Twin Turbo Setup - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

If you say so
Agreed 100%. I don't care what anybody says, when most good turbo setups cost 6-8k and even a good supercharger set up is 5-7k there is no way at all that the ON3 is any good..... There just isn't. I've talked to kurgan motorsports and the ON3 kits are great if you can build it yourself, they are not bolt on and go kits
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post

Agreed 100%. I don't care what anybody says, when most good turbo setups cost 6-8k and even a good supercharger set up is 5-7k there is no way at all that the ON3 is any good..... There just isn't. I've talked to kurgan motorsports and the ON3 kits are great if you can build it yourself, they are not bolt on and go kits
For the coyote it is. Have you ever seen one? Had experience with one? Or are you just repeating stuff you have heard?
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post

For the coyote it is. Have you ever seen one? Had experience with one? Or are you just repeating stuff you have heard?
Have you had one? Or are you just reading their website?
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Have you had one? Or are you just reading their website?
Have 2 friends with one. And im about to order one. Right now I have a fully forged motor and a 250 shot of nitrous. So next time you try to be a smart *** get your **** straight
Old 09-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Kurgan performance, they owner of which tuned my car him self, has built 2 and he tells people they are no good. Kurgan btw are the ones who are known for coyote swap fox body's so they do know them. And yes I have seen the twin setup on a 2013 in savannah and it looked fine but the guy also built it in his garage so he was very good with cars

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote:

Have 2 friends with one. And im about to order one. Right now I have a fully forged motor and a 250 shot of nitrous. So next time you try to be a smart *** get your **** straight
In that case you know more than I do and it's your car so you do what you want but 99.9% of the time you get what you pay for and even more so dealing with cars. But if you have personal experience with them then I wish you best of luck and hope it turns out great. I think it's a badass setup if it works
Old 09-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Calm down buddy you are the one that got the smart *** on lol. I'm sorry but if I ever FI my car I won't be putting that cheap sh1t in it. Just my two cents but if you have a fully forged motor, why wouldn't you put on quality parts with it? Im sure you didn't cheap out on your internals.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

On 3 kit is alot better than most others (for the coyote) hellions single is a joke. High boost it has to much back pressure. Oil scavenger pump goes out. For the hellion single to be good. You need to go to a oilless turbo. Redue hot piping. Also need to open wastegate and cap off the pipe. (This is all for high boost) alot of problems out of that for a 6k price tag.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
On 3 kit is alot better than most others (for the coyote) hellions single is a joke. High boost it has to much back pressure. Oil scavenger pump goes out. For the hellion single to be good. You need to go to a oilless turbo. Redue hot piping. Also need to open wastegate and cap off the pipe. (This is all for high boost) alot of problems out of that for a 6k price tag.
Agree with you on the hellion. If I was to get a turbo (which I never will) I would get the JPC single turbo kit or the one from power by the hour on the coyote that went over 200mph
Old 09-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Agree with you on the hellion. If I was to get a turbo (which I never will) I would get the JPC single turbo kit or the one from power by the hour on the coyote that went over 200mph
Yes jpc probally had the best kit out right now. 76mm complete kit for 6,800 you cant beat it. Mine will be on3 or possibly JPC.
Old 09-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

I'm getting a JPC. That's what I had on my gt500 and I never had a single issue with it other than tuning at first
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
If I has a trust worthy person or shop that could tell me that the on3 is a good kit then I will order one right away because the price is crazyyy. But all of the people/ shops say it is low quality parts and nightmare fitment.

I am just repeating what I been told, I wish someone could confirm this 100% or see the kit myself. But if It was any good at 3k would be a no brainer lol
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
If I has a trust worthy person or shop that could tell me that the on3 is a good kit then I will order one right away because the price is crazyyy. But all of the people/ shops say it is low quality parts and nightmare fitment.

I am just repeating what I been told, I wish someone could confirm this 100% or see the kit myself. But if It was any good at 3k would be a no brainer lol
The turbos are made on the same assembly line as john lunds twin turbo kit turbos are. Alot of the big name shops here in tx recommend the kit
Old 09-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The turbos are made on the same assembly line as john lunds twin turbo kit turbos are. Alot of the big name shops here in tx recommend the kit
What install quotes have u gotten??
I was quoted from 2500 to 3000 wtfffff
Old 09-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Clearly, you will get many different opinions on this. As with just about every product.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

6k tunned out the door with injectors. Thats with them.buying the on3 kit and id1000 injectors
Old 09-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

6k tunned out the door with injectors. Thats with them.buying the on3 kit and id1000 injectors
Does the kit run hot in the miami heat??
Is it true that the paxton/ centri is the coldest way if FI?
Old 09-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Well I see I got this thread kicked up again.. Lol didn't mean to get such a stir going.. Just wasn't sure... I emailed them earlier and got a quote of $3799+ shipping .. For 2011 -- 5.0
thecos54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Does the kit run hot in the miami heat??
Is it true that the paxton/ centri is the coldest way if FI?
I have no idea bud. I have never been to miami. Coldest way of FI would actually be nitrous. Your air intake temp can drop 70+ degrees
Old 09-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have no idea bud. I have never been to miami. Coldest way of FI would actually be nitrous. Your air intake temp can drop 70+ degrees
Centrifugals usually run 10-15* above ambient at all times. They are the coolest way to supercharge your vehicle unless you add things like a killer chiller, methane, or a little shot like you said
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLwhat View Post

Centrifugals usually run 10-15* above ambient at all times. They are the coolest way to supercharge your vehicle unless you add things like a killer chiller, methane, or a little shot like you said
Nitrous will be better at dropping temperature better than anything. Everytime i spray my temp drops 70+ degrees. If you run a centri blower I would run nitrous with it to make up for the tq. At least a 100 shot.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:41 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did you ever get your turbos? Who was the shop that did them? I live in Houston BTW...
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGHOSS5.0 View Post

Did you ever get your turbos? Who was the shop that did them? I live in Houston BTW...
No not yet, my stock motor went bye bye a while ago. I am fully forged with a big shot of nitrous. Nitrous is currently coming off car now. She will have the on3 kit with the twin 67's from them sometime after the first of the year.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Its lethal performance in san atonio TX, who does all my work.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:40 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

I'm gonna vote no and if you want use the search function and read up on them. A guy recent had one grenade his motor after we told him not to go cheap. He is now over $10k into his new motor
Wasn't the turbo that's the fault. It was the tuner giving it to the car without a tune.

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

Quote:

False. Have one on my car and it made wicked power and was an easy bolt on install that took one full day. Made 517 rwhp on 8/9 psi. Worked so good, blew the motor haha! Blew it because I beat the **** out of it while it was pushing an unsafe amount.

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Quote:

Do the install yourself man. With turbos its fairly straight forward and easy. Mine took one full day.
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No not yet, my stock motor went bye bye a while ago. I am fully forged with a big shot of nitrous. Nitrous is currently coming off car now. She will have the on3 kit with the twin 67's from them sometime after the first of the year.

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Its lethal performance in san atonio TX, who does all my work.
I'm not trying to start anything here...but I found this. IDK if it true or not...but someone went to a lot of trouble to find out stuff on this guy at Lethal Performance

Lethal Performance - San Antonio, TX

http://www.lonestarstangs.com/thread...ormance.70814/
Old 12-12-2013, 12:30 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm not trying to start anything here...but I found this. IDK if it true or not...but someone went to a lot of trouble to find out stuff on this guy at Lethal Performance

Lethal Performance - San Antonio, TX

http://www.lonestarstangs.com/thread...ormance.70814/
I have been using them for a year now. No complaints they have done everything on my car. Built my motor and all
Old 12-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have been using them for a year now. No complaints they have done everything on my car. Built my motor and all
Cool, just looking out bro...
Old 12-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

So if you dont like them who cares? They are dam good at what they do and if you dont have the $$ find a new fkn hobby that simple

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

Quote:

Cool, just looking out bro...
I know you are man. The reviews suck. My last comment was for the negative reviews
Old 12-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So if you dont like them who cares? They are dam good at what they do and if you dont have the $$ find a new fkn hobby that simple

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

I know you are man. The reviews suck. My last comment was for the negative reviews
I don't care either way. I do my own work, because I like to work/tinker on my car. I just thought it was funny to find more negative posts about them then positive. If you like them that is great. It appears they have built you a fast car. I was not trying to start anything, just passing along information.

Just fyi, after doing some research from people in the know and not arm chair mechanics...That ON3 TT set up is a beast with proper tuning. People need to do there homework and research products before just repeating what they herd on some forum thread...
Old 12-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

I dont have time to do my own work. I work 15+ hours a day
Old 12-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't care either way. I do my own work, because I like to work/tinker on my car. I just thought it was funny to find more negative posts about them then positive. If you like them that is great. It appears they have built you a fast car. I was not trying to start anything, just passing along information.

Just fyi, after doing some research from people in the know and not arm chair mechanics...That ON3 TT set up is a beast with proper tuning. People need to do there homework and research products before just repeating what they herd on some forum thread...
Is your on3 kit comment directed towards me?
Old 12-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

Sigh. Here we go....
08mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08mustanggt View Post

Sigh. Here we go....
It was a question
Old 12-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No, it was backing what you said about having experience and not just repeating what you hear...
Old 12-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

No, it was backing what you said about having experience and not just repeating what you hear...
+1. Just checking lol. It is a dam good kit. They are running 9.2 at 150+ with the off the shelf kit with there upgraded 67mm turbos
Old 12-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1. Just checking lol. It is a dam good kit. They are running 9.2 at 150+ with the off the shelf kit with there upgraded 67mm turbos
Yeah, I will be happy with the 60mm TT kit. Everyday driving and some Friday/Saturday night pulls. I will be happy with 550 whp.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT