what is the Best mustang exhaust - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #71
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
The roush exhaust sounds like a motorcycle. Roush + o/rx sounds like a turbo deisel dump truck. I just think the borla sound is much more refined and sophisticated.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2013, 08:01 PM   #72
Road Trip!

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
The roush exhaust sounds like a motorcycle. Roush + o/rx sounds like a turbo deisel dump truck. I just think the borla sound is much more refined and sophisticated.
Yeah it kinda sounds like a Hog or even old school glass packs....
PonyBoy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
I'm assuming u have the Borla's? Axleback?? I just deleted my resonators this week, and finally drive it most of that day today....all I have to say is WOW!! Sounds like a full exhaust, if it sounds any louder, it'll ruin it
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #74
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

I'm assuming u have the Borla's? Axleback?? I just deleted my resonators this week, and finally drive it most of that day today....all I have to say is WOW!! Sounds like a full exhaust, if it sounds any louder, it'll ruin it
Yep. So how much louder was the resonater delete? Thinking about this myself
Old 07-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoy415 View Post

Yeah it kinda sounds like a Hog or even old school glass packs....
I disagree. The Roush has a very nice tone just cruising around and under normal acceleration. Yes it is loud as hell at WOT, and does sounds raspy with no cats, but they are very easy to keep quiet if you want. This is coming from personal experience. Not listening to YouTube videos.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #76
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post

I disagree. The Roush has a very nice tone just cruising around and under normal acceleration. Yes it is loud as hell at WOT, and does sounds raspy with no cats, but they are very easy to keep quiet if you want. This is coming from personal experience. Not listening to YouTube videos.
It sounds like that to me after 4k rpm.....and when I see the cops yes I can keep them quiet...they still look though while she bubbles and gurgles
Old 07-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It sounds like that to me after 4k rpm.....and when I see the cops yes I can keep them quiet...they still look though while she bubbles and gurgles
Yes above 4k they are pretty loud. Dont know about you, but im a manual, so i can be quiet in a split second if i need to, just by pushing in the clutch haha.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 07-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #78
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yes above 4k they are pretty loud. Dont know about you, but im a manual, so i can be quiet in a split second if i need to, just by pushing in the clutch haha.
For sure gotta have a manual , just throw it in neutral and use the brakes by themselves that cuts the noise real quick...I can't even tint my windows cause ill get pulled real wuick
Old 07-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

For sure gotta have a manual , just throw it in neutral and use the brakes by themselves that cuts the noise real quick...I can't even tint my windows cause ill get pulled real wuick
Just got a tint ticket on Friday lol. D*** cops doing nothing but pulling people over for crap like that. Stupid laws like that are nothing but revenue generators for the state. But i wont get started on that
Old 07-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #80
Road Trip!

Quote:

Just got a tint ticket on Friday lol. D*** cops doing nothing but pulling people over for crap like that. Stupid laws like that are nothing but revenue generators for the state. But i wont get started on that
The window tint is to protect us from the uv rays of the sun ......so when we get skin cancer we should sue the local police and state !!,
Old 07-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The window tint is to protect us from the uv rays of the sun ......so when we get skin cancer we should sue the local police and state !!,
Amen man haha. I was so pissed at this cop. He was just some power tripping dbag, jealous of my car i guess. Treating me like some street thug. This was at 5pm, im 26 years old, in a button down shirt, khakis, heading home from work. Unbelievable the way cops harass us. I have the upmost respect for police officers, but i have no respect for dbags like this who pull me over for pointless things like this, when there are other drivers flying by me at 15 over the limit. Haters man.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #82
Road Trip!

Quote:

Amen man haha. I was so pissed at this cop. He was just some power tripping dbag, jealous of my car i guess. Treating me like some street thug. This was at 5pm, im 26 years old, in a button down shirt, khakis, heading home from work. Unbelievable the way cops harass us. I have the upmost respect for police officers, but i have no respect for dbags like this who pull me over for pointless things like this, when there are other drivers flying by me at 15 over the limit. Haters man.
I got pulled in my 335i which i traded in for the fifty for tints and the cop about fifteen years my age asks me where do i keep my gun lol I told him they are at home...knock on wood I haven't got pulled in the stang..
Old 07-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #83
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Has anyone heard an '11+ GT with deleted resonators and stock mufflers?
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
Has anyone heard an '11+ GT with deleted resonators and stock mufflers?
I have, it's more gurgly burbly with with a sloppy weak tone
Old 07-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #85
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

I have, it's more gurgly burbly with with a sloppy weak tone
Boooo.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:44 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Boooo.
Your still on stock exhaust??
Old 07-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #87
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Your still on stock exhaust??
100% lol, I know, crazy right. Believe it or not, I actually don't want a loud exhaust. I've learned my lesson with the fart can on my 240sx. You start dropping gears and sliding around in parking lots with a noisy exhaust and someone is gonna call the cops.

I think I'm gonna do the LT's, delete the cats but keep my stock H pipe, mid pipe and mufflers.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

100% lol, I know, crazy right. Believe it or not, I actually don't want a loud exhaust. I've learned my lesson with the fart can on my 240sx. You start dropping gears and sliding around in parking lots with a noisy exhaust and someone is gonna call the cops.

I think I'm gonna do the LT's, delete the cats but keep my stock H pipe, mid pipe and mufflers.
Wow that's crazy!! A pair of axlebacks was my 1st mod after owning my new car only 2 weeks... With the setup your planning to do, u might as well get GT500 axlebacks for that almost perfect exhaust setup
Old 07-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:

Wow that's crazy!! A pair of axlebacks was my 1st mod after owning my new car only 2 weeks... With the setup your planning to do, u might as well get GT500 axlebacks for that almost perfect exhaust setup
Hows kooks cat back compared to borla s type? And Which is louder
Raisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #90
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

I might try them out. Everyone says those are the mildest sounding ab's.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:28 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Old 07-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisi View Post

Hard to say, Kooks hasn't been a popular axle/catback for these Mustangs... I personally don't know much about them, I heard Corsa is starting to get some praise lately
Old 07-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #93
Road Trip!

Quote:

I ordered my Roush axle backs and had them installed before I had five hundred miles on the car....gotta have that exhaust note first and foremost
Old 07-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I ordered my Roush axle backs and had them installed before I had five hundred miles on the car....gotta have that exhaust note first and foremost
+1. I ordered my axlebacks the night i brought it home from the dealer. And then rims/tires 2 days later hahaha
Old 07-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #95
Road Trip!

Quote:

+1. I ordered my axlebacks the night i brought it home from the dealer. And then rims/tires 2 days later hahaha
Is anything more addicting than mods for the mustang...
Old 07-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Im not working yet XD but I promised my stang that my first salary will be be spent on her
Old 07-22-2013, 03:37 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Gettin laid??? Lol only thing i can think of.
Although its hard to get addicted to that when your fiancé is constantly pissed off cause you spend to much time in the garage haha.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Gettin laid??? Lol only thing i can think of.
Although its hard to get addicted to that when your fiancé is constantly pissed off cause you spend to much time in the garage haha.
Lol you better find a good balance for both of them really quick bro, it don't get any easier after you're married.... "Happy Wife Happy Modding"
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post

Lol you better find a good balance for both of them really quick bro, it don't get any easier after you're married.... "Happy Wife Happy Modding"
Lmao... I know i know. Im just kidding around. Shes great, and definitely supports my hobby. I did however choose to work on the car one night, instead of going out to dinner for" date night".... Yeahhh ill never do that again. As long as the bills get paid on time she could care less where my extra money goes hahaha. Plus, i secretary think she enjoys looking good in the passenger seat lol.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisi View Post
Here's my car with the Kooks catback.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Hahahahaha yea don't miss those "date nights" and remember muscles in your face that move when you buy a new part. They can see when you really happy about something and when you're faking about being sooooo excited to go shopping all day ...
Old 07-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black8thElement View Post
Hahahahaha yea don't miss those "date nights" and remember muscles in your face that move when you buy a new part. They can see when you really happy about something and when you're faking about being sooooo excited to go shopping all day ...
Lmao. Yaayyyy shopping (sarcastic voice) hahah.

Its so not fair we do all our "shopping" online, yet they have to go to the store for everything. Man i wish there was a mustang parts vendor around here i could drag her too lol. Although she does always comes to the track with me.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #103
Road Trip!

Quote:

Lmao. Yaayyyy shopping (sarcastic voice) hahah.

Its so not fair we do all our "shopping" online, yet they have to go to the store for everything. Man i wish there was a mustang parts vendor around here i could drag her too lol. Although she does always comes to the track with me.
Here's what you do...when she wants to go to the mall all day, make her commit to going to autozone the next day. I know you probably don't go to autozone, but just take her down each isle and ask for her opinion on everything you see. She will never take you shopping again. When I got to the oil section my wife lost it and stormed off. We still had the battery and tire section to go!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Here's what you do...when she wants to go to the mall all day, make her commit to going to autozone the next day. I know you probably don't go to autozone, but just take her down each isle and ask for her opinion on everything you see. She will never take you shopping again. When I got to the oil section my wife lost it and stormed off. We still had the battery and tire section to go!
Hahahahaha
Old 07-22-2013, 05:20 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lmao yes! Brilliant! Ill pull the "i just wanna go in real quick and loooook" hahaha

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust