solid piece looking forward to getting it mounted. this is my 3rd mount.. What's cool is my car sits only 1/4 inch lower in the back then the roush suspension kit and if i need to i can adjust the ride height with my Whiteline watts link. it should work great with my new dss driveshaft...and the rest of my suspension!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

Good info. Haha and i know exactly what UCA the "x" brand is haha.
Tell us please. I'm worried that its Whiteline. Please say it ain't so.
Sakol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:47 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It is an old whiteline. Didn't WL make better ones? Newer ones I mean?
Sakol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Hmm. I think I am changing my mind yet again.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

No word on whitelines new mount, i know their still gonna use a crush sleeve for pinion angle adjustment, thats about it!
Old 07-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Agree with others - this is cheesy comparing your product to a known failed design, and one that the original manufacturer has been refunding willingly.
mmike87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

They actually emailed me an entire article written up about this.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

We, Steeda as a company, think it is prudent to inform consumers of possible safety issues when buying a product with known failures.

We didn't mention any names or do this in a tasteless manner. Many consumers had not seen the failures that occurred and were appreciative of us bringing it to their attention.

From this article ... a consumer is free to decide which part or parts they wish to order.

We were just as Mustang Week this past weekend and we had a consumer come up to us and tell us he just recently purchased brand X and he didn't know about the failures.

Now ... even though they are re-designing their product ... would you feel comfortable purchasing their old-design, which are still being sold by other companies, without being communicated to of the parts potential problems?

Best Regards,

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 07-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj@steeda View Post
We, Steeda as a company, think it is prudent to inform consumers of possible safety issues when buying a product with known failures.

We didn't mention any names or do this in a tasteless manner. Many consumers had not seen the failures that occurred and were appreciative of us bringing it to their attention.

From this article ... a consumer is free to decide which part or parts they wish to order.

We were just as Mustang Week this past weekend and we had a consumer come up to us and tell us he just recently purchased brand X and he didn't know about the failures.

Now ... even though they are re-designing their product ... would you feel comfortable purchasing their old-design, which are still being sold by other companies, without being communicated to of the parts potential problems?

Best Regards,

TJ
Who is still selling the old arm? We should pass this information on to Whiteline since they requested all their vendors pull the product. That would be a lot more constructive, and beneficial to the community, then trashing them in public.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Agreed with Napoleon. You didnt mention their name but showed their product, same thing. The customer at MW shouldn't blame WL for just buying the UCA rather the company who sold it. There is a recall on the product so you, Steeda as a company are not informing people rather trying to smear the name of a company. ... a company much bigger than Steeda no less.

This isn't the first time you've guys tried to smear the reputation of a company by "informing" consumers. Brand J ring a bell? Probably why I would go with "brand J" or airaid rather than Steeda, at least they're not out trying to "inform" consumers by bashing competitors.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Agreed with Napoleon. You didnt mention their name but showed their product, same thing. The customer at MW shouldn't blame WL for just buying the UCA rather the company who sold it. There is a recall on the product so you, Steeda as a company are not informing people rather trying to smear the name of a company. ... a company much bigger than Steeda no less.

This isn't the first time you've guys tried to smear the reputation of a company by "informing" consumers. Brand J ring a bell? Probably why I would go with "brand J" or airaid rather than Steeda, at least they're not out trying to "inform" consumers by bashing competitors.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

This isn't something new in marketing & advertising ... if you came to a conclusion that resulted in the naming of x company ... then it is what it is.

Go back and look at marketing campaigns like Comast, Arbys, Apple ... it is not smearing the competition ... it is showing the differences and educating the consumers.

Not everyone is going to like all advertising & marketing campaigns, but we fill we educated consumers and provided the Steeda difference when it comes to Steeda vs. the competition.

Best Regards,

TJ

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

The consumer did not mention who he purchased the product from or if they sent an email informing him of the product being discontinued.

Best Regards,

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 07-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Not sure how big other competitors are ... but I can tell you what Steeda has in regards to facilities.

I welcome you to come tour our 100,000 square foot manufacturing facility here in Valdosta GA so you can see for yourself. It's fully equipped with almost a dozen CNC machines(mills and lathes), a CNC tube bender, 3 full time welders, a state of the art Wagner powdercoating system and a team of a half a dozen assemblers putting together products all day.

All of our Steeda parts are built right here in the U.S.A. ... by the American worker. We also sell globally too.

Here are the facilities that we own in Pompano Beach, Fl:

In the end ... you are free to purchase products from others ... we just want to educate the consumer in regards to why we think our products are the best ... and why we would we be in business if we thought other wise?

Best Regards,

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 07-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #23
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
TJ, is Steeda an ME sponsor?

Not here to bash either or any company.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Tj can you put together a comparison between your products vs BMR, Metco, Upr Jpc and any other mount that doesnt have a known issue. This info would be more useful for all future buyers. comparing your product to a failed product isn't useful at this stage of the game. Who knows you might get a few more sales!
Old 07-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

We do compare our products to other products ... you saw in the bottom of the article that we compared our bushing to a "unfailed" product ... we did it with Brand "j" and we will continue to educate the consumers.

I am told our sponsorship coordinator spoke to Mustang Evolution about sponsorship but I am not sure if we are or not ... I will get on it and make sure we become one either way.

Best Regards,

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 07-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #26
Registered Member

Regular

Awesome to hear. I am a huge fan of Steeda, as I am sure several others on here are.

I understand the sales approach. Go to where the people are.
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:44 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
How is what TJ did any different than "The Pepsi Challenge"? I never heard anybody gripe about that!

Oh wait, it IS different, he didn't mention the competitive products name...

Good information for potential UCA buyers- thanks TJ!
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
bellski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #28
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellski View Post
How is what TJ did any different than "The Pepsi Challenge"? I never heard anybody gripe about that!

Your right. It's the same thing I guess.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #29
Registered Member

Regular

I personally would rather buy from a company who is seeking us out for the sale. Why? Because if the product was crap and u get on here and say its crap, they are gonna be much more likely to try to fix the problem. That's just my opinion, if it makes sense.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Good products, If only they had customer service to back it.
NDstang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

I'm another longtime Steeda fan. IMHO their business ethics, parts and service are second to none!
Old 07-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

NDStang ...

What were or are you uhappy with in regards to our customer service? We make customer service our number 1 priority ... I am on the boards all the time and I have seen a lot of thank yous ... like soflaboss. When there is a problem I look to resolve it asap.

Let me know what you are unhappy with and give Steeda a chance to help out.

You can always reach me at tim@steeda.com.

Best Regards,

TJ
www.steeda.com
Win A $300 Gift Card
Old 07-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellski View Post

My only argument is their sales pitch is against an already recalled product. Just bad taste in my opinion. Its subjective, I know.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:38 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Tj show folks how much more superior your upper strut mounts are compared to stock and gt-500 mounts i have a set and love them! Some folks look at price but when you hear all the issues folks have trying to lower their cars and either re-use the stock ones mounts or upgrade to the gt-500 mounts, they are worth every penny!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT