Clearance issues. Advice greatly appreciated - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #1

Region: Wisconsin
Clearance issues. Advice greatly appreciated

Hey all,

Recently I replaced the stock exhaust and suspension on my 2013 Gt. I went with the magnaflow competition catback exhaust and eibach pro system plus. The car looks, sounds, and handles awesome and I am pleased with the results. However, after driving the car around for a week I noticed a clinking sound coming from the rear. This occurs only when driving over significant bumps or on ****ty roads. My buddy and I were able to pinpoint the source and we found out that the exhaust was making contact with the rear axle. Everything is in the optimal position and installed correctly. There really is no where left for us to move stuff around. We thought maybe we should replace the rear springs with something stiffer. Magnaflow suggested dimpling the pipes at the point of contact. Before we do this I wanted to see if anyone had other suggestions.

Thanks
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I agree with magnaflow,if you move things around your exaust tips might not line up right.
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefron50 View Post
I agree with magnaflow,if you move things around your exaust tips might not line up right.
+1
2014 Mustang GT Base MT82 -Stock 3.73s, Roush axleback, Steeda 93R tune, Steeda Hi-flow X-pipe, 19" Charcoal AMR's, smoked front and rear side markers, 20% tint, quarter window louvers, Steeda Ultralite springs, Koni Str.t shocks/struts, MM camber plates, J&M adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCAs and relo brackets, Barton shifter and 2-post bracket, Black Modern Billet Grilles
Evil2014GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I had same issues with the magnaflow, the only option is to heat up the pipe where it hits and beat it in with a hammer, i know it sounds bad but it solves the problem and it takes literally five minutes to do, or put on the factory over the axle pipes, if you notice they have alot of dents for clearance, mine hit on the vent and on passenger side axle...
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:39 PM   #5

Region: Wisconsin
Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I've also been thinking about adding an x-pipe. Any thoughts?
Dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I replaced the resonators so the muffler shop made the rightside slightly smaller so the tips are even and exaust is a bit louder.
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #7

Region: California
I have the exact same issue. Exact. So much so that my axle fluid is leaking out because the exhaust hits so hard on the breather. Stiffer shocks really would do the trick. Preferably, Koni Yellows. I've had an exhaust shop re adjust the pipes which was horrible. Had to cut them, reposition the over axle pipes and then head the pipes up right in front of the muffler and bend the pipes so that the mufflers and tip lined up remotely symmetrical.
1SLO4V is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT