Is this possible? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-26-2013, 09:49 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengnd View Post

Yeah unfortunately this one thread won't answer all your questions, but a good start. You will have to do research on brands and parts. Same with labor. By a local shop, dealer or DIY it is all going to very. There are so many threads about brands parts and installs. You should be able to find ball park figures so you know what to expect when you start looking. Another point is to search other forums not just ME, there are folks out there that have their favorite places to post and there are tons of info. My suggestion find the first mod research it and look for videos on YT as well. You can also go to car shows or cruise ins to talk with people see and hear what they have.
Yea there is a really cool drive in burger joint here in Dallas called Keller's. Been there since Before I was born. Bunch of gear heads show up there and man those guys KNOW THEIR STUFF. I mean some of these guys have owned muscle cars all their life. Fun hearing them talk about all kinds of stuff.
Anthony214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony214 View Post

Yea there is a really cool drive in burger joint here in Dallas called Keller's. Been there since Before I was born. Bunch of gear heads show up there and man those guys KNOW THEIR STUFF. I mean some of these guys have owned muscle cars all their life. Fun hearing them talk about all kinds of stuff.
That my friend is where you need to start looking.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:49 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by black8thelement View Post
op my best advice is write down five mods you want to work on flip a quarter and let fate decide for you because you will get answers for eternity ... Do what's best for you bro these are all suggestions. Everybody has different roads to travel to get to where they want their ride to get too ... Good luck with your build bro
you have a 5 sided quarter!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 01:31 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
I'm going to be in the minority here & recommend the FIRST mod you should put any money into should be wheels, tires, brakes. You get more bang for the buck for daily driving, road coarse, and the occasional race if you can actually put your power to the pavement, and stop better. It's also better for your overall safety. My GT had the Brembo 19x9" wheels, I put on some good 275/35-19 front & 285/35-19 rears for daily driving, and picked up some used Roush 18x10" wheels for cheap to run sticky tires on. There's a great dragstrip and racetrack 10 minutes away from my house. Some Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tires or equivalent (Nitto NT-01, NT-05, Toyo R888,Advan A048 etc) will make a night & day difference in your confidence & ability to push your car to it's true limits. Any future mods are supported better than you'd have with OEM or cheap replacement tires...
Grey 2011 GT Brembo, 3.73, ARH LT headers, catted x-pipe, Borla GT500 A/B, JLT cf CAI, MGW shifter, SCT, tuned, Boss oil cooler, Ford Racing springs & adj shocks, GT500 strut mounts, Steeda adj panhard/upper & lower arms. Roush 18x10" wheels with PS2 fronts, R888 305's rear. Eibach GT500 adj swaybars, Boss IM/Strut bar/steering wheel, Ford Racing 90mm TB, GT500 wing, BMR relo brackets, DSS aluminum driveshaft, Cervini Cobra R hood, 2014 GT500 headlight & rear end retrofit...
Matt K is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT