2012 mustang and sct - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
2012 mustang and sct

Hello guys, I've recently acquired a sct sf3 tuner for my 2012 mustang gt and I'm having problems. First of all this programmer is brand new and Is up to day on everything.

My problem is when I install the programmer on the car and I go into gear within a few seconds of moving the car starts to idle real low (like it died) and when you press the gas pedal it does rev up. I put the car in park and turn the ignition off and it will start up and do the same thing. If I pull the programmer off then the car runs great.

The car has no mods what so ever.

So far it's done it on the 87 and 91 canned tunes.(yes I'm running 91)

What is going on here?
Cody5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #2

Region: Louisiana
Now that you have a tuner get a custom tune from a reputable dealer. I had problems with the Sct tunes on my 2012 5.0 auto and after a custom tune through jdm engineering the car runs amazing.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

The closest tuner is a hr away and $500 or more to tune the car. This is the first sct product I've owned and I already wish I would of went and looked at diablosport programmer. This irritates me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I agree,you need a custom tune.On the sct web site you might find one close to your home or get a mail tune and data log to get it spot on.
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #5

Get a custom tune if you do it by email they cost a hundred to three hundred. Aed, Jdm, brenspeed, bama, steeda, bbr all provide good tunes
Old 07-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I will wait and see what sct says about this. Wouldn't a custom tune be a waste on a stock car. I would prefer a dyno tune vs email
Old 07-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Send it back and get your money. Many companies sell the same unit with free tunes, for the same money.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #8

Honestly my email tune was better than my dyno..give nick at jdm engineering a call and tell him Chris sent you he will answer all your questions. And as far as Sct goes. I had problems with mine and they said they would get back to me and never did. They also did not return my emails or phone calls.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks guys for the reply. It's weird I went out and put the tune on the car and it worked. I just need to figure out which octane fuel it's set to
Old 07-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Mine did the same thing with when I bought it. Just called bama and got the free tunes for life deal. They updated the tuner and its been great every since. I've installed many many mods on my car. And get a updated tune for each one. I usually get the updated tune the same day or the next. I think they are awesome. Get it data logged using your tuner and a lap top. And you will not look back. On another note, just because the tuner was bought new. Does not mean the tuner is up to date
Jsmorley81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I wouldn't run the canned SCT tune. They've been known to be dangerous.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Yea well i haven't messed with anything but changing it to 91 octane and I haven't made it down to hpp in Texas
Old 07-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
I put a SCT SF3 tune in my 2012 GT over a year ago when I installed it I took it to House of Boost to fine tune it! They did some adjusting to the air/fuel mixture because it was running rich. The car runs great, have added some other mods to it and after SCT sends me a new tune for the mods, free of course I took it back to House of Boost and have them check everything again. I couldn't ask for a better running Mustang, very happy with it!!!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:16 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOA MUSCLE View Post
Honestly my email tune was better than my dyno..give nick at jdm engineering a call and tell him Chris sent you he will answer all your questions. And as far as Sct goes. I had problems with mine and they said they would get back to me and never did. They also did not return my emails or phone calls.
I'm having this issue currently with BAMA! I've had 10+ tune revisions all with problems. Sent in 6 data logs in the last 5 weeks. The funny part is I only have a cold air intake and cat deletes. The only tune that runs rite is the 93R canned tune that I got loaded on my tuner when I ordered it from AM/BAMA. I'll be making the switch to AED VERY soon
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
ddinn25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddinn25 View Post

I'm having this issue currently with BAMA! I've had 10+ tune revisions all with problems. Sent in 6 data logs in the last 5 weeks. The funny part is I only have a cold air intake and cat deletes. The only tune that runs rite is the 93R canned tune that I got loaded on my tuner when I ordered it from AM/BAMA. I'll be making the switch to AED VERY soon
I'm not having issues with my bama tunes and have had them for a little less than 2 years. With that said this morning, I ordered a new tune from MPT.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominkc View Post
I put a SCT SF3 tune in my 2012 GT over a year ago when I installed it I took it to House of Boost to fine tune it! They did some adjusting to the air/fuel mixture because it was running rich. The car runs great, have added some other mods to it and after SCT sends me a new tune for the mods, free of course I took it back to House of Boost and have them check everything again. I couldn't ask for a better running Mustang, very happy with it!!!
How much did hob charge after you got it from sct then they checked and tuned it.

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:24 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post

How much did hob charge after you got it from sct then they checked and tuned it.
They charged me $280 the first time, than only $80 the second time I took it in with the mods!!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
After more bolt ons I may go have them do this!

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT