What mod next? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
What mod next?

I have been going back and forth on what to do to my mustang next. I can either finish up the suspension with BMR LCAs and relo brackets and UCA and bracket or go for more power and get the JLT carbon fiber CAI and SCT Tuner combo from hypermotive performance who uses VMP tunes which i heard are kick *** and a lethal off road h pipe? Right now the suspension I am satisfied with. I dont get much wheelhop anymore but i can easily see the stock LCA angles are off but it doesn't seem to be that bad. I only have ~3600 miles on the car and as we all no a tune says bye bye to the warranty. However, the dealer where i purchased my car from is owned by a family friend so i doubt he'll bust my ***** for a tune as long as Ford stays outs of it. If anything serviced is required i will reflash to stock even though i no they can still tell the car had a tune on it. Do dealers automatically check for a tune or anything is you go in for service? ANyways what would you guys do, the mods i have are in my signature. Thanks
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey8 View Post
I have been going back and forth on what to do to my mustang next. I can either finish up the suspension with BMR LCAs and relo brackets and UCA and bracket or go for more power and get the JLT carbon fiber CAI and SCT Tuner combo from hypermotive performance who uses VMP tunes which i heard are kick *** and a lethal off road h pipe? Right now the suspension I am satisfied with. I dont get much wheelhop anymore but i can easily see the stock LCA angles are off but it doesn't seem to be that bad. I only have ~3600 miles on the car and as we all no a tune says bye bye to the warranty. However, the dealer where i purchased my car from is owned by a family friend so i doubt he'll bust my ***** for a tune as long as Ford stays outs of it. If anything serviced is required i will reflash to stock even though i no they can still tell the car had a tune on it. Do dealers automatically check for a tune or anything is you go in for service? ANyways what would you guys do, the mods i have are in my signature. Thanks
I would finish your suspension. Atleast with an adjustable UCA and mount. Your pinion angle is off and you need to correct it. Trust me. I blew my pinion seal after only putting 5k miles on the car after dropping it.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
^ that. I would correct your angle before adding more power. Better to make sure you don't cause any possible wear and tear on the car before adding more power.
NDstang05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

I would finish your suspension. Atleast with an adjustable UCA and mount. Your pinion angle is off and you need to correct it. Trust me. I blew my pinion seal after only putting 5k miles on the car after dropping it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDstang05 View Post
^ that. I would correct your angle before adding more power. Better to make sure you don't cause any possible wear and tear on the car before adding more power.
Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be finishing up the suspension and hang on to my operetta warranty for a few more months! Going in for it's first oil change next Thursday.
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Old 07-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey8 View Post

Thanks guys. Looks like I'll be finishing up the suspension and hang on to my operetta warranty for a few more months! Going in for it's first oil change next Thursday.
Smart call man. Glad to help. I kept putting off my UCA and mount as well, and unfortunately paid the price with a blown pinion seal. Luckily Ford covered it under warranty though.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Smart call man. Glad to help. I kept putting off my UCA and mount as well, and unfortunately paid the price with a blown pinion seal. Luckily Ford covered it under warranty though.
Yeah i think thats the right move right now. Car has plenty of power so the tune/cai and o/r h can wait a couple months.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT