what is the Best mustang exhaust - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-21-2013, 03:14 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
How do you get around smog tests or whatever tests you have in your state if you delete cats and or resonators? I'm in Nevada and going to look into some exhaust mods but want to stay legal, but want a little more than stock sound, so I was thinking just an axle back but want can I do ....how far can I go to stay legal?
Lvsmc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2013, 03:14 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
Borla is no doubt one of the highest quality $$ can buy... U pay for what u get, these are the Borla S types... Just deleted my resonators... This is a crappy iPhone video, doesn't capture the sound very well, but u get the idea

http://youtu.be/aTrTAOmLVvY
Does it make a big enough difference when taking the resonators off? And if so where did you get the deletes? Or can I just get an exhaust shop to cut them off and weld a piece of pipe?
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:08 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoy415 View Post

One hour of labor is 125.00 dollars out here on the west coast it took almost an hour and a half ......what's 250 anyways
When I make almost 70k a year it's a drop in the bucket....
Whatever you say mr money bags... Enjoy throwing your money away, and letting people rape you by charging 1.5 hrs for a 30 min job.
FYI arrogance does not fly very well around here. We tend to avoid the topic of annual salaries.

---------- Post added at 07:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dloza05 View Post

Does it make a big enough difference when taking the resonators off? And if so where did you get the deletes? Or can I just get an exhaust shop to cut them off and weld a piece of pipe?
Deleting the resonators really wakes up the borlas. And yes, any exhaust shop will just be able to weld in a piece of straight pipe for you.

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvsmc14 View Post
How do you get around smog tests or whatever tests you have in your state if you delete cats and or resonators? I'm in Nevada and going to look into some exhaust mods but want to stay legal, but want a little more than stock sound, so I was thinking just an axle back but want can I do ....how far can I go to stay legal?
If you have visual smog tests you wont be able to delete the cats. A tune will prevent you from throwing a CEL, and will get you past the scanner, but obviously there is no no way to fake a visual. Technically its illegal to remove the cats in ANY state because they are a federal requirement, but I've never heard of anybody actually getting a fine for it.
You can however delete the resonators. That in no way will effect your emissions, and will get you a little more sound.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2013, 06:29 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
you could gut your cats, or weld dummy cats around your midpipe if you have a visual check.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dloza05 View Post

O yea they made a very significant difference sound wise, I'd say above 4-5k rpms,... Below that's its a out normal, and still no added drone.... This is with the Borla S type, I can't say the same for others, I was asked already if I had a full exhuast
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
you could gut your cats, or weld dummy cats around your midpipe if you have a visual check.
It will still fail a sniffer
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

It will still fail a sniffer
What states do a sniffer test for OBD2 cars? All it should be for the majority is the scanner and visual. Although i could be wrong, i believe the only use the sniffer for OBD1 cars now.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 07-21-2013, 07:22 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

What states do a sniffer test for OBD2 cars? All it should be for the majority is the scanner and visual. Although i could be wrong, i believe the only use the sniffer for OBD1 cars now.
I don't know honestly. I don't have emissions lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

I don't know honestly. I don't have emissions lol
Lucky! Lol. Im in Northern Virginia, where they are pretty strict, and they dont use them here on OBD2, so im fairly sure im right about the sniffer. But who knows what crazy crap other states are trying to do to ruin our fun these days.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker79 View Post
I would not recommend the roush if you plan on doing any other exhaust additions later on. I had them when my car was stock and thought they sounded great, but once you add headers, larger mid pipes, or high flow cats, those roush mufflers just sound annoying. Plane and simple: they are great for a STOCK car, not a modified car. I switched over to RTRs since they were a 3" inlet (better flow vs 2.75) and toned the exhaust down a bit.
So if the roush will get ruin and noisy after adding other mods then what should I go for ? And hows kooks and ford racing cat backs are they good? I wana have a louder sound than stock but I dont want to remove anything which is illegal like the catalics because the warranty will be dropped as they told me..
Raisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:22 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisi View Post

So if the roush will get ruin and noisy after adding other mods then what should I go for ? And hows kooks and ford racing cat backs are they good? I wana have a louder sound than stock but I dont want to remove anything which is illegal like the catalics because the warranty will be dropped as they told me..
Not trying to sound like a d*** here, but have you read any of the info we have posted? We have literally said the same thing a few times. Let me sum it up for you one more time...

Roush - quite cruising, loud at WOT, sounds like crap without cats or LTs. Good for stock car.

Borla s-type - quiter deeper tone then roush. Sounds very good with resonator or cat delete.

GT500s - pretty quiet muffler, but sounds very good with full exhaust

Stay away from any muffler delete kit, unless you love drone.

Honestly if you're not doing any other exhaust work just go on YouTube, listen to multiple videos of all them, and buy what you like the best. You ask 100 people "which one sounds better" and you're probably gonna get 75 different answers. Exhaust is a personal preference. Buy what you like.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #47
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
One hour of labor is 125.00 dollars out here on the west coast it took almost an hour and a half ......what's 250 anyways
When I make almost 70k a year it's a drop in the bucket....[/QUOTE]

Huh? 70k is not much at all, definitely not enough to not worry about how it's spent. Unless you live with your parents or something. You probably net something around 4,000 a month. Take away rent/mortgage, car payment and insurance, gas, food, bills and you're probably not left with a whole lot of money.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hello everyone ....i own a 2013 gt mustang and recently i decided to get my care some new mods. Im not sure what to get though because i have no experience this is my first mustang and im simply in love with it .I wanted to get some axel backs and filter.unfortunately, i dunno what should i buy between corsa, borla and roush and which filter would suite them best.people said that borla exhausts are to loud and corsa give better performance im lost my budget is around 1200 including the shipment.
Thank you for your time
Well all the exhaust you listed are amazing and good choices I highly recommend you get on YouTube and listen to all of them because we are all different when it comes to sound some like raspy some like deep good luck with your choice!
Nasty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

Huh? 70k is not much at all, definitely not enough to not worry about how it's spent. Unless you live with your parents or something. You probably net something around 4,000 a month. Take away rent/mortgage, car payment and insurance, gas, food, bills and you're probably not left with a whole lot of money.
Just ignore him man. I dont want another thread to go to s*** because we started discussing and making arrogant comments about annual salaries. Let him throw away his money if he wants too.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty5.0 View Post

Well all the exhaust you listed are amazing and good choices I highly recommend you get on YouTube and listen to all of them because we are all different when it comes to sound some like raspy some like deep good luck with your choice!
Ive done that and I liked the borla roush and corsa but I only heard the roush in reality. ..I wanted to see what are the brands people prefer most..in my country mustangs are in the black list in other words police like to screw with mustang owners so I just was nervous on what to buy... Thanks again to all those who came and help me out. And sorry again for being little careful as I said im new to these stuff
Old 07-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ive done that and I liked the borla roush and corsa but I only heard the roush in reality. ..I wanted to see what are the brands people prefer most..in my country mustangs are in the black list in other words police like to screw with mustang owners so I just was nervous on what to buy... Thanks again to all those who came and help me out. And sorry again for being little careful as I said im new to these stuff
Good luck man. Just dont pay anybody to put them on, its super easy. If you have no other choice and have to have a shop install them, dont let them charge you more then an hour of labor.

BTW where are you from?
Old 07-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Good luck man. Just dont pay anybody to put them on, its super easy. If you have no other choice and have to have a shop install them, dont let them charge you more then an hour of labor.

BTW where are you from?
Thanks bro Don't my friend hooked me up im from Oman.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:39 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Just get borla dude.... Or Roush, or corsa.... Lol you'll be happy with all three
LovinmyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinmyGT View Post
Just get borla dude.... Or Roush, or corsa.... Lol you'll be happy with all three
Lol dont confuse him even more.

I agree though, cant go wrong with any of those three.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

Lol dont confuse him even more.

I agree though, cant go wrong with any of those three.
Yea haha your right
LovinmyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #56
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Huh? 70k is not much at all, definitely not enough to not worry about how it's spent. Unless you live with your parents or something. You probably net something around 4,000 a month. Take away rent/mortgage, car payment and insurance, gas, food, bills and you're probably not left with a whole lot of money.[/QUOTE]

It's enough to support my family and kids and pay rent and pay for my mustang it's all real.....and it's all expensive....as you know this pony habit isn't cheap .....I don't lie or exaggerate I just said how much my exhaust kit cost me and everyone has such a negative opinion where's the compassion....
PonyBoy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Hard for somebody to show you any compassion when you talk about throwing money away so nonchalant like it grows on trees. I dont know about you, but I work hard for my paycheck, and hate wasting money.... Regardless of my salary.

Ill give you the benefit of the doubt and toss it up to poor choice of words. Lets just move on before the thread heads in the wrong direction.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #58
Road Trip!

Quote:
Huh? 70k is not much at all, definitely not enough to not worry about how it's spent. Unless you live with your parents or something. You probably net something around 4,000 a month. Take away rent/mortgage, car payment and insurance, gas, food, bills and you're probably not left with a whole lot of money.[/QUOTE]

It's enough to support my family and kids and pay rent and pay for my mustang it's all real.....and it's all expensive....as you know this pony habit isn't cheap .....I don't lie or exaggerate I just said how much my exhaust kit cost me and everyone has such a negative opinion where's the compassion....

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Quote:

If I lived with my parents I would have a Shelby or Roush Stage 3 or something ridiculous and be in a different forum lol it's all good I'm just being real with how much my exhaust cost and everyone has a negative comment about being raped and overcharged ....how about some compassion for a fellow pony enthusiast....I work over fifty hours a week have two kids and an old lady who always wants me to do this and that lol ... I wish I even had time to work on my pony like some of you guys ...

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Quote:

Just ignore him man. I dont want another thread to go to s*** because we started discussing and making arrogant comments about annual salaries. Let him throw away his money if he wants too.
I'm not throwing away my money and I'm far from arrogant .... If you can't take honesty then you're the one with the issues ...for what it's worth I didn't mean to be arrogant with salaries I was just making a point that 250 isn't very much to me that's it...peace
Old 07-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Who cares about salaries. Let's just get back to the car talk...
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Look at this way that extra money you should on a proper install is money for the next mod ... You should only pay like. $80 if that do exhaust install
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

I just said toss it up to poor choice of words. No need to continue discussion of the topic man.... Ive already moved on.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #62
Road Trip!

If I had one complaint about my roush it would be the gurgling or bubbling noise that the car makes when you don't shift in higher rpms and your not on the gas.....can be annoying ....
Old 07-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
If I had one complaint about my roush it would be the gurgling or bubbling noise that the car makes when you don't shift in higher rpms and your not on the gas.....can be annoying ....
U mean when you leave the gas u hear some pop sounds cause I like that alot XD
Old 07-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #64
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

If I lived with my parents I would have a Shelby or Roush Stage 3 or something ridiculous and be in a different forum lol it's all good I'm just being real with how much my exhaust cost and everyone has a negative comment about being raped and overcharged ....how about some compassion for a fellow pony enthusiast....I work over fifty hours a week have two kids and an old lady who always wants me to do this and that lol ... I wish I even had time to work on my pony like some of you guys ...

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

I'm not throwing away my money and I'm far from arrogant .... If you can't take honesty then you're the one with the issues ...for what it's worth I didn't mean to be arrogant with salaries I was just making a point that 250 isn't very much to me that's it...peace[/QUOTE]

It's not about being arrogant. The bottom line is 70k isn't a lot of money in today's world, and I don't see how 250 could be like pennies to you if you make 70k, especially with a wife and kids.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #65
Road Trip!

Quote:

Then you should love the roush it's like snap crackle pop lol

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

Quote:

I'm not throwing away my money and I'm far from arrogant .... If you can't take honesty then you're the one with the issues ...for what it's worth I didn't mean to be arrogant with salaries I was just making a point that 250 isn't very much to me that's it...peace[/QUOTE]

It's not about being arrogant. The bottom line is 70k isn't a lot of money in today's world, and I don't see how 250 could be like pennies to you if you make 70k, especially with a wife and kids.[/QUOTE]

Cause my wife has a job and she helps pay the expenses....I'm blessed for that...
Old 07-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Who's bogarting the popcorn!!!
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

70k, 70k, 70k, do I here 75!!!!

Lol!!!
SystemCritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #68
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Guys, this thread has strayed far from its topic and if it doesn't go back to the topic it came from I'll have to close it. We have plenty of threads like this, I don't think we'll miss much if there was one less.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:42 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

Yea it even does that with the stock mufflers, its really just the way the car sounds
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #70
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

Yea it even does that with the stock mufflers, its really just the way the car sounds
The roush multiplies by like ten though....

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust