Rear seat delete ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Rear seat delete ?

Just wondering if anybody knows other companies making the delete? Looking into buying one and checking to see if anybody has found one that's sweet or fitment is perfect. Putting it in 2012 GT premium 401A.

What are you using in yours? Post a pic please if not much trouble and if so info or how much? I know a few have got creative , but I am looking to keep it pretty simple, drop little weight and the interior not look cheesy.
Was it worth it? I know we have threads on this over the years but I am thinking it's possible more than one company may have it now or maybe after a year or so in it's not holding up. Summer heat or whatever. Just looking for pro's and con's?

I found a friend local who has a 1000 miles or less probably on a 1-piece Alum. DS that I may be about to get for 3 to 400.00. I hope it's as great as all I've read. I like the rotation mass weight drop and the motor twisting freely quickly. Good stuff! He used on his stock height. I think only susp. mod was UCA and not sure if he had that. He knew he needed a lot of susp. work but is selling car ( Has Young Kids).Wonder if it'd done any premature wear? Doubt it with a 100 miles while not lowered at all or pinion angle corrections made I'm not sure. I'm all set want to see if I can get this first before buying a good UCA. In all honesty.....what is the best UCA setup (NOT SOLID ENDS) some of you have found. Indicate if you have 1- piece DS or not. MGW came in last week and I got a lot of work to do but I am recovering from surgery for now. Just gathering info.
Sorry for long and multiple questions but if some can chime in on this please do. Thanks in advance fellows!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

OK....This post didn't cut it. Too long and too many who are not or have not done delete. Probably better served to post elsewhere,but I will shorten in hopes it may get some bites.

Has anybody found a decent rear seat delete besides the one AM has to offer. Just exploring the options. Thanks!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
Old 07-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
OK....This post didn't cut it. Too long and too many who are not or have not done delete. Probably better served to post elsewhere,but I will shorten in hopes it may get some bites.

Has anybody found a decent rear seat delete besides the one AM has to offer. Just exploring the options. Thanks!
I know there is a thread on this with a really good looking delete. I want to say steeda makes it, but not sure. Whoever it was, it's a really good looking one, doesn't look cheap like the am one.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

How much you want to spend? The Laguna seca one is awesome, but over a grand. Many companies make rear seat deletes but most of them are literally plywood that's been upholstered with clips that secure them. I know of a few guys who have made their own, and you could easily mimic the Laguna seca brace if you had the fabrication skills. I prefer the FRPP brace myself, but id have to modify it to make it look a little better. Either way a brace that's functional and looks awesome is $$$
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post
How much you want to spend? The Laguna seca one is awesome, but over a grand. Many companies make rear seat deletes but most of them are literally plywood that's been upholstered with clips that secure them. I know of a few guys who have made their own, and you could easily mimic the Laguna seca brace if you had the fabrication skills. I prefer the FRPP brace myself, but id have to modify it to make it look a little better. Either way a brace that's functional and looks awesome is $$$
Thanks fellows....Yeah I know of all those pricey options, but I am for sure not buying any of those. I am looking for a realitively quick swap and not much money considering all it is. I quess my desire has AM wrote all over it for the answer but I just wish it was a tad better quality. Sounds like a piece of sh*t for real. I could make one but I would be better off to buy AM and see how it fits then use the AM as my Template and add areas that I don't like about AM and use a little thicker stronger back and better quality leather or some type finish. Hell if I perfect some thing I might start my own line of them but I bet I would not be able to make enough worth messing with them
Old 07-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Thanks fellows....Yeah I know of all those pricey options, but I am for sure not buying any of those. I am looking for a realitively quick swap and not much money considering all it is. I quess my desire has AM wrote all over it for the answer but I just wish it was a tad better quality. Sounds like a piece of sh*t for real. I could make one but I would be better off to buy AM and see how it fits then use the AM as my Template and add areas that I don't like about AM and use a little thicker stronger back and better quality leather or some type finish. Hell if I perfect some thing I might start my own line of them but I bet I would not be able to make enough worth messing with them
Trust me when I say it's not worth trying to make multiples of anything. People will nickel and dime the holy **** out of you. I used to make carbon fiber pieces one-off, and I was sitting on some of them awhile because people didn't respect the time it took to do good work. I would, in my opinion, get a decent seat delete and modify it to my liking. Maybe get a cheap version and have some fiberglassing done to it to make it unique. Maybe custom paint to match the exterior? The options are endless when designing your own piece and it would be paychecks cheaper than the boss seat delete.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I guess I dont understand...if you dont want to spend alot of money for a seat delete then your pretty much screwed... I have the AM one and for me it serves the purpose, cheap, looks ok, no brace, would love the brace but not spending 1200.00 or more for an interier mod, but the purpose of the delete is to save weight, and u wont find a lighter seat delete than AM's,
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT