2011 GT or older? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-12-2013, 04:49 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
One more option to add to my list. I don't suppose you know what's better/worth it. The shaker 500 or 1000?
Vicham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Neither is super-awesome. The 1000 adds an amp and sub box to the 500. Midrange speaker upgrades help both systems a lot.

Problem is, you can't have the 1000 and also have the tech package (nav, etc.) if that really matters to you. The tech pack is quite nice and comprehensive, as it should be for $2300, msrp.

problem for you is, you won't get your choice in a used car, it will always be a compromise in some way, likely.

2012 Premium GT, Candy Red, Brembo package, 3.73, MT82, Comfort, Tech, et al. Procal tune, Roush UCA, UMI poly LCA, GT500s, Steeda red bracket, Hoosier 28x10x16 bias drags. Best e/t 11.91 at 115.23 RIP
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicham View Post
One more option to add to my list. I don't suppose you know what's better/worth it. The shaker 500 or 1000?
Get the shaker 1000 you won't regret it , it's more of a rare option due to higher cost but you can find a mustang with one if you look hard enough I did.1000 stands for 1000W , it comes with dual subs and two amps a total of 8 speakers all stock , it's a nice set up.
gladiatoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2013, 04:19 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Now to really shake things up. I am sitting here killing time looking at 302 and GT500 comparisons. To my knowledge the 302 isnt worth the extra 10k over the GT and it isn't as comfortable inside. In Canada going off the build my own app, a new Shelby will run my about 67k where as a used one ball park is 54. In the US that same car would be 10k cheaper all around.
I know it is way better performance wise and a completely different car inside and out. My dad has always taught me to do it right the first time. That being said should I go for a used GT as stated above or save harder and look for a used Shelby? Is it worth it?

I am still looking for a street beast that will not see a track. I plan on keeping this car for as long as I possibly can.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:17 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Now to really shake things up. I am sitting here killing looking at 302 and GT500 comparisons. To my knowledge the 302 isnt worth the extra 10k over the GT and it isn't as comfortable inside. In Canada going off the build my own app, a new Shelby will run my about 67k where as a used one ball park is 54. In the US that same car would be 10k cheaper all around.
I know it is way better performance wise and a completely different car inside and out. My dad has always taught me to do it right the first time. That being said should I go for a used GT as stated above or save harder and look for a used Shelby? Is it worth it?

I am still looking for a street beast that will not see a track. I plan on keeping this car for as long as I possibly can.
Is that even a serious question? My dad always taught me to not come home with the gift that doesn't stop giving!
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

2011 Kona Blue

So you're saying try for a Shelby?
Old 08-30-2013, 07:48 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
2011 Kona Blue

So you're saying try for a Shelby?
Oh heck yeah! Its a Shelby. You want all the heads to turn and be the King of the mustang world. The Shelby GT500 is the king! Sure 5.0's are awesome but everybody and there grandmother has the 5.0. In order to stroke our own egos we need to feel like the King of the road and the Gt500 is that. Gt500 all the way bro!
Old 08-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Oh heck yeah! Its a Shelby. You want all the heads to turn and be the King of the mustang world. The Shelby GT500 is the king! Sure 5.0's are awesome but everybody and there grandmother has the 5.0. In order to stroke our own egos we need to feel like the King of the road and the Gt500 is that. Gt500 all the way bro!
+1
5.0 are sooo abundant and gt500 are rare seen. If you are not doing road course racing then the gt500 is the king for you.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Stupid question but here goes...I know the cars are like comparing apples to oranges but is the Shelby 500 worth the extra 20 grand +\-? Sure it's got the 5.4 roadrunner engine, suspension, tune, and all that jazz but comfort wise and drive ability how is it? I have never sat in one or seen one in person. Is it the kind of car where if you were to drive long distances you get out and feel tired and worn down (had this happen in my jeep)?
Old 08-30-2013, 11:51 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Stupid question but here goes...I know the cars are like comparing apples to oranges but is the Shelby 500 worth the extra 20 grand +\-? Sure it's got the 5.4 roadrunner engine, suspension, tune, and all that jazz but comfort wise and drive ability how is it? I have never sat in one or seen one in person. Is it the kind of car where if you were to drive long distances you get out and feel tired and worn down (had this happen in my jeep)?
I've sat in one and been a passenger. it's f**** awesome. first time you do a 0-160 mph run you literally have to change your pants. you see mustangs all the time 3.7 or 5.0 - nothing special unless modded to hell but a Shelby. it's a rare sight at least where I live. I was on the highway the other day and this Shelby passed me going who knows how fast against some some corvette (the shelby being at least 5-6 car lengths ahead; sorry for portraying to street racing) and I swear it shook the road when it passed me. lol
13 stang22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

I fully agree they are rare. My plan was to save up and budget about 20 to 30k or there abouts and get a GT. I'd then mod the heck out of it. I figure by the time I sunk all that money into mods I could have bought a Shelby.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

My plan was to save up around 20 to 30k and buy a GT with Brembo package then mod the heck out of it. I figure by the time I have spent all that cash I could have bought a used Shelby. Like what has been state Shelby's are not vastly seen.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Is the Gt500 worth an extra 20 grand? The question you need to ask yourself is. Is the extra 20 grand worth it to YOU. How much are you willing to pay to be the King. How important is it to YOU to have the street beast? How fast is fast enough for you? How much is it worth to YOU to have a much more rare and desired car than the everyday 5.0 dime a dozen?

This is an individual question that has no right or wrong answer ,only individual egos and personalized bank accounts. Do you want to feel totally bad a$$ when driving? Do you want half naked stang sniffer woman throwing themselves at you? If yes, get the Gt500. Pull the trigger! I think its worth you spending 20 k more for a Gt500 because its not my money!

I loved the 2011 GT500 but not enough love to spend 40k more than my 11 V6. I loved the 5.0 but didnt love it enough to spend the extra 7,500k for it. So the real question is how much love do you have for a GT500 and what are you willing to pay for that love.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Very well put Kona Blue. You make some very good points.

Everything has a price and I am trying to keep everything as low as possible. I just don't want to get into the situation where I regret not going big. Yes it's more money but like you said it's rare. As I have stated before I want to keep this car until it dies...or I do. I'd rather have spent the same amount of money on a gt500 instead of buying a way better priced gt and putting the difference in mods. But then again this is one of those things where I am going to have to think, ponder, weigh out the toons, number crunch and take a step back to make the decision.
I could not justify buying a new one. No way. I do well for myself but not that well. A used by the time I am able to buy (move home from Europe) will hopefully be around what a gt is new. That price I can better accept spending and with some luck on a year to 17 months it may be that much cheaper. Who knows.

---------- Post added at 01:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 AM ----------

A modded to the nines gt would more than suffice but having a gt500 would be that much better and prideful to me (personally speaking). As it stands its an untouchable goal for me and owning one would be a sign of perseverance, discipline, hard work and accomplishment...more so than saving for a gt (personally speaking).
Old 08-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Your never gonna be fast enough weather you go v6 5.0 or gt500... you have to look at what you want out of your car... the price tags are a huge difference.... if you wanna go fast a you can go with a 5.0 and add a blower to it and be a lot faster then a stock 5.4 gt500 and your still under its price tag
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Glad I live in a town of 18k. I've only seen one other 5.0 in town and only five 05-10 models. Mopars on the other hand, are a dime a dozen since we used to have a Chrysler plant.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
There's 4 gt500's on base at Luke afb, Arizona. See them everyday, and at times I feel like going crazy in debt and getting one.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G View Post
Your never gonna be fast enough weather you go v6 5.0 or gt500... you have to look at what you want out of your car... the price tags are a huge difference.... if you wanna go fast a you can go with a 5.0 and add a blower to it and be a lot faster then a stock 5.4 gt500 and your still under its price tag
I personally would rather have a 5.0, strap a supercharger on it and that bad boy has 625 HP easily. I totally agree about puting a blower on it and way faster than an older Gt500. Your certainly well under the price tag of a Gt500 but remember no matter how fast a 5.0 is or can be made it will never be a Gt500. Some people want that name Gt500 to get the juices flowing to there loins. Its the name of the King mustang. If you want to be the King then you better be willing to cough up the money. It comes down to how bad does some want to pay for a name and how much your willing to pay.

From a financial aspect only, one could build a 5.0 to be faster than a Gt500 for way less than a Gt500 but at the end of the day you have a 5.0 dime a dozen. Your paying for the name Shelby and there is a premium for that name.

Shelby America offers for people to send out a V6 and for around 20k they will turn your car into a Shelby V6. 10k is for the procharger supercharger alone. Shelby America must be on crack. I can buy aftermarket parts to make my v6 look like Shelby America does along with install my own procharger supercharger for around 12k or under. But it wouldn't be a certified Shelby. You pay if you want to be the King. What's it gonna be OP? Do you want to be the King or a commoner of a faster 5.0 mustang
Old 08-31-2013, 03:28 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Speed (hp) is not really going to be an issue. If I got a gt I probably would not super charge it. I know the gt500 is.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Speed (hp) is not really going to be an issue. If I got a gt I probably would not super charge it. I know the gt500 is.
Then what's the issue?
Old 08-31-2013, 09:24 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

5.0's a dime a dozen? What does that make the sixxer then? Disposable?
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPIKExx View Post
Bahaha
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
The sixer is a penny a dozen and all over the place. .
Old 08-31-2013, 09:59 AM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The sixer is a penny a dozen and all over the place. .
Just messing with you. I know what your saying. Compared to the GT500 almost every stang in reasonably common, except the Boss. That's a rare bird in my neck of the woods
xxPIKExx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

If you enjoy driving, there's is nothing like the '11- 5.0 Mustang, you will love this car
2011 GT Premium, Brembo, 3.73, KONI STRT, Steeda Sport springs, GT500 strut mounts, Strano's adjustable swaybars, 275/40R19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport, HAWK HPS, ATE DOT 4, CS style rear pedestal spoiler, AM Eleanor side scoops, "C style" side decals, Black BOSS style roof vinyl, black custom hood vinyl & Black pony.
M3hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Just messing with you. I know what your saying. Compared to the GT500 almost every stang in reasonably common, except the Boss. That's a rare bird in my neck of the woods
Lmao. Amen. I live in the Philadelphia, Baltimore region and its not every day to see Gt500's. Heck I can go six months and never see one on the road. Try driving and not seeing a v6 or 5.0. Yeah right. Lol

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3hunter View Post
If you enjoy driving, there's is nothing like the '11- 5.0 Mustang, you will love this car
^+1. No doubt and its awesome but if you want to be the King , Gt500 is where its at. With that said, one pays a premium for being the King. If someone doesn't care about being the King, 5.0 is the way to go.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:13 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Kona Blue

My original thinking was to get a 2011/12 GT and mod it. I do enjoy modding and learning how to put the parts on my self. However roughly crunching the numbers I would be spending the same amount of money (more or less) on the GT and parts (labor for the things I can't do myself) that it would be around what a used 2011 GT500 would run me. I figure if I'm spending that kind of money why not start out with something different, rare and elusive. I don't think I have ever seen a GT500 on the road in Canada. V6 and GT's are a dime a dozen. That being said I would still certainly love a 2011/12 GT and regardless plan on getting a GT or the GT500.
In response to being King. Sure who doesn't want to be one. Everyone wants to be a little original.

My main question/wonder is (I'm just pulling out numbers for augments sake) if have 40G to spend do I buy a GT for 20 and put 20 worth of mods/work in to it or take that same 40 and buy a GT500 ,rarity/king factor/Look Cool Factor aside)? Sure the value of the vehicle has doubled but its still the same final sum. I just want to do all my homework and cover all my bases before the hunt really starts.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:33 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
The gt500 will hold it's value better. A $20k gt with $20k in mods, is basically a $20k car regardless of how much you put into it.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:33 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
The gt500 will hold it's value better. A $20k gt with $20k in mods, is basically a $20k car regardless of how much you put into it.
My thoughts exactly. A 20 to 30K GT with 20k of mods its still a 20 to 30k GT. I have also heard that Mods can hinder a used vehicle's price...Great for the buyer, not so good for the seller.
I think I am starting to see that perhaps the GT500 is the better choice for what I am looking for and probably the financially wiser one even though its maybe double the price. Its just hard right now trying to justify the 100% raise in price...which is to be expected, to myself.
But I do want to do this right. I also guess that speaking on terms of performance a GT500 will still have the performance numbers as a heavily modded GT but with out having to worry about voided warranties and possible problems... just my 2 cents.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

My thoughts exactly. A 20 to 30K GT with 20k of mods its still a 20 to 30k GT. I have also heard that Mods can hinder a used vehicle's price...Great for the buyer, not so good for the seller.
I think I am starting to see that perhaps the GT500 is the better choice for what I am looking for and probably the financially wiser one even though its maybe double the price. Its just hard right now trying to justify the 100% raise in price...which is to be expected, to myself.
But I do want to do this right. I also guess that speaking on terms of performance a GT500 will still have the performance numbers as a heavily modded GT but with out having to worry about voided warranties and possible problems... just my 2 cents.
If you gonna spend 40k for a Gt500 or 20k for Gt and 20k to mod it to make it compatible with Gt500 that choice is a no brainer. Gt500 all the way but 20k in mods seems way high to me. The 2011 Gt has 412 HP. The 11 Gt 500 has 550 HP. A 6k super charger will put you past the 550 HP numbers and that's just one mod. From a money stand point one should be able to make a 5.0 faster than the gt500 for under 10k.

But it loops right around to at the end you have a modded dime a dozen 5.0. Same ole, same ole. How much is it worth to you too have a more rare mustang?
Old 09-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

You wanna be king? Go get a zr1. Of corse that's another $50-60k more. You wanna be a man, go get a Prius. You wanna be a girl, then get a mustang. Lol

I want a gt500 and plan on trying to find a used one with less than 10k miles next year.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
You wanna be king? Go get a zr1. Of corse that's another $50-60k more. You wanna be a man, go get a Prius. You wanna be a girl, then get a mustang. Lol

I want a gt500 and plan on trying to find a used one with less than 10k miles next year.
So men drive prius where your from huh? You must be a democrat haha. But seriously if anybody thinks a "man" drives a Prius then I'm damn glad to be a girl
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post

So men drive prius where your from huh? You must be a democrat haha. But seriously if anybody thinks a "man" drives a Prius then I'm damn glad to be a girl
I was joking. You couldn't tell? Geez. And I'm as conservative as they come.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post

I was joking. You couldn't tell? Geez. And I'm as conservative as they come.
Na man I was just playing around
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If you gonna spend 40k for a Gt500 or 20k for Gt and 20k to mod it to make it compatible with Gt500 that choice is a no brainer. Gt500 all the way but 20k in mods seems way high to me. The 2011 Gt has 412 HP. The 11 Gt 500 has 550 HP. A 6k super charger will put you past the 550 HP numbers and that's just one mod. From a money stand point one should be able to make a 5.0 faster than the gt500 for under 10k.

But it loops right around to at the end you have a modded dime a dozen 5.0. Same ole, same ole. How much is it worth to you too have a more rare mustang?
I did a rough talley of my mods. I'm at 10k in parts only. That doesn't take into account skipping, customs and instal. If I added. Super charger, that would bump me to 16000. Now some of what on my list may not be needed I don't know. Just base on these rough numbers...I'd probably better off going the gt500 way...on the face of it.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I did a rough talley of my mods. I'm at 10k in parts only. That doesn't take into account skipping, customs and instal. If I added. Super charger, that would bump me to 16000. Now some of what on my list may not be needed I don't know. Just base on these rough numbers...I'd probably better off going the gt500 way...on the face of it.
10k with no supercharger. Good god man, what mods is on that 10k list. Lol. Get a used 5.0 with brembo brakes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2011 gt