2013 mustang! NEED HELP - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
2013 mustang! NEED HELP

Okay I have a 2013 mustang it has work done to it such a a cat back boss 302 intake manifold and a full intake and I want a new performance mod that will help with obviously preformence but also with the sound of the car I was thinking jba headers and a jba catted x pipe but many people have been telling me that's it's not worth it do something else any ideas ???!?
Justinsenese is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinsenese View Post
Okay I have a 2013 mustang it has work done to it such a a cat back boss 302 intake manifold and a full intake and I want a new performance mod that will help with obviously preformence but also with the sound of the car I was thinking jba headers and a jba catted x pipe but many people have been telling me that's it's not worth it do something else any ideas ???!?
Open headers and no hood should do the trick.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

Open headers and no hood should do the trick.
I can't be running open header that's just crazy the car will be way to loud
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
I would certainly go with headers. I read the same thing about headers not being worth it, but I finally bit the bullet and haven't looked back. I went with kooks and gained at least 15 rwhp. Everything flows a lot better now than it did before.
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
striker79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker79 View Post

I would certainly go with headers. I read the same thing about headers not being worth it, but I finally bit the bullet and haven't looked back. I went with kooks and gained at least 15 rwhp. Everything flows a lot better now than it did before.
See I was Going to go with jba lt and a jba x pipe and everyone was saying it wasn't worth it but you deff think that it runs better and sounds better with header bc I was also was told it gets to be to loud and raspy and it sounds like ****
Old 07-24-2013, 07:30 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

See I was Going to go with jba lt and a jba x pipe and everyone was saying it wasn't worth it but you deff think that it runs better and sounds better with header bc I was also was told it gets to be to loud and raspy and it sounds like ****
What cat back do you have? I have the RTR mufflers and they actually got extremely quote after I put the headers on. Its so unique. I also have the kooks h pipe with side pipes so I can be loud as hell. It all depends on wat you have now, and wat you want the end result to be.
Yellow Blaze 2011 Mustang GT Premium. Kooks 1 7/8 midlength headers, Kooks Boss 302 H-pipe with Kooks sidepipes. Heartthrob mid pipes with flowpacks. RTR axle backs. Vogtland lowering springs. BMR adjustable panhard bar. Boss 302 Brake duct kit. Boss 302 trans scoop. Boss 302 oil cooler. Boss Intake Manifold. BBK 90mm Throttle Body. JLT Cold air intake with bama tune. JLT oil separator. Steeda lower control arms. BMR control arm relocation brackets. Barton two post short shifter. DSS Aluminum drive shaft. ACT HD Twin Disc Clutch
Old 07-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What cat back do you have? I have the RTR mufflers and they actually got extremely quote after I put the headers on. Its so unique. I also have the kooks h pipe with side pipes so I can be loud as hell. It all depends on wat you have now, and wat you want the end result to be.
I have the ford racing car back and like I said I was gunna do jba header and x pipe but I been iffy about it
Old 07-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have the ford racing car back and like I said I was gunna do jba header and x pipe but I been iffy about it
I would go with it then. I've heard the headers are a great combo with FRPP mufflers. Personally, I would go with a h pipe instead of x pipe because it sounds deeper and won't get more raspy.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I would go with it then. I've heard the headers are a great combo with FRPP mufflers. Personally, I would go with a h pipe instead of x pipe because it sounds deeper and won't get more raspy.
I don't think I can do an H pipe with my year I think I would have to x pipe but I can always get an off road one but then there would be no cats and I can't pass inspection
Old 07-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't think I can do an H pipe with my year I think I would have to x pipe but I can always get an off road one but then there would be no cats and I can't pass inspection
2013 gt can use h pipes. It comes stock with a h pipe. They are essentially the same as a 2011. The rear muffler section is just a bit different due to the different rear end body style.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I run kooks lts on our 13 boss, sounds awesome!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:15 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
I run kooks lts on our 13 boss, sounds awesome!
+1
Old 07-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

So you guys say headers are worth it ? And did it void any of your guys warrantys?
Old 07-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So you guys say headers are worth it ? And did it void any of your guys warrantys?
My warranty only had 1000 more miles, so I wasn't worried about anything warranty related. the headers shouldn't void any warranty, but headers require a tune which could void your warranty. If you already tuned your car for a cai, the warranty shouldn't be a concern.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Headers with a matching o/r x like the kooks or stainless works/power can gain you up to 30 rear wheel HP! Now it depends on the tune of course. You'll need a good tune to get the most from ALL of your mods. I witnessed a 2011 with a boss mani, jlt cai, and lethal H pipe put down 400 even with a bbr tune, stainless power headers and matching x pipe installed on the same tune put down 430whp on the same day and same dyno! Headers are ABSOLUTELY worth it and will be my next mod! You can expect even higher gains if you already have a 3in cat back.
Just remember a good tune makes a HUGE difference! If your going to stay e mail the go with AED. Or get a good dyno tune from a shop that's familiar with these coyotes and You will not be disappointed!!!
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
ddinn25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:53 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

im looking into works now i never looked into them bored but hopefully i can find soemthing bc the biggest thing for me is finding something that will fit into my 4 inch ford racing exhaust.................does anyone have jba headers bc i wanna know how thoughs are ?
Old 07-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
im looking into works now i never looked into them bored but hopefully i can find soemthing bc the biggest thing for me is finding something that will fit into my 4 inch ford racing exhaust.................does anyone have jba headers bc i wanna know how thoughs are ?
A 4 inch exhaust? Is the the muffler tip or inlet for the midpipes? I have only seen 3 inch and 2 3/4 inch exhaust pipes for mustangs.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
A 4 inch exhaust? Is the the muffler tip or inlet for the midpipes? I have only seen 3 inch and 2 3/4 inch exhaust pipes for mustangs.
yeah well when i bought it the dealership kinda had free rains to what they did to the car and i called them today just to verify and they told me 4 inch from the cat back so i would assume they know what they did to the car idk lol
Attached Files
Old 07-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

yeah well when i bought it the dealership kinda had free rains to what they did to the car and i called them today just to verify and they told me 4 inch from the cat back so i would assume they know what they did to the car idk lol
That's kinda odd. I would think dual 4" pipes would be TOO much flow. Its good to have some back pressure in a exhaust, otherwise you could loose horsepower, especially if its not forced induction.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
That's kinda odd. I would think dual 4" pipes would be TOO much flow. Its good to have some back pressure in a exhaust, otherwise you could loose horsepower, especially if its not forced induction.
yeah ik idk i posted a video on here you can look at it i mean it sounds good already but i think headers would be mean on it but i just dont know what will fit up with the 4 inch
Old 07-24-2013, 11:45 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Personally, I prefer the American Racing headers and X pipe. They're more expensive than most but the power grains and sound are the best IMHO.
Twisted 13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT