what is the Best mustang exhaust - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-19-2013, 06:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Exclamation what is the Best mustang exhaust

Hello everyone ....i own a 2013 gt mustang and recently i decided to get my care some new mods. Im not sure what to get though because i have no experience this is my first mustang and im simply in love with it .I wanted to get some axel backs and filter.unfortunately, i dunno what should i buy between corsa, borla and roush and which filter would suite them best.people said that borla exhausts are to loud and corsa give better performance im lost my budget is around 1200 including the shipment.
Thank you for your time
Raisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisi View Post
Hello everyone ....i own a 2013 gt mustang and recently i decided to get my care some new mods. Im not sure what to get though because i have no experience this is my first mustang and im simply in love with it .I wanted to get some axel backs and filter.unfortunately, i dunno what should i buy between corsa, borla and roush and which filter would suite them best.people said that borla exhausts are to loud and corsa give better performance im lost my budget is around 1200 including the shipment.
Thank you for your time
Ill make it easy for you because you're new....... try the search button. There are literally hundreds of threads just like this with all the info you need and more.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #3
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Thank you for your time
Filter? Forget that. And forget performance too. No axle back will give you any real performance gain. Anything exhaust from the mid pipe down is strictly for sound. If you get a mid pipe without cats, that's where performance comes into play. Same with headers, but still not much hp there either. With $1200 I would probably go with a borla s-type catback or I would do a borla axle back and save the $500 difference for suspension stuff.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I dont know why people keep saying longtubes doesnt really give you much, but.....they are wrong I gained 19 rwhp from just longtubes alone, id say 600.00 bucks for 19 hp is DAM GOOD...compared to all the other mods that give you nothing or very little for same price....I gained atleast 20 more hp removing cats, so if you want the biggest gains you can get without putting on a S/C , Longtubes and off road mid pipe is the way to go, not to mention the fact that your car will sound better than any other stang in your area most likely....
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #5
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post
I dont know why people keep saying longtubes doesnt really give you much, but.....they are wrong I gained 19 rwhp from just longtubes alone, id say 600.00 bucks for 19 hp is DAM GOOD...compared to all the other mods that give you nothing or very little for same price....I gained atleast 20 more hp removing cats, so if you want the biggest gains you can get without putting on a S/C , Longtubes and off road mid pipe is the way to go, not to mention the fact that your car will sound better than any other stang in your area most likely....
Well think of it this way...if you're someone that can't install headers yourself and have to pay a $500 installation. $1100 isn't really worth it for 19 hp. Especially when a o/r mid pipe will give you more and it's a fraction of the cost.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Order a Handheld tuner ($350, no install fee), Suspension parts, like lowering springs + necessary parts ($500-600) and save the other $150-200 until you can buy axle-backs and o/r x-pipe. No need to worry about shipment fee, American Muscle has free shipping!
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Well my friend has a garage so im sure he will hook me up with something.the thing is i live in Oman and american muscle don't provide free shipment there. i was planing on getting roush axel back and roush filter. i asked few friends some said corsa extreme because they sound greate and have good drone on highway and some said borla s type the only thing ive experienced was my friend 2012 gt with roush axels which i really loved and that was one of the reasons made me get my stang
Old 07-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Well think of it this way...if you're someone that can't install headers yourself and have to pay a $500 installation. $1100 isn't really worth it for 19 hp. Especially when a o/r mid pipe will give you more and it's a fraction of the cost.
I understand that , but think of it this way, pay for headers and off road mid pipe, get 40 hp and have every mod that you do after that be alot better, longtubes open the door for every performance mod you can do and believe it or not headers are very very easy on these cars to install, all you need is basic hand tools a jack and jackstands and a day....just my opinion.
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:

I understand that , but think of it this way, pay for headers and off road mid pipe, get 40 hp and have every mod that you do after that be alot better, longtubes open the door for every performance mod you can do and believe it or not headers are very very easy on these cars to install, all you need is basic hand tools a jack and jackstands and a day....just my opinion.
So what mods would be better? If he's not going fi, I can't think of that many. It doesn't mean much if your able to flow air better if there isn't more air to push.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I agree. At that price, even if you have to pay for the install, 40whp and a better sounding car is worth it. Yes, obviously you would notice even more benefit if you were going FI, because it lowers you boost pressure, but there are not many "bolt on" mods you can do to these cars to get more hp. Personally if i was willing to tune right now, and didnt have to deal with strict emissions testing, long tubes would not even be a consideration ... More like a must.
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Old 07-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Just my. 02
Old 07-19-2013, 08:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'll vote for magnaflows, any muff shop should be able to get 2 11in MF muffs with an x pipe for under $600 installed.
Molonlabemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molonlabemike View Post
I'll vote for magnaflows, any muff shop should be able to get 2 11in MF muffs with an x pipe for under $600 installed.
I found Magna cats greate price in my area but I didn't liked the sound I feel roush would be the one with bbk headers and steeda filter kit. But thank you for your help I still didn't decided my final decision but this is what I have in mind.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #14
Road Trip!

I love the sound and look of my roush axle back parts and install was around 700. I get tons if compliments and it sounds awesome besides who knows mustang better than Roush ??
PonyBoy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoy415 View Post
I love the sound and look of my roush axle back parts and install was around 700. I get tons if compliments and it sounds awesome besides who knows mustang better than Roush ??
"Parts and install was $700"!!!??? Roush go for about $470 on AM are you saying someone charged you $230 for the install of axel backs!? or did you get something else done?
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Stock 302 quad exhaust with restrictor plates removed
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #17
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty5.0 View Post

"Parts and install was $700"!!!??? Roush go for about $470 on AM are you saying someone charged you $230 for the install of axel backs!? or did you get something else done?
I paid the dealer 250 and the kit was 489 so closer to 750.... I didn't want to install myself my mechanic was injured my local muffler shop sucked and the other muffler guy didn't like installing axle back kits, so I took it to the dealer where i met my stang where I knew I would be overcharged but I wanted piece of mind knowing it would be done right. All my other mods have been installed by myself and my Pontiac loving cousin of a mechanic ......five stars for the roush kit !!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Dude if you paid 250 for an axleback install you got more then robbed. You were RAPED. I personally dont understand why anybody would pay to do them. Ita literally a 30-45 min job without even raising the car. TOPS someone should pay for an axleback install is 1 hr of labor.

Glad you love the Roush though... I love mine as well.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil2014GT View Post
Dude if you paid 250 for an axleback install you got more then robbed. You were RAPED. I personally dont understand why anybody would pay to do them. Ita literally a 30-45 min job without even raising the car. TOPS someone should pay for an axleback install is 1 hr of labor.

+1000
You shoulda shopped around I was quoted like 47 bucks and decided to do it myself cuz that was too high haha

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Oh and borla s-type. I have the axelbacks and they are the best! Beautiful sound
LovinmyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinmyGT View Post

+1000
You shoulda shopped around I was quoted like 47 bucks and decided to do it myself cuz that was too high haha

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Oh and borla s-type. I have the axelbacks and they are the best! Beautiful sound
I love the s type to but isn't it louder than the roush?
Old 07-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I love the s type to but isn't it louder than the roush?
No. The borla ATAKs are as loud as the Roush. The s types are a little tamer. But still pretty loud at WOT. Especially with the resonators taken out.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Um no.. I don't think so.. I'd say Roush is louder but the s types are a deep rumble. And that's what I was going for not exactly about how loud I could get them. But I've heard by many people here that cat deletes and o/r h pipe will make them louder and deeper which I think would be awesome! And they have zero drone even after the cat deletes with o/r x or h
LovinmyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No. The borla ATAKs are as loud as the Roush. The s types are a little tamer. But still pretty loud at WOT. Especially with the resonators taken out.
I see so if you're in my position what would you go for from the borlas or corsas or the roush? Considering the price and quality
Old 07-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I see so if you're in my position what would you go for from the borlas or corsas or the roush? Considering the price and quality
Depends on what your future plans are. If you think you will eventually get rid of the cats, or get long tubes, definitely go with the Borlas, the Roush sounds like crap without cats. If your only sticking with axlebacks and like a loud exhaust get the Roush. If you want something a little quiter with a deeper tone get the Borla or Corsa. You can never go wrong with Borla. but I love the my Roushs.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Borla is no doubt one of the highest quality $$ can buy... U pay for what u get, these are the Borla S types... Just deleted my resonators... This is a crappy iPhone video, doesn't capture the sound very well, but u get the idea

http://youtu.be/aTrTAOmLVvY
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-27245784.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	119490  
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
The Roush axle backs are by no means loud when cursing. I can barely hear them on the highway. Above 4k rpm they really come to life. The cat in the hat knew what he was doing when he designed them. As far as getting what you pay for, I feel I got a helluva lot more than I paid for.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
The Roush axle backs are by no means loud when cursing. I can barely hear them on the highway. Above 4k rpm they really come to life. The cat in the hat knew what he was doing when he designed them. As far as getting what you pay for, I feel I got a helluva lot more than I paid for.
+1000. I definitely agree
Old 07-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
Borla is no doubt one of the highest quality $$ can buy... U pay for what u get, these are the Borla S types... Just deleted my resonators... This is a crappy iPhone video, doesn't capture the sound very well, but u get the idea

http://youtu.be/aTrTAOmLVvY
Thank you very much for your help and time I really appreciate what you've done. And im sorry If I caused you any trouble. Im new to mustang this is my first mustang infact this the first time I look for mods
Old 07-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Glad to know that thank you
Old 07-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #30
Road Trip!

Quote:
The Roush axle backs are by no means loud when cursing.
What about when you're not using profanity?
Old 07-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

What about when you're not using profanity?
Thank you spelling police, I will do better officer.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyBoy415 View Post
Yea totally raped but too late now! It is an easy install! Bought mine and will be here Tuesday. we are doing them ourselves. But as long as you are happy with it who cares! LOL

OP...if I had 1200 I.would go with borla S type catback. But I didnt wanna spend that much and roush sounded really amazing for an axle back
Old 07-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I guess I can't knock anyone on getting a service done for peace of mind, even if gouged w/o lube, time is $$... My work schedule has been insane, I don't have time to get into little projects anymore... I don't even have time to drive my Stang anymore either I don't have time to wash the car either, so I found an excellent car wash that does an excellent job (even better than I would do it)and I'm very picky of who touches my ride, these Domincans take pride in their job. Moral of the story, do what u have to to get your mods done when u want. Glad your happy with ur exhaust!
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:34 PM   #34
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinmyGT View Post

+1000

Out here in California you don't get much service on the car for 47 dollars seriously....labor is 125.00 dollars an hour

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Quote:

One hour of labor is 125.00 dollars out here on the west coast it took almost an hour and a half ......what's 250 anyways
When I make almost 70k a year it's a drop in the bucket....
Old 07-21-2013, 01:07 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I would not recommend the roush if you plan on doing any other exhaust additions later on. I had them when my car was stock and thought they sounded great, but once you add headers, larger mid pipes, or high flow cats, those roush mufflers just sound annoying. Plane and simple: they are great for a STOCK car, not a modified car. I switched over to RTRs since they were a 3" inlet (better flow vs 2.75) and toned the exhaust down a bit.
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust