Mods???? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Mods????

I got 5.0 13, and I am looking to add some mods that will help me get a quicker launch as well as support mods. I have the ford racing 624 blower kit, Barton short throw, ford racing exhaust, fat tires. But that is it. What would be a smart investment if I am trying to make sure the car handles the hp. Thanks
Charged13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged13 View Post
I got 5.0 13, and I am looking to add some mods that will help me get a quicker launch as well as support mods. I have the ford racing 624 blower kit, Barton short throw, ford racing exhaust, fat tires. But that is it. What would be a smart investment if I am trying to make sure the car handles the hp. Thanks
Depends on how much $$$ you want to spend. I have ford racing billet lower control arms and the roush wheel hop reduction kit and my car launches hard. You could also try stiffer springs or coil overs in the rear.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Suspension!

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah...I guess I am also concerned about the internals of the engine, the stresses that might have increased from the power. What is some typical parts that fail.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Suspension, headers will free up some back pressure and actually lower the lbs of boost you're running by about .5-1lbs. Next upgrade could be a clutch..... you'll eventually need one, then a driveshaft.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged13 View Post
Charged13,

In order to gain more traction, you're definitely going to want to upgrade the LCA's and UCA. The factory units suffice for a stock car, but with additional bolt-ons you'll need something with more rigidity, let along with a supercharged car.

We've had a lot of success and great feedback with the J&M LCA's and adj Steeda UCA. They're both made from a very high quality steal to handle some serious power and abuse. You'll find launching to be a much easier task with these guys paired together!

There's also a few other components that come into play with traction. However, the control arms are the best places to start. From there you can go a few different ways depending on your budget. So, if you need any additional assistance, please let me know!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

Charged13,

In order to gain more traction, you're definitely going to want to upgrade the LCA's and UCA. The factory units suffice for a stock car, but with additional bolt-ons you'll need something with more rigidity, let along with a supercharged car.

We've had a lot of success and great feedback with the J&M LCA's and adj Steeda UCA. They're both made from a very high quality steal to handle some serious power and abuse. You'll find launching to be a much easier task with these guys paired together!

There's also a few other components that come into play with traction. However, the control arms are the best places to start. From there you can go a few different ways depending on your budget. So, if you need any additional assistance, please let me know!

Shane
Thanks...I will hit your site and check them out!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT