Tune downloading questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-26-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Tune downloading questions

I'm currently using a SCT X3/SF3 device to tune my 2013 5.0. I'm having issues with the tune revisions I'm getting via e mail from bama chips.
My question is can the tune files get corrupted when being transferred from my email to my PC to the device then the device load these corrupted files on the car?
Everything seems to transfer smoothly and without any issues. Everything seems to save ok and transfer ok and rather quickly. Even updating my devices firmware only takes about 2 minutes.
How I save the files:
1 open my email at work on my desk top
2 safe the tune files (cef) to my thumb/flash drive
3 plug the flash drive into my lap top
4 open the SCT device updater software and load the tuner directly from my flash drive
5 plug device into the car and load the desired tune.
I try to not use my lap top on the Internet if at all possible to prevent it from getting a virus. It's an old accer running on windows xp and only has .99gig of ram. I also use this lap top to program plc's, robot controllers, and cnc. It opens and runs all the installed software just fine
Anyone have any experience with this or is more computer SAV than me that can help?
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
ddinn25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Call Bama? That's about all the help im good for here, sorry and i hope you get it all figured out!
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:17 PM   #3
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddinn25 View Post
I'm currently using a SCT X3/SF3 device to tune my 2013 5.0. I'm having issues with the tune revisions I'm getting via e mail from bama chips.
My question is can the tune files get corrupted when being transferred from my email to my PC to the device then the device load these corrupted files on the car?
Everything seems to transfer smoothly and without any issues. Everything seems to save ok and transfer ok and rather quickly. Even updating my devices firmware only takes about 2 minutes.
How I save the files:
1 open my email at work on my desk top
2 safe the tune files (cef) to my thumb/flash drive
3 plug the flash drive into my lap top
4 open the SCT device updater software and load the tuner directly from my flash drive
5 plug device into the car and load the desired tune.
I try to not use my lap top on the Internet if at all possible to prevent it from getting a virus. It's an old accer running on windows xp and only has .99gig of ram. I also use this lap top to program plc's, robot controllers, and cnc. It opens and runs all the installed software just fine
Anyone have any experience with this or is more computer SAV than me that can help?
What are the issues you're experiencing? You're definitely completing all the right processes, when downloading a tune. I wish I could be more help with this, but you would definitely need to work with Bama on this!

I know you're already in contact with the Bama team, work with Ryan and he'll help you troubleshoot!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I'm just curious as to if the tune files are some how being corrupted when being transferred? Of the 10 revision I've tried ALL had some sort of issue. Either poor drivability or pinging/detonation. The 3 original tunes that came on my tuner run fine.
Also another reason I ask this is because the very first data log I sent in had something happen half way through and I had to end up sending in another log. Then the first revision I got threw cat codes like the rear o2's were not turned off. I called and talked to Alex and he said the tune WAS wrote for o/r exhaust. So if that's true then something happened when the files were transferred and that got left out? Or he was mistaken and they forgot to turn them off? Idk? He rite away sent another tune which did not throw codes. This 2nd tune ran ok so I logged it to make sure things were good. They sent a 3rd tune. This one had BAD drivability and basically the throttle STUCK! So I switched back to the 2nd tune and the stuck throttle issue went away. But that's when I started noticing the PING too. They sent a 4th tune but that also pinged. Then a 5th that pinged. Then I asked for the same tune but in a 91 platform. That tune also pinged. Then I was sent another that had the fueling tables changed that was supposed to help reduce ping. IT STILL PINGED. I have a tune that has a few deg of timing pulled but have yet to try it because at this point I'm fearing motor damage!? I loaded the 93R tune that came with the tuner and all the issues went away. I logged this and am awaiting a new revised tune. I want a tune that's wrote specifically for my car and mods to maximize performance and drivability instead of running the "canned" tune that came on the tuner. But so far its been a bumpy road to achieve that
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
Old 07-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I highly doubt the files are being corrupted. I would lean more towards the tune not being right. Maybe it's time to try someone else. It may cost you a little more but at least you won't have to deal with it anymore.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Same issue i put on here, went to try mpt and never look back ever since.. Op we have the issue called them 20x and got a bunch of revisions and still getting cel codes or car not running right..
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I'm in the process of getting data logs over to Shaun @ AED. I was out of town for a bit and now the weather is *****.
Bama was supposed to send me a tune last night but didn't happen. Now I have to wait till Monday. Even then I won't see it till Tuesday or Wednesday? I'm tired of waiting around and going back and forth like this! I can e mail AED any day any time and get a response within an hour.
I was told yesterday I'd have another tune last night but it never came. Now it won't be until Monday or Tuesday I'm sure?
At this point I don't have much positive to say besides there working on it.
I wish more ppl who are having similar issues would speak up and post The issues they are having.!At least that way MAYBE something will get done about it?
Old 07-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddinn25 View Post
Yeah I'm in the process of getting data logs over to Shaun @ AED. I was out of town for a bit and now the weather is *****.
Bama was supposed to send me a tune last night but didn't happen. Now I have to wait till Monday. Even then I won't see it till Tuesday or Wednesday? I'm tired of waiting around and going back and forth like this! I can e mail AED any day any time and get a response within an hour.
I was told yesterday I'd have another tune last night but it never came. Now it won't be until Monday or Tuesday I'm sure?
At this point I don't have much positive to say besides there working on it.
I wish more ppl who are having similar issues would speak up and post The issues they are having.!At least that way MAYBE something will get done about it?
I had the same problem with bama. after they sent me 4 wrong tunes in a row - one of them which didn't correct my speedometer - I gave up on them and went to mike at MPT. the MPT tune is outstanding. I heard Shaun at AED was also very good!
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Doses mpt do data log revisions to better refine the tune? Or are they "canned" only?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT